7AAA Predictions

boroballer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't tell me it is because of coaching that the two "stars" received scholarships. That my friend is a joke. I would also like to point out that the great Randy King played a soft schedule, yet had no problem beating the team that spanked siegel.

I think he is just merely proud of the fact that these 2 guys signed college scholarships, as he should be.

Why wouldnt it be coaching and working hard, why these guys received scholarships??? They have developed and gotten much better over the years while at Siegel!!!! It just bothers you that over the last few years Siegel has produced many more scholorship basketball players than any school in the district...including Blackman!!

Congrats to LeVon and Kerry and to Coach D and the rest of the Siegel basketball team......good luck this season!! :popcorneater:

It just bothers you that over the last few years Siegel has produced many more scholorship basketball players than any school in the district...including Blackman!!

Why the Blackman reference? Choppin is a Riverdale fan. Pay attention.

No one can argue the college talent that has come through Siegel. Since they've opened, they may even have more scholarship players then all the other district schools combined.

Congrats to both Hammonds and Tate. Was a ball-boy at MT when Hammonds Sr was there. Always seemed larger than life to me (and probably to a lot of his opponents as well) and super nice. Good luck to both.

Please don't tell me it is because of coaching that the two "stars" received scholarships. That my friend is a joke. I would also like to point out that the great Randy King played a soft schedule, yet had no problem beating the team that spanked siegel.

Since when does making a free throw with 2 seconds left in a game equate to a spanking? lol

I'm not saying that coaching alone or just the fact that they are at Siegel is what got them scholarships. Both LeVon and Kerry work hard on their game and more importantly work hard in the classroom. Kerry has around 3.8 and LeVon around a 3.2. The scholarships they received are well deserved.

And as far as the soft schedule and Randy King beating Shelbyville. Kudos to the Patriots and Coach King on the win. But do you think Shelbyville may have been a little drained after having to play their buts off the night before to get past Siegel? Not saying that is why Oakland won, Just saying it was absolutly a factor.

Just curious to know how many former Patriots have played college ball in the last 6 years. Obviously Chaisson Allen (who by the way lives a solid golfball hit away from Siegel) but are there any others? And what about all the other schools in the county? I would venture to say there are more from Siegel than all the other schools in the county combined. Managers included.

No one can argue the college talent that has come through Siegel. Since they've opened, they may even have more scholarship players then all the other district schools combined.

First, for the sake of comparing apples to apples, I'm not including managers or other sports. While it is very admirable that Siegel has had 2 managers receive scholarships, I have no way of trying to determine other schools who have had managers receive scholarships. Additionally, lets not include scholarships in other sports. I know Oakland has had at least two (Drew Fann - Vandy baseball, Shane Blissard - MT football) in the last six years, and I'm assuming Riverdale has had a few kids get football scholarships.

Second, I am retracting my earlier statement. With the above criteria, I believe Siegel has had 9 (includes Hammonds and Tate) scholarship players. The following list is far from exhaustive, but the best I could do with limited resources and time.

Oakland-at least 5 (Allen-NE, J-Wade-Columbia St, Epps-Milligan College, Joines-Hanover College, Adareus Dixon-Roane State)

Riverdale - at least 3 (Kevin Smith-Richmond, Michael Young-Lambuth, Labrian Lyons-Lipscomb)

Blackman - at least 1 (Ben Sneed-Columbia St)

White County - at least 2 (Aaron Puckett-Sewanee, Stewart Mitchell-Vol State)

Warren County - at least 1 (Chris Weitzel-Freed Hardeman)

Lebanon - at least 2 (Andrew Donald-Auburn-Montgomery, Jesse Allen-Vol State)

Just curious to know how many former Patriots have played college ball in the last 6 years. Obviously Chaisson Allen (who by the way lives a solid golfball hit away from Siegel) but are there any others? And what about all the other schools in the county? I would venture to say there are more from Siegel than all the other schools in the county combined. Managers included.

Boro, I think even if you include managers, that the remaining county teams are still ahead, albeit not by much. However, I do not know for a fact that all of these kids actually received scholarships, I just know they signed with and/or played for college teams. I recognize that some are jr colleges and some of these guys may of never even shown up on campus. I'm not trying to argue one way or the other, I was just curious to see what the numbers were.

Siegel has 9 players (not including Montori) plus 2 managers for a total of 11 scholarships.

Oakland-at least 5 (Allen-NE, J-Wade-Columbia St, Epps-Milligan College, Joines-Hanover College, Adareus Dixon-Roane State)

Riverdale - at least 3 (Kevin Smith-Richmond, Michael Young-Lambuth, Labrian Lyons-Lipscomb)

Blackman - at least 1 (Ben Sneed-Columbia St)

LaVergne - at least 3 (Smigielski-High Pt/Trevecca/Lambuth, Theryn Hudson-MTSU, Marcus Jefferson-Chattanooga St.)

Smyrna - at least 2 (Stripling-Vol State, Davis Warner-Milligan)

Thanks for the good info. As you stated however, I would like to see how many of them actually stepped foot on campus and played. I also wonder if they received full scholarships or were just walk-ons?

Not to knock any school or any players accomplishments because I think at the end of the day what really matters is helping these kids better themselves and get an education. But obviously Siegel's coaching staff is doing something right. Granted all of these players have been talented, I doubt that as 9th graders they were ready to play at the next level. Someone obviously coached/developed them and made sure their schooling was above average as well as their behavior. People can hate Siegel all they want, but obviously they are doing something right!! :shock:

Thanks for the good info. As you stated however, I would like to see how many of them actually stepped foot on campus and played. I also wonder if they received full scholarships or were just walk-ons?

Not to knock any school or any players accomplishments because I think at the end of the day what really matters is helping these kids better themselves and get an education. But obviously Siegel's coaching staff is doing something right. Granted all of these players have been talented, I doubt that as 9th graders they were ready to play at the next level. Someone obviously coached/developed them and made sure their schooling was above average as well as their behavior. People can hate Siegel all they want, but obviously they are doing something right!! :shock:

I'm o.k. with this post. boro, you are proud of your stars and I don't blame you. Siegel has facilitated the growth of these young men to a certain degree. On the other hand, let's not pretend that Siegel has been some bastion of discipline either. In all honesty regardless of who the coaching staff would have been, most of these guys would have received scholarships. The majority of the credit should go to these kids and their parents for working hard and (for the most part) making good choices in the classroom and in life that put them in a position to receive a free education.

I agree. However, not all kids have the best homelife and support line outside of their coaches/teachers. Its like that all over the country. Often times a coach or a teacher acts as a parent to students and is actually the one who makes sure their grades and ACT scores are where they are supposed to be. :thumb: to ALL of the coaches who treat their players as if they were their own child and helps them realize the bigger picture besides just playing a game.