Karns @ Clinton

coonhunter292

It seems to me that if the only infraction the Clinton player has allegedly been involved in has to do with an address change, then by T$$AA standards, he should fair well. A certain 19 year old, private school juvenile deliquent, in "state" custody, who aided an accomplice in the kidnapping and rape of his own cousin, who walked on at UT this past season (with scholarship in hand) was allowed to play football, then this young man should have no problems at all. B)

...then again, who knows? An address change is a terrible thing!

yeah you have a good point there

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how out of hand this thread has gotten. i used to just get on here and read the updates and info that people would write but I couldn't help but join after reading some of this. I really wish people would just drop the thing about the Sharp kid. He is an 17 or 18 year old KID for heavens sake. I mean I totally agree about some of the stuff said about Clinton's administration (especially Davis) but to try to bring down Clinton and the kids that are there now is just ridiculous. Those kids that are there now have worked there butt off for this year and to be talked about the way they are. I have no problem with it and it is well deserved. If you have been around Clinton for awhile you could have probably seen this year coming because the group of seniors have been good since they were in Middle school. I think they would improve a lot from different coaching if you ask me. I don't understand a lot of stuff that the coaches do and there reasoning for it. I agree with a lot that is said but I do think that some of these so called "rumors" that are "facts" to some would just have some proof to back it up. If you know that is fact I want to see proof. If you want to post something that is what you should be posting rather than just saying something to get a rise out of someone. If that is all you intend to do that is fine, just sad. Just hate to see people hide behind a screen name and feel like they can say anything they want without any actual proof.

Heres hoping that this thread can get back to what it was meant to be. I seriously hope that Clinton does not try to set any records Friday night because that would mean leaving the starters in for a while and the last thing we can't have is a big injury considering our weakness is our depth. I will say Clinton does score in the forties if they can keep there penalties to a minimum. Clinton-42 Karns-21

Ethel,

I'm not sure that being a group of loud, obnoxious, trash talkers becomes a positive just because you "have a team to back it up". In fact I think most people believe that real winners are gracious in both victory and defeat. If you wanted an example, Peyton Manning would be the 1st one I'd offer. Plus the good book says that the Man gives grace to the humble but resists the proud. In street talk I believe this is often expressed as "what goes around comes around". I think Karns fans & players were already prepared to deal with a different (hostile) environment but I'll be sure to bring my pepper spray just in case. I do hope you guys don't have too many tire slashers or window breakers among your fan base. I'm still hoping you represent a minority segment of the Clinton fans but we'll just have to see. And by the way, if we are fortunate enough to beat your Dragon butt we'll be nice about it. :shock:

And I do agree with the last poster about how the focus of this thread has turned from the game to local sports politics.

I can't believe how out of hand this thread has gotten. i used to just get on here and read the updates and info that people would write but I couldn't help but join after reading some of this. I really wish people would just drop the thing about the Sharp kid. He is an 17 or 18 year old KID for heavens sake. I mean I totally agree about some of the stuff said about Clinton's administration (especially Davis) but to try to bring down Clinton and the kids that are there now is just ridiculous. Those kids that are there now have worked there butt off for this year and to be talked about the way they are. I have no problem with it and it is well deserved. If you have been around Clinton for awhile you could have probably seen this year coming because the group of seniors have been good since they were in Middle school. I think they would improve a lot from different coaching if you ask me. I don't understand a lot of stuff that the coaches do and there reasoning for it. I agree with a lot that is said but I do think that some of these so called "rumors" that are "facts" to some would just have some proof to back it up. If you know that is fact I want to see proof. If you want to post something that is what you should be posting rather than just saying something to get a rise out of someone. If that is all you intend to do that is fine, just sad. Just hate to see people hide behind a screen name and feel like they can say anything they want without any actual proof.

Heres hoping that this thread can get back to what it was meant to be. I seriously hope that Clinton does not try to set any records Friday night because that would mean leaving the starters in for a while and the last thing we can have is a big injury considering our weakness is our depth. I will say Clinton does score in the forties if they can keep there penalties to a minimum. Clinton-42 Karns-21

Hiding behind a screen name? How do you know I'm not old man Riddlers' boy from up on Foley Hill? :shock:

Heres hoping that this thread can get back to what it was meant to be. I seriously hope that Clinton does not try to set any records Friday night because that would mean leaving the starters in for a while and the last thing we can have is a big injury considering our weakness is our depth. I will say Clinton does score in the forties if they can keep there penalties to a minimum. Clinton-42 Karns-21

Hiding behind a screen name? How do you know I'm not old man Riddlers' boy from up on Foley Hill? :lol:

You are cracking me up, Riddler... :shock:

..Again.nobody is slamming the players at Clinton...where do you get this?? In fact I'd love to see the boys win it all...please read the posts and comprehend what you are reading, before you assume...that goes for the Sharpe kid, too...who said anything bad about Ryan? Great kid and athlete, he just got used by the system...he's a victim here...the Adults that know better should be punished...Like I said before TSSAA will make the decisions...I don't want the kids to suffer from Davis either, but Davis has to be punished if he did wrong...And I hope the fans keep it Classy...win with class and lose with class..

If the young man that left does go to a 1A school or wherever he will have a good chance to play college ball if he wants...Lots of 1A players are at good colleges playing and getting a good education as we speak...the 2 seniors at Clinton should be doing the same right now!! There is no excuse that they are not!!!

Riddle me this 07......Did the one that left this week not count??

Guess he count but wont be miss he might start in 1A ball

Now who's trashing players?

Not trashing him he left for his own reasons hope he do great good luck to him he is a good kid he should do well there but the show must go on.

Ethel,

I'm not sure that being a group of loud, obnoxious, trash talkers becomes a positive just because you "have a team to back it up". In fact I think most people believe that real winners are gracious in both victory and defeat. If you wanted an example, Peyton Manning would be the 1st one I'd offer. Plus the good book says that the Man gives grace to the humble but resists the proud. In street talk I believe this is often expressed as "what goes around comes around". I think Karns fans & players were already prepared to deal with a different (hostile) environment but I'll be sure to bring my pepper spray just in case. I do hope you guys don't have too many tire slashers or window breakers among your fan base. I'm still hoping you represent a minority segment of the Clinton fans but we'll just have to see. And by the way, if we are fortunate enough to beat your Dragon butt we'll be nice about it. :thumb:

And I do agree with the last poster about how the focus of this thread has turned from the game to local sports politics.

i said they were loud and a little obnoxious but i never mentioned vandalism or a need for pepper spray, yeah theyre a little rowdy but in no way as bad as u just made it seem. we yell and talk a little smack but its all in a sporting manner and it helps to give our team a genuine home field advantage.

but back to the game, clinton wins in a blowout 47-14, and dont worry we'll be nice about it too :thumb:

Let a Gov Fan weigh in.... If Clinton doesn't play the pass well they may be in for a long evening.. The QB from Karns played well against us.. The spread can be used as a ball control offense and if Clinton doesn't have the ball its pretty hard to score alot of points..... I don't know how Karns will respond to the Heartbreaker from last week but Clinton better not take them lightly. They moved the ball well and never quit....

I'm pulling for the underdog.....

tpoole12