09-10 best freshmen

sbl0702

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The frosh from Bolivar is real good.....but as a 7th grader and then 8th grader she couldnt handle TT or Shamon .....Shamon is same grade......beat them in West Tenn Mid School Champ 2 years ago and then during the tourney 1 year ago.....the girl from Bolivar was shut down....

sbl

I understand that Lake Co. had a very good Jr. High team over these past couple of years. However, the girl from Bolivar is the best Freshman I've seen play in a long time. She's got the handles, the shot, the defense.... it's all there for her right now and the skies the limit for her. She's going to be big time!

I understand that Lake Co. had a very good Jr. High team over these past couple of years. However, the girl from Bolivar is the best Freshman I've seen play in a long time. She's got the handles, the shot, the defense.... it's all there for her right now and the skies the limit for her. She's going to be big time!

Well..... after tonight, this PG from Bolivar is the best Freshman PG I've seen play in their Freshman year. She knows what to do with the ball out there on the court and sets her players up for easy shots. Her handles with the ball are unbelievable for her age. If there's a better Freshman PG in the state, I'd love to see her. This girls name is Tionne Herron and she's #00 for Bolivar. CHECK HER OUT!

Well..... after tonight, this PG from Bolivar is the best Freshman PG I've seen play in their Freshman year. She knows what to do with the ball out there on the court and sets her players up for easy shots. Her handles with the ball are unbelievable for her age. If there's a better Freshman PG in the state, I'd love to see her. This girls name is Tionne Herron and she's #00 for Bolivar. CHECK HER OUT!

She's impressive..going to be really good..Kinda reminds me of Strayhorn that played for Dyersburg a few years ago..She has a couple really good shooters around her..She's a different kind of player from Shamone..Shamone is averaging about or close to 20 points a game and many think she has been playing as well as T.T...And that could be a legimate argument since T.T. hasnt been able to stay out of foul trouble..Both are excellent players...Lake Co has a couple players at the middle school now that plays the style of the Bolivar guard..not trying to say they're better but play that flashy or smooth style..And one of them is only a 7th grader..a younger T.T...Different kind of players.Shamone is a bigger body that can shoot..can use her body to bang.The players like the girl from Bolivar stand out because they can dribble between their legs and can handle the ball..I didnt see her make many shots last night but I liked what I saw..enough movement to always be able to get a shot for herself if needed..I thought she was very impressive and going to get better..!

She's impressive..going to be really good..Kinda reminds me of Strayhorn that played for Dyersburg a few years ago..She has a couple really good shooters around her..She's a different kind of player from Shamone..Shamone is averaging about or close to 20 points a game and many think she has been playing as well as T.T...And that could be a legimate argument since T.T. hasnt been able to stay out of foul trouble..Both are excellent players...Lake Co has a couple players at the middle school now that plays the style of the Bolivar guard..not trying to say they're better but play that flashy or smooth style..And one of them is only a 7th grader..a younger T.T...Different kind of players.Shamone is a bigger body that can shoot..can use her body to bang.The players like the girl from Bolivar stand out because they can dribble between their legs and can handle the ball..I didnt see her make many shots last night but I liked what I saw..enough movement to always be able to get a shot for herself if needed..I thought she was very impressive and going to get better..!

She's better than Shaunda Strayhorn, in my opinion. Not only does this Bolivar girl handle the ball well, but she also controls her tempo while she is playing. She knows when to pull it out or when she has the numbers and can go with it. You can tell she has a very good basketball IQ for her age. Even after the GC game, I still think she did quite well to be a Freshman going up against the talent she went up against.

She's better than Shaunda Strayhorn, in my opinion. Not only does this Bolivar girl handle the ball well, but she also controls her tempo while she is playing. She knows when to pull it out or when she has the numbers and can go with it. You can tell she has a very good basketball IQ for her age. Even after the GC game, I still think she did quite well to be a Freshman going up against the talent she went up against.

Don't know what grade the shooters are around her..but at some point she's going to have to score..I dont think she scored many against Liberty and what did she do against Gibson Co?Maybe a couple points?

[quote="mrbigster

Don't know what grade the shooters are around her..but at some point she's going to have to score..I dont think she scored many against Liberty and what did she do against Gibson Co?Maybe a couple points?

Kendra Johnson is only a Junior and is the best shooter on the team.

Since when did a good PG have to score alot of points? A PG is used to set up the offense, be the leader, and set her teammates up for easy baskets. Not many Freshman would have a good game against Gibson Co. She played considerably well considering she was a Freshman going up against one of the best guards in the state in Butler.