Mcminn Central and Cleveland

superman1030

Blitzinbuc, my dd form 2 af speaks for its self. Win loose or draw when one of us (you i hope) is buying a hot dog and a coke, i will show it to you. As for the vet. thing i respect anybody that served, as for your other question in our previous post (Desert Storm) but in my book , doesn't even begin to compare to any previous war or "conflict". AS for creditability did you enlist or get drafted?lol just curious

How Bout them Charger! love their attitude

If you want to get down to brass tacks i played vs Mcminn in 86 i graduated in 87 . I should have spent more time getting the dates right , but the older i get, the harder it is to remember.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was plain and simple. Central won because of Cleveland's mistakes. If you take the same Cleveland team and hand a big helping of discipline and heart Central wouldn't have stood a chance. Central's D was pretty good especially Stiles but there offense was extremely sloppy. This is nothing the good ole Polk boys can't handle. And for anyone ready to jump on the wagon and say that Polk hasn't beaten anybody, well Bradley won 21 zip last night so I would say Polk beat a much better team than Central did. On a side note has anyone else been to a game where the lights went out in the middle of the game? What was that crap?

TIME TO GET OUT MY RED TINTED GLASSES WATCH OUT KOOL AID DRINKERS!!!!!

This game was plain and simple. Central won because of Cleveland's mistakes. If you take the same Cleveland team and hand a big helping of discipline and heart Central wouldn't have stood a chance. Central's D was pretty good especially Stiles but there offense was extremely sloppy. This is nothing the good ole Polk boys can't handle. And for anyone ready to jump on the wagon and say that Polk hasn't beaten anybody, well Bradley won 21 zip last night so I would say Polk beat a much better team than Central did. On a side note has anyone else been to a game where the lights went out in the middle of the game? What was that crap?

TIME TO GET OUT MY RED TINTED GLASSES WATCH OUT KOOL AID DRINKERS!!!!!

don't you think central had something to do with those mistakes cleveland made? you bring you red tinted glasses to the game friday so you can clearly see how good centrals defense is! hahaha. bradley beat up on a HORRIBLE coffee county team... so just keep telling yourself bradley is a world beater!

Hmmmm, mistakes by Cleveland, 18 penalties, was that caused by Central? I guess Central's 10 penalties were caused by Cleveland,,,,,28 total penalties, 6 times the ball was fumbled (5 by Central), 5 total turnovers (4 by Central), both teams had trouble lining up and getting the correct personel on the field,,,,

Any fan that watched this game,

from either side, and came away feeling anything positive is really blinded by "_________" blue tinted lenses,, (fill in the blank with your shade of blue)

If CHS and Central play the same way this coming Friday,,both will get beat...

28 penalties, Clevelands kicking game was pathetic, Central couldn't hold onto the ball, the scoreboard horn sounded in the middle of plays, the lights went out, they ran out of programs, the popcorn was soggy, this whole thing sort of became a joke,, :flower: ,,,,,but Central didn't ask me to pay to park,,,, :D

Charlie Murphy you hit the nail on the head. How could anyone leave that game and think either team done a great job on offense or defense?

Let's see Cleveland had 18 penalties for 110yds and some of you think Central's defense was dominating! :flower: Cleveland had to use their timeouts just to get players in the correct position, the quarterback and receivers were definitely not on the same page some throws were not even in the vicinity of a receiver and others that was on target was dropped, the QB was 8-27 and the game plan never changed.

blitzinbuc, As for who Polk has played this year? I can tell you they played a lot better team than Central played Friday. In the Bradley/Polk game there were 5 penalties the entire game...Cleveland had 7 in the first quarter. Anyone with common sense can see who played the better team just by looking at the stats but I saw both teams play, you have only seen Bradley in a scrimmage which they won IIRC...maybe you need to lay off the Kool Aid! BTW as for the bet I will not take money from an old blind guy!

Charlie Murphy you hit the nail on the head. How could anyone leave that game and think either team done a great job on offense or defense?

Let's see Cleveland had 18 penalties for 110yds and some of you think Central's defense was dominating! :D Cleveland had to use their timeouts just to get players in the correct position, the quarterback and receivers were definitely not on the same page some throws were not even in the vicinity of a receiver and others that was on target was dropped, the QB was 8-27 and the game plan never changed.

blitzinbuc, As for who Polk has played this year? I can tell you they played a lot better team than Central played Friday. In the Bradley/Polk game there were 5 penalties the entire game...Cleveland had 7 in the first quarter. Anyone with common sense can see who played the better team just by looking at the stats but I saw both teams play, you have only seen Bradley in a scrimmage which they won IIRC...maybe you need to lay off the Kool Aid! BTW as for the bet I will not take money from an old blind guy!

No problem on you not wanting to back up your talk with some walk. I've come to expect that from most Polk County fans.

Live on stats and penalties of other teams' games all you want if that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling and some false assurance. Keep believing that Polk is a dominating team because they beat Bradley, or that Bradley is a juggernaut and will break .500 this year. You'll awaken from your dreamworld Friday night after Central leaves Polk with yet ANOTHER win........and you'll have ANOTHER year to tell us how great Polk is and that by George they'll beat Central in 2010!!! :flower:

I live very close to WVHS, but I don't go to many of their games because I support other teams. But I can answer your question. Walker Valley is quite possibly the worst team in Bradley County of the three high schools. And when you consider that the best team in the county is well below average, I think you get an idea.

Live on stats and penalties of other teams' games all you want if that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling and some false assurance. Keep believing that Polk is a dominating team because they beat Bradley, or that Bradley is a juggernaut and will break .500 this year. You'll awaken from your dreamworld Friday night after Central leaves Polk with yet ANOTHER win........and you'll have ANOTHER year to tell us how great Polk is and that by George they'll beat Central in 2010!!!

Saw this on another thread you just can't make up your mind who the worst team is in Bradley Co..

I never said Polk was dominating, I think those words came from your Kool Aid drinking buddy's describing Central's defense. Going to the playoffs for eight straight years gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Since you don't really have a team I guess the only warm fuzzy feeling you get is when soil your Depends! :popcorneater:

I live very close to WVHS, but I don't go to many of their games because I support other teams. But I can answer your question. Walker Valley is quite possibly the worst team in Bradley County of the three high schools. And when you consider that the best team in the county is well below average, I think you get an idea.

Live on stats and penalties of other teams' games all you want if that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling and some false assurance. Keep believing that Polk is a dominating team because they beat Bradley, or that Bradley is a juggernaut and will break .500 this year. You'll awaken from your dreamworld Friday night after Central leaves Polk with yet ANOTHER win........and you'll have ANOTHER year to tell us how great Polk is and that by George they'll beat Central in 2010!!!

Saw this on another thread you just can't make up your mind who the worst team is in Bradley Co..

I never said Polk was dominating, I think those words came from your Kool Aid drinking buddy's describing Central's defense. Going to the playoffs for eight straight years gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Since you don't really have a team I guess the only warm fuzzy feeling you get is when soil your Depends! :popcorneater:

I appreciate you following me around, garnering wisdom from my postings. However you need to learn to comprehend what you read. I never stated I couldn't make my mind up who was the worst team in Bradley County.......I just didn't state who it was. A little hint was in there about what team was "quite possibly the worst in the Bradley County". Go back and read it a couple dozen more times and see if you figure it out (pssst: it's italicized) :roflolk:

Thanks for the concern, but I'll get my warm fuzzy feeling when Central beats Polk AGAIN. You might want to load up on the Depends though, since you'll be filling your pants after yet ANOTHER defeat to the Chargers. And I say that with Christian love! :|

I will tell you why Cleveland football is down this year. Start first with coaching. Some coaches today are way too eagar to be "ahead of the curve" and run the new spread option offense. The problem here is that if you don't have the athletes to do it, it will not work. Second, look at the players. With a new high school, Cleveland lost a lot of athletes to Walker Valley. If you think I'm wrong, check the head to head scores CHS vs. WVHS in almost every sport. I won't spell it out for you, but they have come out on top or played CHS very close in all sports. Combine one and two and you get "three". The current situation CHS football is in right now. Question is this. "Is thier coach willing to change things before its too late?" Maybe taking a look at whay you have as opposed to what you want to do overall is better than forcing the spread option on an obvious Wing T or Power team.

I will tell you why Cleveland football is down this year. Start first with coaching. Some coaches today are way too eagar to be "ahead of the curve" and run the new spread option offense. The problem here is that if you don't have the athletes to do it, it will not work. Second, look at the players. With a new high school, Cleveland lost a lot of athletes to Walker Valley. If you think I'm wrong, check the head to head scores CHS vs. WVHS in almost every sport. I won't spell it out for you, but they have come out on top or played CHS very close in all sports. Combine one and two and you get "three". The current situation CHS football is in right now. Question is this. "Is thier coach willing to change things before its too late?" Maybe taking a look at whay you have as opposed to what you want to do overall is better than forcing the spread option on an obvious Wing T or Power team.

Very good post mercenarycoach. You hit the nail squarely on the head when you stated that you have to have the athletes to run certain offenses. And even if you have the athletes, the spread option is pretty complex for a high school to run if they're going to utilize all facets of the offense to be effective.

I thought Walker Valley had more of an impact on Bradley than Cleveland, though? Granted, I haven't kept up with it that much in football, as I have with basketball. One thing for sure, all football teams in Bradley County are way down this year.

Let's see Cleveland had 18 penalties for 110yds and some of you think Central's defense was dominating! :thumb: Cleveland had to use their timeouts just to get players in the correct position, the quarterback and receivers were definitely not on the same page some throws were not even in the vicinity of a receiver and others that was on target was dropped, the QB was 8-27 and the game plan never changed.

No problem on you not wanting to back up your talk with some walk. I've come to expect that from most Polk County fans.

Live on stats and penalties of other teams' games all you want if that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling and some false assurance. Keep believing that Polk is a dominating team because they beat Bradley, or that Bradley is a juggernaut and will break .500 this year. You'll awaken from your dreamworld Friday night after Central leaves Polk with yet ANOTHER win........and you'll have ANOTHER year to tell us how great Polk is and that by George they'll beat Central in 2010!!! :rolleyes:

Wow Blitzinbuc keep making yourself look stupider. Central has only beat Polk the past two years and they were BOTH close games. Mind it last years could of been worse. However, Polk before that won 7 years in a row so I do believe we have one 7 out of 9 seasons sense Coach D has been there. Well my friend its about to be 8 out of 10 and guess what ill bet you 100 that Bradley beats Cleveland and i will take that bet any day. Central played a terrible team Friday hints there W.

Let's see Cleveland had 18 penalties for 110yds and some of you think Central's defense was dominating! :bored: Cleveland had to use their timeouts just to get players in the correct position, the quarterback and receivers were definitely not on the same page some throws were not even in the vicinity of a receiver and others that was on target was dropped, the QB was 8-27 and the game plan never changed.

Live on stats and penalties of other teams' games all you want if that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling and some false assurance. Keep believing that Polk is a dominating team because they beat Bradley, or that Bradley is a juggernaut and will break .500 this year. You'll awaken from your dreamworld Friday night after Central leaves Polk with yet ANOTHER win........and you'll have ANOTHER year to tell us how great Polk is and that by George they'll beat Central in 2010!!! :roflol:

Wow Blitzinbuc keep making yourself look stupider. Central has only beat Polk the past two years and they were BOTH close games. Mind it last years could of been worse. However, Polk before that won 7 years in a row so I do believe we have one 7 out of 9 seasons sense Coach D has been there. Well my friend its about to be 8 out of 10 and guess what ill bet you 100 that Bradley beats Cleveland and i will take that bet any day. Central played a terrible team Friday hints there W.

sgteaglefort....did you just tell blitzinbuc that he is making himself look stupider? that alone shows your intelligence! you call a 16-0 beatdown last year a close game? there you go showing everyone how smart you are again! look..polk has a good football team and so does central...lets stop talking about who beat the best team from bradley co and start talking about the game on friday!