Kenwood beats Henry County Again

fastcat

As long as you win who cares about the kids. Just like seeing kenwood take a knee when our player got hurt and our boys couldn't. It's all about winning, not about the kids.

You have a severe problem. Since when does "taking a knee" mean anything? I didn't notice what either team did. Are you saying the HC team didn't care about their own teammate because they didn't take a knee, yet the Kenwood team did, since they did take a knee? If you are saying that, then you are misguided and not very smart. If you think the coaches at HC don't care about the kids then start a drive to have them fired! Why would we want a bunch of sorry guys like them anyway? They won a game 46-6 and all 100 players didn't get to play! They should be banned from ever coaching again! You are a piece of work! You make me glad that I retired!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For your information, i have no son that plays. I am a big red fan. I am just saying that when the score is 46-6 why not let the third string or more play? Does it hurt? I do understand that some players need experience for next year. With this winning team that henry county has there will be plenty of these chances for the second string to get experience and playing time. I just think that some of these less talented players play all their high school career, not to be just hitting dummies in practice, but to just maybe get to play in one or two games before they graduate. I am not bashing the coaches, becuase they are by far the best that's been at henry county for years. And taking a knee is a good thing. It shows respect. It shows that even though we are winning we are still concerned with that kid getting up and walking off the field on their own free will. Prophet, winning is winning, and when it's by that big of margin, try to get most of the players in for some of them this will be there last chance. Just because they have less talent does not mean they have less heart.

For your information, i have no son that plays. I am a big red fan. I am just saying that when the score is 46-6 why not let the third string or more play? Does it hurt? I do understand that some players need experience for next year. With this winning team that henry county has there will be plenty of these chances for the second string to get experience and playing time. I just think that some of these less talented players play all their high school career, not to be just hitting dummies in practice, but to just maybe get to play in one or two games before they graduate. I am not bashing the coaches, becuase they are by far the best that's been at henry county for years. And taking a knee is a good thing. It shows respect. It shows that even though we are winning we are still concerned with that kid getting up and walking off the field on their own free will. Prophet, winning is winning, and when it's by that big of margin, try to get most of the players in for some of them this will be there last chance. Just because they have less talent does not mean they have less heart.

We are 3-0 and we have won something like 30 of our last 35 games and YOU want to dwell on something that YOU think is negative! Are YOU that selfish? Why speak so negatively? If we had lost this game I would expect negative posts but this a bit ridiculous. I for one hope that the coaches nor the players read this mess, but I am sure that they do or someone tells them about it. That is unfortunate.

realgame, that's exactly what I am not selfish. I love winning. I am just asking a question, not being negative, I am just taking up for those ones on the side line. Not complaining just having freedom of speech just like you. Go big red. Just asking. Don't take everything so personal as if I'm talking bad about the players. They have done nothing wrong and I never implied that they did. Once again just taking up for those with less talent. you must have never been one of those that stood on the side line game after game.

realgame, that's exactly what I am not selfish. I love winning. I am just asking a question, not being negative, I am just taking up for those ones on the side line. Not complaining just having freedom of speech just like you. Go big red. Just asking. Don't take everything so personal as if I'm talking bad about the players. They have done nothing wrong and I never implied that they did. Once again just taking up for those with less talent. you must have never been one of those that stood on the side line game after game.

I can understand your question but not sure posters can answer it. You have to go to Coaches if you want an answer and they will tell you but I think a few good reasons are laid out here earlier.

I guess I am old school but don't see a reason to take up for the less talented. For the record, I was one of those in HS that did not ride the bench but after HS was a different story. Don't know why I even got on this subject??

Great Game PATS! Good Luck Kenwood on the rest of your season.

Great game Vols #10.

Everyone have a Safe Labor Day!

Let's not act like the starters played the entire game. 2nd and 3rd teamers played all of the 4th and some of the 3rd. And even though I hate to admit it, Red Warrior is right :thumb: . Coaches shouldn't look at class, depth charts were made for a reason. And honestly, when you have 100 kids on the team, some of them know they will never play and that's ok. For many kids, simply being a part of a team and contributing in any ways that you can is what they want. I'll readily admit that I fell, and probably still fall, into this class.

As for taking a knee as a sign of respect, perhaps it's taken that meaning over the years, but don't you think players origininally took a knee because they were playing iron man football and needed a breather? I've seen teams/individual players that did, or didn't take a knee, and I can't fault them either way.

Finally, desite fastcat's annoyances and the fact they were playing Henry County, I found Kenwood to be a fairly endearing team. Maybe 30 players in 5A, many starters playing both ways, with a fun misdirection offense and a couple of decent atheletes that never quit. I wish them the best for the rest of the season.