Blackman Early Bird Tourney

bloss44

• 2 months later...

Crazy how this tourney got cancelled and then

So has everything went all to he!! with Blackmon

I have heard all kinds of crazy stories so does any one want to set the record straight....Coach Blosser is a great Coach he helped that Hixson bunch to good things last year and Kennedy is a great wrestling man but what is going on?? Hear the good wrestlers are transferring;hope we get a couple of them

Colby O'Brien is still on the team. Hopefully the others will return in time or find a great school and keep wrestling. They have been well coached by Kennedy and have to remember they wrestle for their community, their family and themselves. They are great kids who have been through too much drama. Hopefully they will find the success and happiness they deserve. Kennedy will be a great coach who deserves a lot of credit and appreciation at this tough time. Jones and Hamm are still there and will keep the kids in the room at the top of their game! Those two are great!

There is no doubt that the Blaze got a shot in the arm and everyone was thrilled about my brother's skill level, enthusiasm and confidence in what feb. '10 could become historically for this area and in the new venue only some 25 miles away from Blackman. The boys and their parents absolutely loved him!!!

Complications with the admin/district will have to be dealt with, but I am grateful for the powerful impact that Jacky has made in his short and/or uncertain tenure. We may never know what Blackman wrestling woulda, coulda, shoulda become.

I'm fairly confident that Blackman will still be comparable to last year's team in most duals (esp. state duals), probably a little better in indv. state with the group we have left. FB coach Shadowens is clearly a winner among young men (as shown @ Smyrna and now Blackman) and will help to shore things up with no more than some HS wrestling experience in his younger years, but Hamm is still there along with Seth Jones.

The Soms

I found this article on "The Tennessean" website. Blackman is on their 3rd wrestling coach as they have now hired their football coach. What type of background does he have in wrestling? I also see that a few of the better wrestlers are not wrestling this year? Is this a short term issue where things will get smoothed out and they come back later or are these wrestlers gone for good. This is sad to see. I hope it works out for them in the end.

http://www.tennessean.com/section/PREPSFACTORY/

There will be in the upper-left hand corner "Preps Blog" by Maurice Patton. It states that Blackman is on their 3rd wrestling coach in '09. Click this and the article is there.