09-10 best freshmen

sbl0702

I agree with how good Haley Meeks can be. Being that I'm old school it reminds me of how a Larry Bird or Magic Johnson played. Her passing skills and court awareness of where the ball should be passed for her team to score easy buckets in transition is phenominal. The skills that she's got can't be taught. It's something that all players need, but few players obtain. So with her leading Grundy and the talent she has around her the skies are the limit.

I agree she is extremely talented, but comparing any high school female ball player ever to Bird or Magic is ridiculous. I give the girl her do, she is extremely gifted, lets just not jump off the deep end about it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about the rest of these ladies, but i do know Jackson Co. has some pretty darn good freshmen who came in this year. Marissa Hensleys younger sister Mackenzie Hensley is a 6' 2'' freshmen who is learning and improving every game and by her senior year could become unstoppable. But she isn't the only sibling of jackson co. stars. Their is also 5' 9'' Brooklyn Apple whose two older sisters are Deanna and Kristy Apple who won state championships. I can tell she is going to be like them and both of these girls you can tell have grown up in the basketball court. You also have Lindsay Goat and Haley Dodson who are coming up along with them. These to me are the best freshmen in TN. If not now just wait until there senior year cause you will be hearing those names again. It will be some amazing ball to watch for the next four years at jackson county high school with head coach Jim Brown.

Her name is Lindsey Goad and Hailey will turn out to be a good one when she gets her confidence on this level.... Mack continues to get better every game and Brooklyn will be good as well.

I had a chance to see Wyatt from FRA tonight and she has a chance to be very good. Good ballhandler with either hand, strong passer with good vision. She didn't shoot well but she took good shots and you can tell she can shoot. Solid on d and good frame for rebounding. Also she plays on a good team with a good coach. Looking forward to playing them next Friday.

Freshman Shamon Pearson of Lake County had 23 tonight against Humboldt!!!!

sbl

Does Lake Co. have any girls coming up next year too?

YES!!!! Tiana Gray.....prolly the best pure shooter LC has had in many years...along with Wakeehla Jones...TT younger sister (btw she has 2 more sisters TWINS that are 4)...then in 7th grade rt now Jaquisha Yancy and Jasmine Yancy (TT clone)....not to mention the girls who are not the top dawgs but definitely work hard and play their roles to almost perfection....Lake County Middle School has only lost about 5 games in 4 years.....runner up twice in west sectiionals and Champions once with a chance to make another run this year....Things look good for LC girls!!!!

sbl

YES!!!! Tiana Gray.....prolly the best pure shooter LC has had in many years...along with Wakeehla Jones...TT younger sister (btw she has 2 more sisters TWINS that are 4)...then in 7th grade rt now Jaquisha Yancy and Jasmine Yancy (TT clone)....not to mention the girls who are not the top dawgs but definitely work hard and play their roles to almost perfection....Lake County Middle School has only lost about 5 games in 4 years.....runner up twice in west sectiionals and Champions once with a chance to make another run this year....Things look good for LC girls!!!!

sbl

Yea, Tiana Gray is the one I was thinking about. I was thinking you guys had one that was really good in the 8th grade this year.

If GC drops to Single A in the next year or two, there will be some GREAT games between the two schools! GC's feeder schools are loaded with individual talent from the 6th-8th grade! If they all stick through with it and play in high school, GC could once again be just as good as they are now. We also have another Heather Butler in the makings. She's a 8th grader at Rutherford Jr. High right now and reminds me pretty much of Butler when she was in middle school. If you get a chance to ref (if you do middle school) or watch one of their games this year, you'll know exactly who she is.

Freshman Shamon Pearson of Lake County had 23 tonight against Humboldt!!!!

sbl

Does Lake Co. have any girls coming up next year too?

sbl

I was thinking Tiana was going to be a freshman and didnt know she wasnt until the season was about to start..And I thought Yancy was a 8th grader until about a week ago..I said earlier that she was like T.T.She can fly..I'm glad now that she is only a 7th grader..That way with T.T.will be a senior along with Carnation Hart..then you Shamone will only be a junior..then Tiana a sophomore..going to be a lot of fun.Keeps everyone from leaving at the same time..I like that..!

sbl

Yea, Tiana Gray is the one I was thinking about. I was thinking you guys had one that was really good in the 8th grade this year.

If GC drops to Single A in the next year or two, there will be some GREAT games between the two schools! GC's feeder schools are loaded with individual talent from the 6th-8th grade! If they all stick through with it and play in high school, GC could once again be just as good as they are now. We also have another Heather Butler in the makings. She's a 8th grader at Rutherford Jr. High right now and reminds me pretty much of Butler when she was in middle school. If you get a chance to ref (if you do middle school) or watch one of their games this year, you'll know exactly who she is.

I hear Union City has a darn good middle school and a big girl that is as good as they get..But with T.T. only being a sophomore along with Carnation Hart..then you have Shamone Pearson only a freshman..should be able to handle her being a year older..then Tiana Gray..Lake Co is going to be loaded the next several years..The next two years should really be Lake Co 's years as long as nothing drastic happens..

• 2 weeks later...