7A BASKETBALL

senator

WHO SEEMS TO HAVE THE EDGE IN DISTRIST. RBS is gone and last few years haven't been sucessful anyway and Clay co lost a lot to graduation and JC very young last year should be better alone with PC, and Monterey and C'range lost some kids so the district could be very competive without a outright favorite and not a real strong team to go in postseason going in but could improve as season progresses.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson Co will be the favorites. PC should bounce back some this year. Nick Cross deciding to play his senior makes this team a lot more athletic, and gives them better size at 6'5". Moves everyone of the other starters to their, what I would say is, their natural positions. I like Joe Dowdy and Heath Elder to step up more this year, I like this team a lot......a whole lot....more than I did last years team.

Gordonsville opens up with Pickett Co. at home, then goes to Jackson Co. Both are Hall of Fame games. How do you think these games will play out. Gordonsville will likely have half of their team still playing football.

Not sure how it will play out in Pickett but even with ALL your players it won't be pretty against JC so with half of them out playing football i bet the game gets cancelled otherwise it will be nothing more than a 50 point blow out in favor of JC with the JV playing most of the second half :roflol:

Gordonsville opens up with Pickett Co. at home, then goes to Jackson Co. Both are Hall of Fame games. How do you think these games will play out. Gordonsville will likely have half of their team still playing football.

Not sure how it will play out in Pickett but even with ALL your players it won't be pretty against JC so with half of them out playing football i bet the game gets cancelled otherwise it will be nothing more than a 50 point blow out in favor of JC with the JV playing most of the second half :lol:

JC has done what to be the favorite by that much? Not saying G-ville has done anything either, but what are you basing your prediction on?

Not sure how it will play out in Pickett but even with ALL your players it won't be pretty against JC so with half of them out playing football i bet the game gets cancelled otherwise it will be nothing more than a 50 point blow out in favor of JC with the JV playing most of the second half :flower:

JC has done what to be the favorite by that much? Not saying G-ville has done anything either, but what are you basing your prediction on?

JC returns all but one of their core players from last years squad and the freshman and sophs from last year are bigger and better this year. They would have beaten G-ville last year as they did Trousdale in the region tourney. JC will be a big team for Class A going 6'7 6'4 6'3 6'4 and 6'1 not to mention the deepest bench. They will have 10 players that can ball and all of them but 2 still underclassmen. Couple that with the fact that G-ville will still be playing football and it will make for a long night my friend.

Not sure how it will play out in Pickett but even with ALL your players it won't be pretty against JC so with half of them out playing football i bet the game gets cancelled otherwise it will be nothing more than a 50 point blow out in favor of JC with the JV playing most of the second half :flower:

JC returns all but one of their core players from last years squad and the freshman and sophs from last year are bigger and better this year. They would have beaten G-ville last year as they did Trousdale in the region tourney. JC will be a big team for Class A going 6'7 6'4 6'3 6'4 and 6'1 not to mention the deepest bench. They will have 10 players that can ball and all of them but 2 still underclassmen. Couple that with the fact that G-ville will still be playing football and it will make for a long night my friend.

Size is not everything, as well as thinking you have a deep bench. You might expect to have a deep bench right now based on what is coming back, but that doesn't always turn out the case. But with 10 players who can BALL..... might as well give them the gold ball right now. They sound pretty unstoppable.

Size is not everything, as well as thinking you have a deep bench. You might expect to have a deep bench right now based on what is coming back, but that doesn't always turn out the case. But with 10 players who can BALL..... might as well give them the gold ball right now. They sound pretty unstoppable.

Not predicting a gold ball by any means but we will be unstoppable for Gordonsville and you'll have to play alot better than you did against FCS to beat us on the football field as well!

Not predicting a gold ball by any means but we will be unstoppable for Gordonsville and you'll have to play alot better than you did against FCS to beat us on the football field as well!

Can't wait for that game, it will be better than you think.

so 2 wins over two teams with a combined 2-18 record last year and your gettin cocky..... Doesn't take much does it? That 2-1 looks good until you see the caliber of competition. I wouldn't say anything about football until you beat a decent team. :flower:

so 2 wins over two teams with a combined 2-18 record last year and your gettin cocky..... Doesn't take much does it? That 2-1 looks good until you see the caliber of competition. I wouldn't say anything about football until you beat a decent team. :thumb:

Hey 2 wins for our football program is big so we need to gloat a little!! :thumb: Hey i'm just messing with you anyways about all of this. Gordonsville always has great teams no matter what the sport is. We will have to play a great game to win against you guys no matter if its football or basketball. Good luck to the Tigers this year

quote]Size is not everything, as well as thinking you have a deep bench. You might expect to have a deep bench right now based on what is coming back, but that doesn't always turn out the case. But with 10 players who can BALL..... might as well give them the gold ball right now. They sound pretty unstoppable.

so 2 wins over two teams with a combined 2-18 record last year and your gettin cocky..... Doesn't take much does it? That 2-1 looks good until you see the caliber of competition. I wouldn't say anything about football until you beat a decent team. :thumb:

Hey 2 wins for our football program is big so we need to gloat a little!! :thumb: Hey i'm just messing with you anyways about all of this. Gordonsville always has great teams no matter what the sport is. We will have to play a great game to win against you guys no matter if its football or basketball. Good luck to the Tigers this year

I understand its all in fun, have to have something to do to pass the time by. I'm glad to see that Coach Loftis is having a successful year up there so far, wish him the best of luck, and you guys will be a very tough out this year in basketball as well. Probably a region contender. Hopefully will be an exciting year in region 4A.