Knoxville Media Bias?

orcat

orcat, I have no idea who is stronger but sometimes if we don't hear from a School that becomes a perception also. As you realize, your District seems stronger this year and last year we expected to see you in State but others said you underperformed. Karnes is in here and we see them as are some schools around Chattanooga, OOletewah and Mt Schools can only gauge from who is played and watch the scores. Cleveland, Bradley and sometimes ER comes in. Riverdale goes in to chattanooga as does cookeville and we comparatively keepup with them South just doesn't travelunless ot state and DB comes and is considered great. Farragutt used to come, we've had schools come and play KC. Don't know anything about West nor Heritage. Only really listen to you and V2. This post is very good and I enjoyed your post. You realize that I sometimes do get your same complaint from fans in Nashville. To be the school you have to play the school. Page is always good as it beats up on AA schools and most AAA schools it plays. Ryan and Brentwood continue to be good every year and work to be the best but even those three schools didn't quite make it to the top but did get close. VB is well balanced in the STATE and those three schools have a lions share of wins and near misses but you are right, take those three out of the mix and then there will be others. Likely three others from somewhere. All three of these schools will tell you right now there are numerous schools nipping at their heels.Your posts are valuable and when some schools dont post, some might be suspect. Likely too much information is trying to be gathered from the State and not enough are responding. this site is trying to help and if it lacks, only you can say. Your constructive criticism is valuable and will be taken. By the way, you missed your chance and someone else has also, who is the coach at Seymore who has 500 wins and likely the least recognized Coach in the state for VB for doing so. Orcat you and I are having a significant discussion about matters that really make a difference and can be only done with VB enthusiasts around the STATE and if you will be one of those and there are others, some in Upper East Tennessee, some more in your area, at least three or four in Chattanooga at least 4 in Jackson and about four or more in Memphis along with a house load full in Middle Tennessee. Fire away as you have just done. Posters are in and out of this site every day, some never to be heard from again. There are certainly more enthusiasts than the ones at those three schools you mentioned in Middle Tennessee and you certainly have a major chair at the table, along with V2 as well as every one else.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orcat,

I have wondered about the bias myself with other sports. I contacted the paper and was told that they get the ink because that area sells the most papers. I wasn't talking about rankings, I was talking about coverage. You could have the game of the year with something amazing happening during the game, and a average game out west would get the ink.

Orcat,

I have wondered about the bias myself with other sports. I contacted the paper and was told that they get the ink because that area sells the most papers. I wasn't talking about rankings, I was talking about coverage. You could have the game of the year with something amazing happening during the game, and a average game out west would get the ink.

Rico, FEAR Not, if its high school volleyball and your favorite matches, CoachT and currently 64000 members, will help you post about it, some will celebrate with you about it, and some will likely take issue with you but one thing is for sure, everyone will have an opinion and giveit a complete discussion. News organizations in the STATE have done a good job of reporting but some organizations have not. the sport is still getting good support by fans.

There are papers in Oak Ridge, Maryville, Clinton, Morristown, and many other smaller towns which will print news about your school. Some have misunderstood, not all, but some HAVE misunderstood the amount of fans and students are involved in volleyball even at UT. Its hard to dispute the 6 times a year 106,000 fans that fill NS. But its also hard to dispute the number of players, fans, student, middle schoolers that this sport covers in all parts of the State.

So tell whoever told you about the games out west that are being covered, the amount of money his advertisors may be missing with the 5000 fans around the Knoxville area who are the players, families, student bodies and tgheir families, and just fans of this sport. And he is just losing the impact to him and to those who advertise with him and then Call some of the papers that do and tell them you appreciate their coverage and you and your friends support those who advertise with them. They will appreciate it and their businesses will also.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Never said I thought it was a smart decision. I'm scratching my head at it too.
    • If he wanted to play QB he should have either went to Heritage or William Blount and had a real good chance there. In stead he'll be exactly what he was going to be at Maryville. They already know who their QB is going to be in 2025 and it ain't going to be him.
    • Easier said than done. The man who ran for 250+ yards and 3TDs is gonna be back….and a lot bigger.
    • plus it removes the pressure around winning.
    • You are correct.   The teacher's pay scale is virtually the same in Knox County, now, as it is at Oak Ridge.   The coaching supplements are still higher at Oak Ridge, from what I was told, but not a huge difference.   Plus, Rusty is going from a position coach to an OC position, which is what he was at South Doyle and where his comfort zone is.  And from a special education teaching slot to a PE teaching slot.  There is a lot of positivity in that move without even considering the coaching aspect.   Anybody who sees something negative here is just looking for negativity to begin with.  But some live in that world.   Really good hire for Brent.  He now has two experienced and quality coordinators and can concentrate on being a head football coach.