Sevier County at Halls

1moreopinion

Halls is coming off a loss not that unlike last year. Halls stayed close to Maryville and allowed the game to slip away. Halls was neck and neck with Clinton, but went to sleep for 1/2 of one quarter and it cost them. There were major challenges both years. Last year, Halls was inundated with sickness. I heard that there were several kids with Mono. This year, the starting QB was not able to play. (Side note: It was great to see #14 on the sideline last night. For those that missed it, the car that Dowdy wrecked was placed near the front gate as a reminder to all to wear their seatbelts. It is amazing that he survived that accident) Following these losses to favored opponents... Last year, Halls went to Sevier County and did not play well until the end and lost a close one. This led to a 2-6 start to the season. This year…….I guess we will find out Friday night.

What do you guys think about this year’s match up? Sevier Co. is coming off of a big win.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the devils can pull this one out, but with the little one still callin the plays it don't look good for the home team.

Can somebody please tell me why we can't do better in schdeuling open season games. Last year Maryville this year Clinton, why don't we play them later and get an easirer schedule for our players to improvement each week?

Hope I'm wrong but, SC - 21, HHS - 7. Prove me wrong guys!

B) Best of luck to both teams this week. Was a tough match-up early on for you guys against Clinton. and it does'nt take much to let a game slip away. I am a huge S.C. fan and hope you guys fall asleep again but also hope that the Bears don't fall asleep as well. I always enjoy this match up between these two teams. Totally diffrent styles of play. Which makes the game more interesting. If Halls can run the ball and have good secondary play the game will be very close. S.C. is much improved on the offensive side of the ball this year with some pretty good skill players. And Zach Flynn was wonderful last week.

He was 13 for 17 passing for 295 yds last week. Which 265 yds came in the first half of play. and started 12 for 12 before an incompletion. Which was completed to 8 diffrent receivers. So they have some good skill players this yr. But like always halls has a great clock control offense. So this one will be very close I believe this yr.

Sevier Co. 17 Halls 14 Hope everyone has a safe trip to the game this friday and I hope that all the players stay well hydrated and end the game on a safe note.. :thumb:

Thanks for the update on SC. I also enjoy this series. I always enjoy watching teams with good coaching and lots of tradition play each other.

I think the Halls secondary is turning out to be very strong. The problem for Halls, that has been the case for the last several years, is the offense. With the exception of the jolt Kitts brought, the offense has seemed to struggle any time it plays against a formidable defense. The running game seems to be slow and predictble and the passing does not seem to come easy. Every completed pass brings cheers like no one was expecting Halls to complete one.

I hope Halls can grow and come together. I hope the coaches can push the right buttons. I am not real sure what to expect out of this team.

I hope Halls can grow and come together. I hope the coaches can push the right buttons. I am not real sure what to expect out of this team."

1moreopinion...Not sure if you have really been a part of the team this year, but you have been seeming to start a few threads on these boys. However, I just wanted to make a comment to say that this has been the most "together" group of boys they have had in a while. It was good to see that even after the loss to Clinton, which after some hard playing Halls held till third quarter 7-7, they came off that field still with a good attitude, unlike even last year. Now if I took the "come together" out of context, my apologies. They still have a whole season ahead and I think they will get better as the games go.

I will make one more comment just in general that they really need to mix things up. It was pretty predictable what plays were coming. Lets not have to go through another season of "one particular coach", not saying any names, making the same one or two plays like he did last year and like he did Friday night. Gotta mix it up! He needs to get out of that routine NOW and let the boys do what they do...

Good luck Halls against SC Friday! Head up, play hard, and lets get that win!

I was impressed with the team spirit and unity this years team has displayed. Playing a formidible team like Clinton to virtually a stalemate for most of the game was great. I think Clinton noticed our secondary was tougher for Stone to break down thus giving Hazelhurst his Kitts like numbers.

In reference to onemoreopinion The 07 team had the most balance that I have seen in a Halls team in sometime. Most remember Wesley Kitts ( the Jolt factor) but they had a great receiver in Daniel Dayton (look what he did to Maryville that year) that made it all work plus a chemistry we didn't seem to have last year. If we can find Gresham more this should open up Gibby and our other talented backs. The little fella as devilsden like to call him needs to find balance for us to be successful. We are on the right track. Keep it up Red Devils :geek:

Seiver County is always tough but I think my Devils will win this one. Halls 24 Sevier Co. 17 Impressed with Coffman at the helm.

ZCAR...good post. That was good group and this is a good group as well. I think they will only improve. I was proud of the job they did Friday night, did not look bad at all. Had a few mistakes that Clinton jumped on to their benefit, but I think they still looked good.

As far as the 07 group, I always loved to watch Kitts play ball. He was just a natural. Wished we had been able to enjoy him a couple more years than we did. There is a soph that reminds me a lot of Kitts this year. Hope Kitts is having great success, he deserves it.

I think Halls will continue to improve. Clinton is over so the focus needs to go for SC. I think they will do well this week. Go Halls!!!

Banter, is that the Long kid of whom you speak? I too hear that he's special, much like Kitts, who many people still to this day underappreciate with respect to his speed, strength and ability to spark the offense. And as ZCAR said, coupled with the Dayton threat, Halls' offense was really hard to defend in '07. Had Kitts been around and if we had the old OC last year, well, one can only imagine.

I like the fact that SC is playing us at home. I don't think they'll be able to exploit us with the pass like they did last year. The key on defense then will be buttressing the DL. If I'm a Halls opponent that's where I'm going to focus. If SC has any kind of running game at all then the outcome could be less than satisfactory (from my perspective).

DiverCity... yeah, Long is that kids last name. He just reminds me of Kitts for some reason. He is a good athlete, hope he gets the time to show what he's got. Hes got a older brother Jake and that kid has had a huge body change in the last year or two. That kid looks like a pile of muscle and from watching the game the other night, he is gona do well this year. Hes one of those kids that may look small but somebody sure don't want to underestimate him and get in his way. Those brothers are both good kids to boot. There is a whole bunch of good kids on this years team. Heck, I thought the whole team did a great job. McFalls, Fitzpatrick, Gresham, O'Laughlin...etc.etc.etc..can't name them all. But, aside from teh score, the entire team looked pretty darn good. They have a tough starting schedule this year, gotta give these boys support and let them play ball. Lets get the plays mixing up and let these boys do what they do. And man, those boys walking out on that field locked arms, that was the neatest thing I ever saw. I know it was for the Dowdy who was hurt in a car wreck, but I think they should walk like that every game...looked intimidating at heck!

Now, back to the main subject - Kitts... That kid was awesome. There wasn't anything better than to sit in those stands on Friday night and watch that kid play ball. It was all without effort, he just went! You made a good point about him being unappreciated, thats a true statement. I'm glad to hear he is doing well and glad to see he is playing football!!! Talk about a kid getting bigger, that kid has got big. Looks good! Hes one of those kids that is just a good kid...hes a good kid, well mannered, made good grades, a great athlete but was just humbled by it all. Not many kids like that around anymore. I wish him well in his career and I expect to see that boy go places!

I say Halls wins over SC. Good Luck!