Karns @ William Blount

tpoole12

Hey guys,

The g men looked much better than one would think after the Jam. The new coach seems to be improving every week, the cards are stacked against him and he has not had the support of some, When the kids get acclimated to the new systems we may see a playoff team this year.

GO Govs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not got the opportunity to go to SC for the game last week, but did just get done watching it on BCS-TV. Here are a couple of observations and questions:

1) I was really impressed with our offensive line, and the entire offense in general. I am like you GovMan this is a fun offense to watch. I like the motions it is a great way to get a jump on the defense and at times catch the defense jumping offsides. While I am talking about the offense I did notice Treadway refer to Tim Poole with many great blocks in the game (I noticed him doing it twice). But, it is the first game, I guess we all make mistakes.

2) As already stated we will be killed in most games if our secondary does not tighten up. I was impressed with sophomore Devin Walker on the end, fast and strong, reminds me of a few other Walker's the have played defensive end for William Blount.

3) We had some very impressive returns on kicks. I guess anytime you can get Hasanstaub and Irwin the ball in the open field it is a good thing. One question about special teams - Why is Zack not punting, didn't he punt last year?

I am excited about getting back to William Blount for some Friday night football.

I did notice Treadway refer to Tim Poole with many great blocks in the game (I noticed him doing it twice). .

blountfan

I can assure you that Tim Poole did not make a single block in that game. Daniel Poole may have but our good friend GovMan will vouche that Tim Poole didn't even get to dress out....................... :wacko: I would bet that he didn't even make the team.............................. :wacko:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I did notice Treadway refer to Tim Poole with many great blocks in the game (I noticed him doing it twice). .

blountfan

I can assure you that Tim Poole did not make a single block in that game. Daniel Poole may have but our good friend GovMan will vouche that Tim Poole didn't even get to dress out....................... :wacko: I would bet that he didn't even make the team.............................. :wacko:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I was glad to see Daniel have a good game, he is a great ball player and really nice kid. Maybe we can come out on Friday and get a win from the Beavers.

Yeah he is a good kid.... Guess he gets that from his Mom....... :wacko:

I know he can block anyone at the dinner table.... You have to hide your food to eat.... I guess that's why his sister is so small............. :wacko:

I'm sure the Govs will improve this week. They have alot of good atheletes. Time in the new system will help.................. :wacko:

tpoole12

Well I hate to break up this Willie Blount lovefest but even though you guys don't give us a chance, I think Karns will go ahead and bus on over Friday night and take the field. We've got a 3 yr starter QB who can throw it on target. Most of our receivers are young (one is former Alcoa star Brian Sommers' little brother) and they can catch. Our defense wasn't flawless last Friday but I don't think you'll put up 38. Our kicker has a strong leg and has put 2 of 3 kickoffs in the end zone. So lets hope it's a good clean game with refs who can keep the flags in their pocket as much as possible and may the best football team win. Is that Burton kid playing anywhere?

Well I hate to break up this Willie Blount lovefest but even though you guys don't give us a chance, I think Karns will go ahead and bus on over Friday night and take the field. We've got a 3 yr starter QB who can throw it on target. Most of our receivers are young (one is former Alcoa star Brian Sommers' little brother) and they can catch. Our defense wasn't flawless last Friday but I don't think you'll put up 38. Our kicker has a strong leg and has put 2 of 3 kickoffs in the end zone. So lets hope it's a good clean game with refs who can keep the flags in their pocket as much as possible and may the best football team win. Is that Burton kid playing anywhere?

BigTuna

I re-read all the posts and have yet to find any WB fan saying that you all didn't have a chance. fsutandum I think is a Sevier County fan. I think he is the only one who has posted a prediction. I stated earlier that I didn't know anything about Karns or anyone who did but I do know your coach. He is a old WB coach from the past and I always liked him. So before you get all fuzzed up you should check and see who is saying what. I do appreciate the information you gave us..

tpoole12

PS: Have you considered switching to de-caf ????? :thumb:

GO GOVS

Big Tuna,

Although I did pick WB to win, I certainly "give you guys a chance." If the Govs turn it over 3 or 4 times and if their pass defense doesn't improve, Karns could very well go away victorious. You mentioned your strong legged kicker. It will be a real advantage for the Beavers if he does kick it into the endzone, cause we've got three guys lining up deep that are extremely dangerous. I do like the Govs though if they correct their mistakes from week 0.

TVGov, I'm sorry I left you and the Prof hanging. Sevier County was one of the few games that my wife was able to attend with me and I hated to leave her all alone. If I haven't "burned any bridges" I would certainly like to help at the next away game. We'll talk Friday night. BTW, CJ said he might be interested in doing the camera for away games if you guys still need someone. And let's get real honest ... when it comes to singing, you're gonna get the nod over me! :thumb:

Karns will form sure have the upper hand, we have a 3 year starter QB that can throw the screen better than most and if the refs aren't for Wiiliam Blount it will be Karns first victory since Jeff County last year. Big Tuna you are right we can kick it in the end zone and we do throw the ball around but our run game is down right terrible, Karns does need something positive cause if it don't happen soon it may be tough to bounce back, we need to hold the injuries down and come out with a vicyory.

GovGuys,

I'm glad to see you do give Karns a chance. Our program has been on the outs for a long time but we've got a group of sophomores up from last year's very successful freshman team and some guys with limited experience who think they can win for a change. Hopefully it will be an exciting game and the concessions will be good as well. Jammin01, you never talk about your weaknesses when discussing the team with reps from the opponent. But now that you mention it, did we HAVE a running game last week? :roflol:

BTW, it's early and I haven't had my 1st caffeine dose yet so hopefully this post is a bit calmer. Actually one of my favorite pastimes has always been to throw out some fresh meat to the CoachT sharks and see if it drives them into a frenzy. :roflol:

GovGuys,

I'm glad to see you do give Karns a chance. Our program has been on the outs for a long time but we've got a group of sophomores up from last year's very successful freshman team and some guys with limited experience who think they can win for a change. Hopefully it will be an exciting game and the concessions will be good as well. Jammin01, you never talk about your weaknesses when discussing the team with reps from the opponent. But now that you mention it, did we HAVE a running game last week? :roflol:

BTW, it's early and I haven't had my 1st caffeine dose yet so hopefully this post is a bit calmer. Actually one of my favorite pastimes has always been to throw out some fresh meat to the CoachT sharks and see if it drives them into a frenzy. :roflol:

BigTuna

I wish I had the energy to get in a frenzy.. I'm pulling 4 12hr. shifts, 6am/6pm, this week and that 4:45 alarm is kicking my tail.. Its perfectly alright to discuss weaknesses here. We throw our dirty laundry out for everyone to see so feel free to call-em like you see um.... Ah heck... I better get back to work .... the boss is coming.................... :roflol:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Big Tuna, No we did not it was something like 22 rushes for 26 yards, I can assure you that WB already knows that they have seen the tape and stats real easy to figure out, I would think letting something out would be like the animal sports station talking about the trick play formation that UT has planned to get the ball on the edge.Anyways Karns will win this one cause WB cannot cover the pass. If they don't win it will be because of the refs just like last week.