Mt Juliet vs Gallatin (freshmen)

SCBisondad

Gwave, I read on the Riverdale post about the Gallatin freshmen being the real deal. Do you (or anyone else)know when they play MJ's freshmen and where at? I believe last year's MJ (freshmen) played, I mean destroyed, the Greenwave (freshmen) @Gallatin. Maybe your freshmen get revenge for last years team. From what I heard MJ's freshmen put it to Riverdale's freshmen. Sounds like it should be a good one also. I love the fact that the Tennessean picked the varsity team so low (no respect). You got some very angry Bears now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Destroyed ....Come on now.... It was 19-6. Gallatin scored first and had a penalty behind the play that did not effect the play, and a fumble inside the 1 while the game was still 6-6 in the 3rd quarter. MJ did score on back to back drives after that. But I don't think you call it destroyed, even Fred Samuel would probably agree with that.

Gwave, I read on the Riverdale post about the Gallatin freshmen being the real deal. Do you (or anyone else)know when they play MJ's freshmen and where at? I believe last year's MJ (freshmen) played, I mean destroyed, the Greenwave (freshmen) @Gallatin. Maybe your freshmen get revenge for last years team. From what I heard MJ's freshmen put it to Riverdale's freshmen. Sounds like it should be a good one also. I love the fact that the Tennessean picked the varsity team so low (no respect). You got some very angry Bears now.
I was at last years freshman game, I dont think destroyed is proper either. Just ask Riverdale and Blackman's freshmen. Funny thing is they dont look like they should be that good.

The Tennessean is whacked. Anybody who knows anything about highschool football knows that when you have a good coach with that many returning players you are poised for a big season. They can be mad all they want. week 2 both teams will be ready. I still say Mt Juliet is the team to beat.

Gallatin's freshman team are the real deal...They have a one 2 punch in running backs (robb...banks) all they need is a small hole and they are gone ...Good o line who seem to play well together..Big and quick defense that loves to hit .This may just be the most tallented freshman team Gallatin has had in a some time..There are several players on this team that played together tru middle school and where on the state A division runner up team in the Tennesse youth footbal league 3 yrs ago... Gallatin freshman open the season aug 27th @ Lebanon with the first home game sept 3rd vs Mt juliet...I plan to go to as many games this yr as i can...

If you go by the score, yes it was a close game. But if memory serves me right, Mj really dominated the game, but couldn't punch it in many times due to penalities and turnovers in the red-zone. It really was one sided. :roflol: I would anticipate a good game between these two schools. Since no one has really seen both of these teams play, it only leads to the imagination of what could be. I've seen Mj play and their defense is really good. They have only been scored on once and that was a 60 yard reverse the field TD. Good luck to both teams and let the games begin :lol:

I was at last years freshman game, I dont think destroyed is proper either. Just ask Riverdale and Blackman's freshmen. Funny thing is they dont look like they should be that good.

The Tennessean is whacked. Anybody who knows anything about highschool football knows that when you have a good coach with that many returning players you are poised for a big season. They can be mad all they want. week 2 both teams will be ready. I still say Mt Juliet is the team to beat.

I admit that I wasn't there for that one. I could have sworn I read that in the Gallatin paper last year. I should be able to make that game. Not working and I am in walking distance to the stadium now that I live in G-town. I am disappointed in the so called renovations to the stadium last year. It needs a least a fresh coat of green paint. I'm looking forward to the 3rd and 4th. Gwave, they changed back to the old ways in pee-wee football here in Gallatin. They won't travel and play other middle TN teams. They are keeping it inside Gallatin like they used to several years ago. Kinda weird watching my youngest practicing in the green and yellow with a G on the helmet.

Destroyed ....Come on now.... It was 19-6. Gallatin scored first and had a penalty behind the play that did not effect the play, and a fumble inside the 1 while the game was still 6-6 in the 3rd quarter. MJ did score on back to back drives after that. But I don't think you call it destroyed, even Fred Samuel would probably agree with that.
Sometimes the final score doesn't tell the whole story. 2 years ago when MJ and Gallatin (varsity) played I believe the final score was 28-14. MJ ran all over Gallatin and that game looked more like a 42-7 drubbing. And I was at that game. My nephew was in the face of the QB all night. My wife, who graduated from Gallatin, had her face down in disgust all night with the Wave's performance. She would tell you the same thing. "Nowhere close to what the final said".

I WAS AT LAST YEARS GAME AND I THOUGHT GALLATIN WAS LUCKY TO WIN THAT GAME..SEEMED TNE BEARS MARCHED UP AND DOWN THE FIELD RUNNING THE BALL AND THEN WOULD START PASSING THE BALL WHEN THEY GOT INSIDE THE 25 YARD LINE...I DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY SURE DIDNT NEED TOO ...BUT THAT WAS LAST YEAR AND WONT HAVE ANY BEARING ON THE OUT COME THIS YEAR...GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS...GO BIG GREEN !!

Kind of like last year's score between Gallatin and MJ, right? Game wasn't as lose as the final score and that was also a "drubbing."
Wrong! MJ killed theirselves by getting 2 TD's called back while in the red zone and another penalty for holding at the 25. For some reason the coaches had a brain fart that night and try to fix something that wasn't broken.

I think it all depends on which side of the stadium you sit on. 2 years ago Mt Juliet should have beaten us 42-7. It was that ugly but the final score didn't show it. Gallatin also had the weakest team they have fielded since I have been alive. Last year Mt Juliet did move the ball on the ground against the Wave but Gallatin also could not be stopped and the final score indicated that. Last year the freshman team had trouble with Mt Juliet. They also had some questionable coaching. About 4 or 5 years ago about 60+ freshmen went over to Mt Juliet and whipped them up and down the field. All depends on where you sit.

The renovations, I think are great. New paint....yeah it would help. But compared to what it was....awesome. There aren't many stadiums that have been up and still in existance like Gallatin's. They have been playing there for 80+ years. No track, close to the action, and when the stadium is full the atmosphere is incredible at this level.