Mt Juliet vs. McGavock

SCBisondad

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any predictions billybee? I will throw a 30-16 MJ win out there. Like I said before. I don't know anything about McGavock except the QB is supposed to be an upcoming player. I won't be at this one so give me some details ASAP after the game. I'm hoping MJ is not looking ahead to the Gallatin game. One game at a time guys. Go Bears!

Going with Mt Juliet as they are probably the best football team in Wilson County right now.

If this was a gang fight instead of a football game I would take McGavock. Their BEST atheletes are not on the field. They are busy with other things. WORD!

It's been like that for a long time at McGavock. I know of one battle they (McGavock) lost on the dam one night. Some of the stupid things you do when you're young. Glad them days are past me.

Just waiting to see what team steps onto the field. For some reason, there are alot of excuses

floating around the halls @ MJ already? I think that after a couple good wins under their belt,

the team will realize how good they really are! I am hopeful that MJ will have an awesome year!

Going with Mt Juliet as they are probably the best football team in Wilson County right now.

If this was a gang fight instead of a football game I would take McGavock. Their BEST atheletes are not on the field. They are busy with other things. WORD!

It's been like that for a long time at McGavock. I know of one battle they (McGavock) lost on the dam one night. Some of the stupid things you do when you're young. Glad them days are past me.

It is not just McGavock, nor is it just Metro. In the late 60s early 70s it did not matter who won the game, but the fight afterwards and EVERYBODY played!

I remember being recruited by friends at Antioch to come and help against PC and Maplewood!

Back then Smyrna never beat M'boro Central, but we won ALL the fights! :roflol:

21-20 MJ

I was disappointed with the game tonight. MJ should have handled McGavock. They do not have a team full of amazing athletes, but McGavock ONLY RAN 3 DIFFERENT PLAYS ALL NIGHT LONG!!! They threw a short pass to the sides of the field and then a toss up the middle. MJ left atleast 1 man open on every play. Therefore they blew a 21-6 lead to barley win. I mean if I was the defensive coach I would have had a man on every McGavock outside man, because they always threw it to the one man that MJ left off. Their offense is good. Their running game needs a little work, but the starting full back is coming back next week, so that should help. But they are gonna have to tighten up that defense if they want to beat Gallatin next week.