Cumberland Gap vs. Union County....any thoughts?

veerman8133

Union Co. comes to CG on friday. One of the new teams on the Panther's schedule. Although I think they did play back when the school first opened...but anyway. From what I'm hearing, CG has been up and down with their past couple of scrimmages. They looked pretty good in their jamboree, but have struggled since. I guess the biggest question and my main concern is can they be consistent. Don't know much about union co. except from what I saw at the jamboree. They have some good size and a couple of pretty nice backs. However, it being game 1 of the season, and CG's home opener, I'm gonna give the nod to the panthers in this one! :thumb:

CG-28

UC-14

CG will beat them as bad as they want. Union County won't win a game this year. Not being mean to Union County fans, just stating the truth. I hate to see any team go 0-10 but I believe they will.

Yeah, I think this is going to happen. Claiborne played Cosby on the Friday and beat them 34-6. I read somewhere on here the Cosby run over Union County. So I believe you all will win no doubt about it.

hey foo-ball ubeta I really like your postive thinking about your team. Myself this year I am going to strictly callem the way I see'em without my emotions getting in the way. Or my favorite team getting in the way. I am really sorry to say to all of the Union Co. fans out there but Cumberland Gap will beat you as bad as the coach wants it to be. sorry! :thumb:

First of all i'm glad to see that some of our critics have come to the good side. Next, i'm hoping that all these great predictions will come to fruition. IMO I think that CG will have to play hard every week because of the injuries that they seem to be suffering from. Having said that, if a miracle finds its way to the panthers and we get everybody healthy and keep them healthy AND get them into game shape then we will be a very very good team. That isnt looking like the case but hey, ya never know. Before friday I hope the line mans up and decides to block because if they do not then it could be a very long night. For the Panthers to win a lot of games this year they will HAVE to have strong line play. Shipley has to be able to throw it a little bit, and after coming off of the season he had last year we know he can do it. Scrambling out of the pocket wont cut it every single play. Other than those two concerns (health, blocking) I am confident that the panthers can get at worst 3rd in the division. Hope i'm rght.

I went up and seen the game at CG last night, my personal observation was that

if you are up 34-0 in the 4th qtr, you dont leave Shipley in the game to get him hurt unless you are trying to run up the score, which is crazy you lose him and your season is in the tank, if you have a player of Shipleys caliber you need to protect him with that big of a lead, SIMPLY CRAZY move on the coaches part.

I went up and seen the game at CG last night, my personal observation was that

if you are up 34-0 in the 4th qtr, you dont leave Shipley in the game to get him hurt unless you are trying to run up the score, which is crazy you lose him and your season is in the tank, if you have a player of Shipleys caliber you need to protect him with that big of a lead, SIMPLY CRAZY move on the coaches part.

Obviously you have no idea what is going on in the Panthers camp!!! Their second string QB(FR. Blake Franklin) and the ONLY backup has had back problems and has maybe practiced 5 days in 3 weeks. He hasnt been able to put the time in with the team to be able to get a good feel on what he is doin. And im sure that the coaches didnt want to risk re aggrevating his back even more. And the Union D wasnt getting any pressure so there was no fear that Shipley was gonna get hurt. So before you criticize the coaching staff, know your facts.