Mt Pleasant VS Spring Hill

wholder

I thought MP played hard all night and should be proud of there effort. MP is only 2a because of the stupid new play off system. It was basically a 1a team vs 4a team ( if sizes didn't matter they wouldn't have them) and the 4a team returned about 20 starters from last year, thats a big advantage. SH did what they had to do and MP did the very best they could,just not as big and strong.I think SH will surprise some people this year. I hope the injuries are not to bad for MP. Good luck next week to both teams,

thats a terrible excuse...Alcoa, a 2a team, wooped up on a previously national ranked maryville team.

Keyword here monkey wrench, PREVIOUSLY. More than likely Maryville had 30 seniors. Thats exagerating but still. And how can you say size doesnt matter. We will see how size doesnt matter next week and the rest of the year. Yes spring hill beat mtp they were stronger and faster. SHHS just beat mtp on the line to. Spring Hill will surprise some people yes, but they will not look near as good as they did against mtp last friday night. Giles County will more than likely cruise over spring hill. We will see how size doesnt matter when spring hill plays Central this year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought MP played hard all night and should be proud of there effort. MP is only 2a because of the stupid new play off system. It was basically a 1a team vs 4a team ( if sizes didn't matter they wouldn't have them) and the 4a team returned about 20 starters from last year, thats a big advantage. SH did what they had to do and MP did the very best they could,just not as big and strong.I think SH will surprise some people this year. I hope the injuries are not to bad for MP. Good luck next week to both teams,

thats a terrible excuse...Alcoa, a 2a team, wooped up on a previously national ranked maryville team.

Keyword here monkey wrench, PREVIOUSLY. More than likely Maryville had 30 seniors. Thats exagerating but still. And how can you say size doesnt matter. We will see how size doesnt matter next week and the rest of the year. Yes spring hill beat mtp they were stronger and faster. SHHS just beat mtp on the line to. Spring Hill will surprise some people yes, but they will not look near as good as they did against mtp last friday night. Giles County will more than likely cruise over spring hill. We will see how size doesnt matter when spring hill plays Central this year.

im not a spring hill fan, so i dont care. size does matter to some degree, but still spring hill has been terrible in past years eventhough they were a bigger school, now there getting better and people use the excuse "they should win because there bigger" now.

No, actually because of the "stupid new playoff system", as you call it, Spring Hill is 4A instead of 3A (Spring Hill had been 3A the last four seasons just like Mt. Pleasant was 1A previously.) So, if you want to use classification matchups then it was the old 1A vs. 3A. Or, in the new system. 2A vs. 4A. Either way, it's still a separation of two classifications!! Same thing! Not a three classification difference as you incorrectly pointed out...

Just like someone on here mentioned earlier last week. All we heard from the Mt. Pleasant folks since Marco arrived on the scene was how bad they wanted to play Spring Hill (actually heard some wanted to play Central really bad and were running their mouth before the jamboree against Central) and how bad they would beat them. Well yeah. The old "Marco Pleasant Daileys" probably would've beaten Spring Hill at least three of the years he was there ('06 would've been interesting if they'd played). And nothing against riding the shoulders of a dominant player like Marco Dailey. No shame in that at all. All high schools have that once in a generation player at some point and more than likely they're going to run his legs off, if possible, while they're there. Spring Hill's had a few. Central has. C.A. has. Everyone lucks up and gets one of those special players every so often. But, I think that what happened while Marco was there was that many Mt. Pleasant fans (not all by any means) got very overconfident and thought they were ready to take on the state every year and didn't realize how much of that was simply because of #12. Now, did he help elevate the program even after he was gone? Yes. Absolutely. Mt. Pleasant is a good, solid program now and it shows on the field to this day. The excitement is there with the community. You can see it now. They'll win 6, 7, 8 ballgames most years, as long as they're in this district. Give or take a few games on either end. And let me say that it's probably been 8-9 years since Spring Hill could say the same thing about having a solid program, with the exception of 2006. That Spring Hill team was pretty solid...

Now, all that being said. Take your medicine Mt. Pleasant. You've wanted to play for so long. You've always debated the outcome of the jamboree scores the past 5 years or so (granted some were valid). And now, you finally get the game and you get beat pretty solidly. I don't want to hear the clock b.s. either. (64in76's explanation was dead on about what the issue was with the clock.) Was it frustrating? heck yeah. But both teams had to adjust! Spring Hill simply wore them down in the second half. Did you not see how much slower some of the Mt. Pleasant players were crawling off the ground in second half? That's a combination of depth and conditioning and I thought was to be expected in this game. But, remember. Ya'll wanted this game really bad the last four or five years! I'll also say this though. Spring Hill does have twenty plus seniors and next year COULD be a different story. But, as for now Spring Hill has the bragging rights. So take your medicine and remember it COULD flip flop next year. But, like I've already said. This series is what so many Mt. Pleasant fans have wanted for a while and now that it's here and they got beat the classification excuse pops up! Just remember that the classification separations aren't any different now than they were five seasons ago!

Also don't forget. If you want to use the classification difference then Spring Hill had nothing to gain except bragging rights. If Mt. Pleasant had won all we would've heard was how Spring Hill couldn't beat a 2A team! Mt. Pleasant is the one with nothing to lose, except bragging rights! (It's almost like the reverse situation with the Central/Spring Hill series. Central is supposed to win because of classifications and has nothing to gain except bragging rights.) So remember. You can CHOSE to use the classification excuse if you want but remember it's a two way street as far as that goes. Spring Hill has some disadvantages in the mental aspect of the series as well because leading up to the game they're "supposed to beat a smaller school". Right?? :popcorneater: