Rhea County at Walker Valley

EaglePride1

CHRIS JOHNSON job well done. JT you need to start acting like you want to play or stay on the sideline.Honestly you walk around like you are all that. Take away a few catch's last week and you have not done alot. And you are very capable of doing so ( time to step up ). Charlie I hope is ok did well last night. Defensive backs you need to start bringing it no matter who is playing the position. Secondary you are playing ok but you need to get better.

This post is for you players and you alone. I know almost all of you and there is no doubt the players that are playing can get the job done. Never give in and never give up

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly.... thats all I read of your post. You may have taken up for him later but that kid played his hind end off tonight. The truth is that hes playing with a tailback who lost his moves...receivers who cant get open/catch...and a line that just cant block.....without him were 0-10 this year. Congratulations to Chris Johnson...he's becoming one of my new favorite players...Definitely not the biggest or fastest but gives it all hes got every time he touches the football.

and nobody cares about your opinion bradley....have fun being relevant for a season or two....dont you have some sort of basketball thread to be talking on?

That's ok with me if you don't want to read the rest of my post in fact don't, please don't read my post. I never said he didn't play hard, what I did say is he didn't play that good of a game last night. He threw 4 ints and a lot of over thrown balls. Any QB that throws 4 picks is not having a good game. Now I know Cam is not going to have a good game every now and then, and last night was one of them. Cam needs to learn from his mistakes and move on. Cam and every other player needs come out Monday and get ready to play Bearden. I thought the O-line blocked Walker Valley's really good D-line pretty well last night.

To the players that read my posts see you Monday and keep your heads up. Come out Monday and get ready for Bearden.

Also good post rheacountyeaglefan.

CHRIS JOHNSON job well done. JT you need to start acting like you want to play or stay on the sideline.Honestly you walk around like you are all that. Take away a few catch's last week and you have not done alot. And you are very capable of doing so ( time to step up ). Charlie I hope is ok did well last night. Defensive backs you need to start bringing it no matter who is playing the position. Secondary you are playing ok but you need to get better.

This post is for you players and you alone. I know almost all of you and there is no doubt the players that are playing can get the job done. Never give in and never give up

Great post Eagle 4

All the players need to step up their play, we still have seven games, plus playoffs. The first drive for Rhea County was the best series all year for the eagles. Our special teams need to learn to break down, bust the wedge and also get down the field. On defensive, it looks like basic containment of the ends and wrapping the arms on tackles, and we need to gang tackle. May be our linebackers and secondary play too far off the line, move up. On offense the line is doing better on pass protection, we need to try an establish a running attack. There were several dropped balls and over thrown passes. Also, lets pass north and south, not just east and west. Charlie is having a great season punting and I hope he is ok. Chris had a great game. We now know Cam can run with the ball. JT needs the opportunity to get the ball more, he has a great set of hands, and has produced some big plays and scores when he touches the ball. We hope to see Cory and Luke soon.

That's ok with me if you don't want to read the rest of my post in fact don't, please don't read my post. I never said he didn't play hard, what I did say is he didn't play that good of a game last night. He threw 4 ints and a lot of over thrown balls. Any QB that throws 4 picks is not having a good game. Now I know Cam is not going to have a good game every now and then, and last night was one of them. Cam needs to learn from his mistakes and move on. Cam and every other player needs come out Monday and get ready to play Bearden. I thought the O-line blocked Walker Valley's really good D-line pretty well last night.

To the players that read my posts see you Monday and keep your heads up. Come out Monday and get ready for Bearden.

Also good post rheacountyeaglefan.

I'm not sure what game some of you guys were watching Friday night. If somebody wants to come on here and imply that the QB play lost the game, you have lost all touch with reality. Sure, a couple of those 50+ passes were ill-advised. But when you throw it up 50+ times with I'm guessing at least 10+ drops, good things usually don't happen. One of those picks was on a tipped ball that should have been caught and another was a desparation throwback heave across the field to end the game. By my count, that leaves two at-fault picks.

And another thing, its better to overthrow on deep balls than to underthrow. If you don't understand this concept, you've got less than a middle-school player's understanding of how to play QB. Overthrown balls didn't lose the game either.

Its obvious that QB played his guts out and gave them every chance to win. Again, for those of you with selective reading, I'm not saying QB play was perfect, but some of you folks need to seriously get a clue about football and lay off this guy. There were a lot of people who could have changed the outcome of that game, just like wareagle said.

I'm not sure what game some of you guys were watching Friday night. If somebody wants to come on here and imply that the QB play lost the game, you have lost all touch with reality. Sure, a couple of those 50+ passes were ill-advised. But when you throw it up 50+ times with I'm guessing at least 10+ drops, good things usually don't happen. One of those picks was on a tipped ball that should have been caught and another was a desparation throwback heave across the field to end the game. By my count, that leaves two at-fault picks.

And another thing, its better to overthrow on deep balls than to underthrow. If you don't understand this concept, you've got less than a middle-school player's understanding of how to play QB. Overthrown balls didn't lose the game either.

Its obvious that QB played his guts out and gave them every chance to win. Again, for those of you with selective reading, I'm not saying QB play was perfect, but some of you folks need to seriously get a clue about football and lay off this guy. There were a lot of people who could have changed the outcome of that game, just like wareagle said.

We lost as a team.

Thanks, Rusty, for the refresher course on playing quarterback in a football game. I think I can speak on behalf of all the rest of us idiots who don't comprehend the game when I say that we sure appreciate you 'splaining it to us this way. Can you 'splain anymore positions as thoroughly so we might be able to know what's going on when we go to the Bearden game? It's been a real pisser going to all these football games for so many years and not knowing anything about the game.

And since we're on the subject of football and you know so much about it, what are those big tall things at each end of the field? Some of the players try to kick the football at them after they make a...um...what's that called when we score? Oh, yea, a touchdown, they try to kick the ball at those tall things after a touchdown. What are those things called again?

RheaCo - good post - simple words - we lost as a team. I hope Fitz works 'em hard on Monday (no holiday for the E-ville boys) and gets them ready for Bearden.

Thanks, Rusty, for the refresher course on playing quarterback in a football game. I think I can speak on behalf of all the rest of us idiots who don't comprehend the game when I say that we sure appreciate you 'splaining it to us this way.

Happy to help.

Can you 'splain anymore positions as thoroughly so we might be able to know what's going on when we go to the Bearden game? It's been a real pisser going to all these football games for so many years and not knowing anything about the game.

Anytime. I'm glad to help any of the moms out there. (and Rhea Co.)

And since we're on the subject of football and you know so much about it, what are those big tall things at each end of the field? Some of the players try to kick the football at them after they make a...um...what's that called when we score? Oh, yea, a touchdown, they try to kick the ball at those tall things after a touchdown. What are those things called again?

Goalposts. :thumb:

Arriving at the corral late, I knew that WV had players that were guaranteed college scholarships, but I thought we had a chance because they were 0 and 2. The first thing I noticed was the size of their line and I was surprised that they lost to Brainerd last week. Cam made a few mistakes on offense, but he made several good passes that should have been caught. The defensive line was doing their job, but the linebackers were slow reading the blocks. Congratulations to #71 who did a great job considering the two giants that were blocking him. I think the Rhea County boys, with a little tweaking, have a lot wins in their future this season.

This one hurts, I'm still sick to my stomach over this one. We had way too many drops and Cam threw too many picks.....

Honestly.... thats all I read of your post. You may have taken up for him later but that kid played his hind end off tonight. The truth is that hes playing with a tailback who lost his moves...receivers who cant get open/catch...and a line that just cant block.....without him were 0-10 this year. Congratulations to Chris Johnson...he's becoming one of my new favorite players...Definitely not the biggest or fastest but gives it all hes got every time he touches the football.

and nobody cares about your opinion bradley....have fun being relevant for a season or two....dont you have some sort of basketball thread to be talking on?

The words Bradley Central and releveant shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Bradley is 1-1....losing to a school about a 1/4 the size of Bradley, and beating the worst Cleveland team in history in overtime Friday. Once again, Bradley will be 5-5 at best, watching the playoffs again.......and will be running their mouths next August.