ONEIDA VS. WARTBURG

kazam37

An AIR show... that's what fans are going to see Friday night if they go watch this game. Both teams are not afraid to throw it a little bit and both have the talent to do so. All the hype this week has been on Wartburg's D-line as they prepare an attack on the opposing Indian offense. I think you will see at least 2 or 3 deep balls caught in this one from both sides. A big game changing turn over in the 4th will decide this one.

Wartburg-28

Oneida-21

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An AIR show... that's what fans are going to see Friday night if they go watch this game. Both teams are not afraid to throw it a little bit and both have the talent to do so. All the hype this week has been on Wartburg's D-line as they prepare an attack on the opposing Indian offense. I think you will see at least 2 or 3 deep balls caught in this one from both sides. A big game changing turn over in the 4th will decide this one.

Wartburg-28

Oneida-21

I hope you are right about the score, but last time I saw Oneida they were a big time running team has that changed? & as a Wartburg fan I hope you are right about being able to air it out, cause in the first 2 games that passing game has been non existent. Last week the entire offense was MIA. We better get something going.

I hope the tribe doesn't get too restless. I watched the first game on TV. Seemed like the boys made dumb mistakes.

Last week, I listened to the game. Dang, we ended up with 2 sophmore DB's, a Sophmore LB and a Freshman DE. [by the way, I would make Sam drink 5 gallons of gatorade on Thursday]. No small school has that much depth.

I hope this week, Lord willing, I will watch the game and see all the starters play well. So the bad news is Oneida is 0-2. The good news is all the mistakes and cramps and dings are fixable. Look for the Indians to get better every week.

AN insider told me that the Wartburg coach is planning on throwing it this week. Talk in Morgan county is that the bulldogs are going to have to open it up and throw the ball this year to get some wins. Last week they didn't move the ball very well at all, and some some new twists will have to be put in the mix for this offense to get up to par. I hope we get a big win this week. Remember my last post Saturday morning, cause i'm liable to be right on with this one.

Wartburg-28

Oneida-21

Blitz.....when you post, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. On your prediction you posted Sunbright......your team is playing Oneida. I would think the Wartburg Coaches have seen enough film on us to know we are very capable in the Secondary, which shouldn't prevent them from "airing it out", but put it up and it is anybodies ball. I agree Wartburg is going to have to do some things differently to spark their offense. Oneida will probably try some new stuff too.....if only to find things they can execute better than they have to this point. Wright is a Mad Scientist, but most of the stuff he draws up works. We got a ton of yards on the ground last week, and our only drives that failed were once on downs and once by fumble, Dekalb was very good, but our inability to score was caused by inexperience (Freshman QB) and ball security. Wartburg will get a whole different animal other than a Tiger this week........more like a cornered, wounded Injun'!!!..........and you remember what Custer's Famous last words were, "Come on boys, we gottem' cornered!"

:thumb: Kazzy :thumb:

Ok I didn't want to but I have got to say Wartburg fans are either the most optimistic fans in the entire world or suffering from some sort of serious mental problems.

You guys are to be admired or to be made fun of. Every week you get on your threads and predict victory and every week your predictions are dead wrong. 1-42 as someone else posted speaks for itself. How long will it take you to give it up. Your team hasn't scored 28 points in the last two years and now you are going to put up 28 in one game on Oneida. I mentioned earlier that midway would beat you because they have a better staff. I feel the same way in this one.

I heard that Nelson was calling all your offensive plays is that true? Could be what is wrong with your offense.

My prediction Oneida 28 Wartburg 0

I have some questions for the Brothers!

1. How is Hood feeling? Will he be steering the ship again tomorrow?

2. Do the coaches require Sam to carry a football and a large jug of Gatorade to class during the week?

(that's funny....I don't care who you are!)

3. Will our passing game become more effective now that we are in the District?

(I'm not meaning to be critical here.....but our "balance" is out of whack)

4. Hutson gonna rest for a bit or will he have to go through the whole campaign in pain? I hope he

get over his injuries, but some are gonna take time, aren't they?

5. Will "Dirty" get dirty tomorrow night?

6. Will Flair return to his past glory, and come off the top rope!!??!!?? :roflol:

:lol: Kaz

Ok I didn't want to but I have got to say Wartburg fans are either the most optimistic fans in the entire world or suffering from some sort of serious mental problems.

You guys are to be admired or to be made fun of. Every week you get on your threads and predict victory and every week your predictions are dead wrong. 1-42 as someone else posted speaks for itself. How long will it take you to give it up. Your team hasn't scored 28 points in the last two years and now you are going to put up 28 in one game on Oneida. I mentioned earlier that midway would beat you because they have a better staff. I feel the same way in this one.

I heard that Nelson was calling all your offensive plays is that true? Could be what is wrong with your offense.

My prediction Oneida 28 Wartburg 0

I have to agree with you, we are not gonna score 28 points against Oneida. If we pull this one out it will be a defensive battle. The Dawgs are much improved as is evidence by the scores. You abviously don't read the Sports section. Coach Shoemaker the HC is the Offensive coordinator & although they are struggling I think he will get that ship going in the right direction. The Nelson kid you are talking about....wait a second I just said it. Hes a kid I dont think Coach Shoe would turn play calling duties over to someone that is like 19 or 20 years old. No offense to the young man, he is gaining valuable experience. But, again I must think that Nelson & Shoe & all the other Wartburg Coaches must be better than Coalfields staff I mean the Wartburg staff is leading that series 1-0 in head on match-ups.

banjo,

you are ready for the straight jacket buddy wartburg's man not nearly the coach of the henry's. they are much better than 1-42. you people up there in wartburg were going to change everything and fix you program by getting rid of the bear up there. your solution to solving the problem has till now been promoting his former asst and his former quarterback as well as others involved in his program to fix things. how is that going for you so far. coach shoe has been there for the length of your losing or down streak so he is at least partly responsible for the losses in 07 33-7, 06 32-6, 05 46-6, 04 41-6, wasn't that shoe's defense getting stung by my boys or was that some other shoemaker standing over there on your sidelines. Last year was a FLUKE but that will be proven in a few weeks.

enjoy your win this year against oakdale

You are showing your true colors, I guess ignorance in Coalfield runs wild. When they cant think of anything better to say they resort to trash talk. I didnt say Shoe vs Henry I said staff vs staff. As anyone knows a great head coach still cant do anything without a aolid staff behind him. I grabbed my preview to show you: We have already talked about the HCs, now lets talk asst.

Ellison-Defensive coordinator, no ties to Wartburg, coached at Bearden High School I would say thats a huge step above Coalfield.

Cochran-played at Carson Newman on a national championship team. No ties to Wartburg

Earl-played at UT coached at Bearden High for years & someone told me he coached at the college level also. Correct me if Im wrong on that. No ties to Wartburg.

Nelson- young & upcoming coach

Heidel & Poole are dads, but appear to help out quite a bit.

So now what has your staff accomplished? Looks like the main assistants here have no ties to Wartburg as you stated. If you are referring to Davis as the Bear, well he was not a good coach. He had a losing record overall, but did have a few good years based on talent alone. As to last year being a fluke I dont see how a shut out is ever a fluke.

Glory Be! Start this post and get the cousins arguing over who pees the farthest. :roflol: Seriously, I'd just as soon leave all the "my boys are tougher than your boys" alone, until the results are posted. Everybody can compete.....that's why they play the games! A little good natured banner among fans and Alumni is fun IMO, but try not to knock a Coach anywhere until you've walked a mile in their shoes. Some situations are screwed up so bad even Bear Bryant himself couldn't whip them into a team......and I'm not saying that is the case here.....I'm just offering some perspective. I know the Henrys and Coach Shoemaker, too.....unless your offering them some form of praise, they probably wish you wouldn't speak ill of them! Heck, do you like it when someone tells you....you suck at your job!

:lol: Kaz :thumb: