7AAA Predictions

boroballer

Well OP I must say, Wright's scheduling looks to be better than Burk's. I can't wait to travel to Woodbury and watch Riverdale play in the Cannon Co. Classic. WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWW :hungry:

Eh well Coach Wright has a semi-legit excuse I suppose, I think as we get deeper into Coach Wright's tenure, Oakland will play a schedule in accordance to its talent level, some years will be very challenging and some years, maybe a little pedestrian. That said, Cannon Co. is Burks' roots, so not really suprised.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well OP I must say, Wright's scheduling looks to be better than Burk's. I can't wait to travel to Woodbury and watch Riverdale play in the Cannon Co. Classic. WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWW :hungry:

Eh well Coach Wright has a semi-legit excuse I suppose, I think as we get deeper into Coach Wright's tenure, Oakland will play a schedule in accordance to its talent level, some years will be very challenging and some years, maybe a little pedestrian. That said, Cannon Co. is Burks' roots, so not really suprised.

Yeah I figured that was his reasoning behind scheduling this level of tournament. He needed to go back to the place where his championship run began, the W.E.L. ... Woodbury Elementary League. lol. However, at some point you want to try to get your team better. Playing Cannon Co. and Warren Co. isn't going to get you any better.

Aren't they playing Warren County (Oaklands first Opponent) and Lebanon in the tournament? So why does it matter where you go play?

Next question should be... why is anyone scheduling Warren Co. or Lebanon. Both are absolutely terrible!!!! why not just play Randy King and Providence Middle?????

I do not really have a problem with it at the beginning of the season as teams are trying to get their legs under them. I do think as the year goes on, especially the last few non-league games, you need to step up your level of competition. I loved it when Oakland would play Hunters Lane as their season finale, because their style of play and skill would do well to prepare them for the postseason. Out of all the criticism Siegel gets, they deserve major kudos for ducking NO ONE.

Aren't they playing Warren County (Oaklands first Opponent) and Lebanon in the tournament? So why does it matter where you go play?

Next question should be... why is anyone scheduling Warren Co. or Lebanon. Both are absolutely terrible!!!! why not just play Randy King and Providence Middle?????

I do not really have a problem with it at the beginning of the season as teams are trying to get their legs under them. I do think as the year goes on, especially the last few non-league games, you need to step up your level of competition. I loved it when Oakland would play Hunters Lane as their season finale, because their style of play and skill would do well to prepare them for the postseason. Out of all the criticism Siegel gets, they deserve major kudos for ducking NO ONE.

Thanks for the kudos OP. I still havent heard how Siegel or any other of the teams in the district played in any playdays or scrimmages this weekend. I did see where Riverdale kicks off their season a week from tonight against Columbia. I'm very interested to see both of those teams play this year.

Thanks for the kudos OP. I still havent heard how Siegel or any other of the teams in the district played in any playdays or scrimmages this weekend. I did see where Riverdale kicks off their season a week from tonight against Columbia. I'm very interested to see both of those teams play this year.

I think Columbia is going to have a hard time getting out of the region until they learn how to play in the halfcourt. If you make smart decisions/ limit turnovers, they are very vulnerable.

Who did Columbia lose from last year's team? Do you think Shelbyville will be the best in that district?

Ill be honest, I have been in football mode for the most part. This week is probably the first time I have given any real thought to the upcoming basketball season. Shelbyville is going to be pretty tough to beat with Andrews still there. They will also have a pretty solid supporting cast and you can never count out a KT-Coached team. If memory serves me right, I think Columbia lost a few, but returns enough to make a run.

Scheduling early on can be tricky and is not all that easy. Look at the top Division 1 programs. There are no good match ups for a few weeks. I think it is imprtant to get a feel of where you at especially when it comes to the district schedule here in Murfreesboro. I will give credit to Siegel for their scheduling, but they also have one of the top players in the state that they need to show can perform at the next level.

I think that you have to also consider football is still going on. This can play a major factor in many problems.

I also realize that you have a major beef with Riverdale for some reason. I do not see you making any comments about Blackmans, Smyrna or Lavergnes schedule. How do they match up to every one elses in the district?

Scheduling early on can be tricky and is not all that easy. Look at the top Division 1 programs. There are no good match ups for a few weeks. I think it is imprtant to get a feel of where you at especially when it comes to the district schedule here in Murfreesboro. I will give credit to Siegel for their scheduling, but they also have one of the top players in the state that they need to show can perform at the next level.

I think that you have to also consider football is still going on. This can play a major factor in many problems.

I also realize that you have a major beef with Riverdale for some reason. I do not see you making any comments about Blackmans, Smyrna or Lavergnes schedule. How do they match up to every one elses in the district?

Because every year almost, Riverdale has the talent/potential to make a deep run, but for some reason or another, falters.