Munford vs. Hardin Co.

blacksox8

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another thread with this game already.

First test of the year for the Cougars. Fayette Ware was more like a scrimmage and Covington wasn't much better. But Covington is a rivalry game and the Cougars were able to pull it out in the end. Will Munford be looking ahead to the M & M Bowl vs Millington the following week? If they are, they could get smacked in the mouth by HC.

Now they might get smacked in the mouth anyway by HC but we will see.

I will say HC will pull this one out, just because of HC is playing this one at home. The tigers are young and have a young QB but he is surrounded by some playmakers. #5 Coty Eanes is getting several looks from D-1 schools and he is just a junior, he plays both offense and defense. I really dont know much about Munford besides they have a new coach. Another thing that will play a factor is how will Munford do considering a long drive.

Will agree with you on this one. Don't know how HC will be and specifically who will be the answer for the departed Gillcrest or if they have one. I do know this much. HC will be extremely well coached and will not be one dimensional like the Covington team that Munford just beat. Munford will have to cover the field against HC. As for the talent comparison, I have no idea. I'll say HC in a somewhat tight game. Mistakes and turnovers may be the deciding factor here.

This will be interesting. We have the Cougars the following week and we are struggling. If we don't play well against Bartlett, we could be in for a long, long year. Can stomach alot, but the thought of losing to Munford is well,,,it just ain't pretty. Friday may speak volumes for both teams!

There is another thread with this game already.

First test of the year for the Cougars. Fayette Ware was more like a scrimmage and Covington wasn't much better. But Covington is a rivalry game and the Cougars were able to pull it out in the end. Will Munford be looking ahead to the M & M Bowl vs Millington the following week? If they are, they could get smacked in the mouth by HC.

Now they might get smacked in the mouth anyway by HC but we will see.

MarkH, I don't understand your post. Why would munford be looking ahead to millinton when they have a district game against a good opponant this week. Munford has not competed in the M & M bowl sence it started. And this year Munford has gotten off to a good start with intentions of make the playoffs. The millington game does nothing for munford in the playoff picture. HC is an extremly well coached football team and the courgars have there work cut out for them this week. However, HC's long drive will be munford's 12th man and the cougars will come out on top this week to advance to 3-0 (1-0).

Rivalry game. Munford is 10 minutes from Millington. If the Millington game means nothing to Munford, then why did the former Munford head coach get fired. Because he wanted to cancel the series. It does mean nothing as far the playoffs are concerned. But that's about it. Ask anybody in Munford. This game means more to them then any game on the schedule except Covington.

Excuse me HC is on the road. The drive from HC to Munford is a little over 2 hours, that will play a big part in this game. If Hardin Co. does not let the drive affect them they will win. They have really good coaches and they have some playmakers. This game will be close though. 21-13 Hardin Co.

MarkH, I have to agree with Cougarnation09. The rivalry part of the Millington game makes it important but the number 1 focus of this team is making it to the playoffs this year. They won't be looking past Hardin and if they win or lose it will not have anything to do with the Trojans.

I think it will be a very close game and it will be hard to tell who will win. Look to turnovers/penalties to play a big role in the outcome. Being home is important for the Cougars with their first real test and conference game.

I agree with you to an extent. But when you have kids that have grown up with this game and all they hear about from everybody in the community is about "are you going to beat Millington this year" that's a mighty big distraction.

If Coach Saunders has his team's attention focused on HC, more power to him. But I know from past experience, it's easier said than done. One more thing Coach Saunders will have to worry about. Millington is notorius for being a very physical football team. How will his team respond the following week whether or not he wins the game or not?