Mt Pleasant VS Spring Hill

wholder

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor was that Spring Hill had what it takes this year to get it done and they did. Congrats to Spring Hill on the "W" and good luck to you guys the rest of the season. For the opponents of S.H., get ready, they have got it, to get it done.

This one is what it is should have been with a 4A battling a 2A. My bad intuitions came to light with the hurting of our MLB Butler and a S/WR Davis. I hope their injuries are minor and will return next week for Collinwood. If anyone has the info to the extent of their injuries, it would be nice to know, if you would post as in to how they are doing.

Again, congrats to Spring Hill and an atta boy for the boys of mTp for playing up to get better......... :motorbike:

Honestly i dont think that Spring Hill will do well at all in their district. They arent that good for their size. I agree with bigby i mean it was 4 or 5a battling 2a.

"Honestly" SH did not play very well tonight...........but they still won 38-13. (MtP last score was against subs)

Way too many penalties, and just didn't look sharp.

Alot to work on in practice this week, but something to build on with a 2-0 start.

So what it was 4A vs 2A? Hasn't MTP won their district for the last several years and they had just as many on the sidelines as SH. Didn't MTP beat a 12AA team that preseason was suppose to make some waves?

I think MTP will have a pretty good season, they have some good athletes. Hope the MtP players that got injured tonight are OK. The WR got "ripped" on a big hit. Let us know how they are doing.

The "attitude" on The HILL this year is they really don't care what anybody thinks. They are going to focus on what they do, and not what everyone thinks they should do. :blink:

The size of school doesn't matter, Alcoa whops Maryville, even the coach for Maryville said they were whopped. What Spring Hill is trying to do is learn to win, expect to win, then go out and WIN. The boys have to have the attitude, we will win. Attitude can carry you along way. As for mTp they will fight for district. I talked to a few of the boys and they are a good group. May all Maury Co. teams have a good YEAR. :?:

Well here is my first take on this site.... Mt. Pleasant is average injuries hurt them in this game. 57 is a beast. Spring Hill is solid, they have a great QB and solid running game.

Spring hill dominated the line and moved the ball well. The first TD was on two plays when the runner was hit in the backfield and broke tackles for big yardage.(bad tackles or hard running?) The game was tight untill the big swing right before the half. Spring Hill 3rd and at least 5 the the game stops for at least 3-5 minutes (it seemed), the clock stopped working. It was the longest 1:44 I have ever seen? I believe it was a kickoff and 8 plays? When they came out the locker room Spring Hill flexed their strength. They are solid, but need to stop the mistakes to win against bigger teams. Both teams will do well this year and good luck to both!

Just a side note, was that a called fake 2-point up by 2 TD? Really? Just remember you have to go to Mt. Pleasant next year. They had many juniors on the field, and Spring Hill has many seniors.

"Honestly" SH did not play very well tonight...........but they still won 38-13. (MtP last score was against subs)

I went to this game out of curiosity. Thought it would be the best game in the area. Game was tied at 7 with about 4 minutes to go in the first half and MP had the ball in SH territory. MP fumbled. SH drove down and scored. It actually took about 15 minutes with all of the clock problems. That fumble totally changed the game IMO.

But I want to address the quote above. Yes the score was against subs. But who do you think was playing for MP with under 1 minute to go when SH scored. In fact, SH ran a no huddle offense on that last drive. Very disappointed to see that. The game is won. Show some class.

I hope the two kids injured for MP aren't too serious. Good luck to both teams.

I went to this game out of curiosity. Thought it would be the best game in the area. Game was tied at 7 with about 4 minutes to go in the first half and MP had the ball in SH territory. MP fumbled. SH drove down and scored. It actually took about 15 minutes with all of the clock problems. That fumble totally changed the game IMO.

But I want to address the quote above. Yes the score was against subs. But who do you think was playing for MP with under 1 minute to go when SH scored. In fact, SH ran a no huddle offense on that last drive. Very disappointed to see that. The game is won. Show some class.

I hope the two kids injured for MP aren't too serious. Good luck to both teams.

OK.........32-7. Does that make you feel better?

Are you sure you where there? SH did not run hurry up in the last minute. With that Ref, who could. . Both teams huddle, break huddle, come to the line and wait on him to blow his whistle. GEEZ that guy was slow!!

At the end SH ran the ball every play, with freshmen running backs.

That is Class. Not SH's problem if MtP subs can't stop SH subs. :?:

Good Luck to the Tigers !

Are you sure you where there? SH did not run hurry up in the last minute. With that Ref, who could. . Both teams huddle, break huddle, come to the line and wait on him to blow his whistle. GEEZ that guy was slow!!

That is Class. Not SH's problem if MtP subs can't stop SH subs. B)

Actually it was 32-13 at the time. I was there. Didn't hurry up? The team was lined up when the official put the ball in play. That is a "No-Huddle" offense. I agree they ran the ball, probably with freshmen. But going into a huddle before each play uses about 20 seconds. SH didn't run the no-huddle the whole game. Used it against the subs. Don't get so upset. But that is not class. By the way, get your clock fixed. Did you not realize you were playing at home?

That is Class. Not SH's problem if MtP subs can't stop SH subs. B)

Actually it was 32-13 at the time. I was there. Didn't hurry up? The team was lined up when the official put the ball in play. That is a "No-Huddle" offense. I agree they ran the ball, probably with freshmen. But going into a huddle before each play uses about 20 seconds. SH didn't run the no-huddle the whole game. Used it against the subs. Don't get so upset. But that is not class. By the way, get your clock fixed. Did you not realize you were playing at home?

why dont all you mt. pleasant fans go back and look up some of the scores from your past few seasons....have yall not run up the score a few times? yes...and NOW your complaining about it? wow.

why dont all you mt. pleasant fans go back and look up some of the scores from your past few seasons....have yall not run up the score a few times? yes...and NOW your complaining about it? wow.

I'm not a MP fan. Just someone who lives in Maury County who wanted to see a good ballgame. If MP did that to other schools they were wrong too. Unless you were at the games how do you know they ran up the score? Maybe they just beat people really bad early in the game. I don't know. I wasn't at every game. But the ones that I saw they usually won early.