JACKSON COUNTY VS. COMMUNITY

devils08

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never forget the night I was watching Big John Merritt puffing on his victory cigar on TV while my friend was shearing his little pet poodle. We discussed the game briefly when my friend turned and held up his poodle to the neighbors, myself included, and we all said "you cut it too close , it's just too close. The poodle has no hair." It was at that point he put his little dog 'Hugo' down and the dog ran behind the TV set and turned it over breaking the TV in pieces during Big John's explaination of the dreaded pass rush of his future Hall of Famer Claude Humphrey.

'Hugo' the bald poodle was not man's best friend on this night!

I'll never forget the night I was watching Big John Merritt puffing on his victory cigar on TV while my friend was shearing his little pet poodle. We discussed the game briefly when my friend turned and held up his poodle to the neighbors, myself included, and we all said "you cut it too close , it's just too close. The poodle has no hair." It was at that point he put his little dog 'Hugo' down and the dog ran behind the TV set and turned it over breaking the TV in pieces during Big John's explaination of the dreaded pass rush of his future Hall of Famer Claude Humphrey.

'Hugo' the bald poodle was not man's best friend on this night!

I think you guys in JC have been hitting those left-handed cigarettes a little too frequently...

Back to the business at hand if I may for a moment. Community will come into Gainesboro with a chip on their shoulders looking for respect after a disappointing season a year ago. The Blue Devils best be prepared to play hard if they hope to go 2-0 for the first time in 20 years. Yes, by best accounts it was 1989 when the Blue Devils last started a season 2-0. Anyone who can confirm or correct this information please do so. I would be very curious if that is accurate.

Either way the battle starts and 7:00 p.m. and a huge crowd is expected. There is a buzz in the air in Jackson County. Both teams are looking for respect and that usually makes for an exciting contest!

Pray for no injuries and a safe trip for all.

Community comes into this game after a 1-9 season a year ago. Still with an issue at the quarterback spot. Very Inexpirenced Trey Barnes at quarter back. They will come out in a Pistol Wing set. Run first pass second kind of offense. The head coach runs both the offense and defense over in Unionville. Which for any of us who have coached knows can be very difficult. Defensivly they will run your usual 40 defense. one blitzing backer at all time. A few twist up from but nothing to complicated. They have the opportunity to be a decent little program but not enough kids and not enough expirence on the coaching staff. You have Coach Eric Hunt and Zack Faulk which who have never played a down of college ball in their life. Then you have Johnnie Frost and Seth Carter whom have played college ball. Also they have no depth as they may have 25 balls players in which maybe 11 REAL varsity football players.....

As for the kids, you go out there and give all youve got.....Some of you have worked your butts off to get to this night. Hurts my heart to not be in gainesboro with a headset on......but there were just some issues with the head coach as you know....love you guys to death......go get em vikes.......

coach miller

sounds like somebody got there feelings hurt what a joke if you are a real coach spartan no wonder they got rid of you that is no way to pump your team or your old team up that entire post was about you and that is a shame i have no dog in the hunt i was just reading the post and had to respond

GAINESBORO- The Jackson County Blue Devils jumped to a 49-0 halftime score on their way to a 52-0 win over Community. The Blue Devils put 14 points on the board in the first quarter and after a 30 minute delay while the lights on the home side were being repaired the Blue Devils put a whopping 35 more on the scoreboard before the half.

Quarterback Jeret Goad completed 12 of 14 for 196 yards and 4 touchdowns and did not attempt a pass in the second half. Goad has now completed 27 of 30 for 374 yards and 7 touchdowns in the first two games while not throwing an interception. The sophomore was poised in the pocket and distributed the ball to the open receiver as Jackson County cruised to a 2-0 start for the first time in 20 years. If you throw in the Jamboree with White County, Goad is an amazing 37 of 42.

The leading receiver this week was Chris Stafford with 5 catches for 90 yards and a touchdown. Stafford had been shut out last week in the 54-7 win at Houston County.

Patrick Davis and Ethan Kirby had 2 touchdowns each to pace the Blue Devils in that department. Kirby had 2 catches for 39 yards and 2 scores while Kaleb Allen had 3 catches for 49 yards and a score.

Jackson County had only 270 total yards in the contest as the Blue Devils defense and special teams continued to give the Blue Devils a short field. Jordan Godwin led the defensive effort with 2 fumble recoveries and an interception while Colby Fox led the team in stops with 8 total tackles.

Uriah Bowman redeemed himself from the first game jitters when he was only 3 of 6 on extra points to finish 7 of 7 this week while Justin Stewart connected on a 24 yard field goal and kicked the ball off well all night.

Community had 2 first downs , both coming by way of a penalty and the Vikings had 2 total yards. They rushed 27 times for 3 yards and completed 1 of 5 passes for minus one.

The Blue Devils have won back to back games by outscoring their opponents 106-7. The team has given up minus 1 yard passing through 2 weeks and the only score came in the closing moments of last week's win over Houston County.

Friday night the Blue Devils visit the defending state champion Trousdale County Yellow Jackets. It will be a big game as the upstart Blue Devils face the long and storied tradition of Trousdale County.