CAK vs Carter

Warriors011

I saw where the Troutman kid for Carter had 10 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 sack, 96 yds rushing, and 2 TD's. Sounds to me like the combination of Meady and Troutman are quite a combo.

No doubt they are both quality backs and they will test our defense. While I have been impressed by the progress CAK has made defensively this year, one area that can always improve is our tackling. The D seems to be persuing and gang tackling better this year, but still too many broken tackles on the intial hit. If the first tackler can hold on long enough for his teammates to get there and help we will be ok. My experience with backs like this is that you need to get to them before they get going and hit a seam. Make them dance around in the backfield with upfield pressure. So our D-line really needs to get penetration and we need to continue to contain and gang tackle. The LB's have been active and that needs to continue. They will also throw the ball some, so we can't get so caught up with #4 & #28 that we fall asleep in the defensive backfield and allow receivers to be running wide open or get behind us. I would be very surprised if we were able to totally shut them down due to the quality of some of their players. Hardin Valley escaped with a shutout due primarily to Carter turning the ball over 3 times while in scoring territory. Offensively, the Warriors should present a variety of problems for Carter, primarily covering the pass. But they have a strong defense and I believe they have only given up 1 TD all season. Hopefully we will be healthy and ready to go. Like many other schools we have some sickness running throughout the squad and some injuries to deal with, but so does everyone else.

:thumb:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ready to see this Carter rushing attack. I've heard it is the real deal!

Sure sounds like it. It will be a good test for CAK's defense. Carter's RB's are clearly the best we have faced this year, at least from what is said and written about them. Loudon will roll in the following week with a strong running game as well, so lets get it on and see if the Warriors are "contenders" or if we still have some work to do. As I said in an earlier post, I believe this is a statement game for this CAK team. The "meat" of our schedule starts this friday night. :thumb:

I was at the first Carter game when they played Hardin Valley. I will say that in order for Carter to win this game, they have got to get better O-line protection in the passing downs. You can have a fantastic run team, but if you can't throw it around a little bit other teams are going to just put 8 in the box and stop it eventually. Meady and #4 can fly and I think will score some. This game is going to be a defensive battle. I think the score will be low, like 14-7 or something. Should be a good one.

The Carter Green Hornets from North East Knox County will buzz down I-40 West and swarm the prestine Cedar Bluff campus of CAK. They will have more than just one queen in this swarm, with a duo of running backs that would make any coach green with envy. After self-destructing in their last road trip to West Knox County, the Hornets have spread their wings and sharpened their stingers and have been a scoring machine, while giving up no points.

While these green flying insects focus their attack on CAK, the Warriors have a pretty good shield and some RAID, or should I say Air Raid, to thwart them. The high flying Warriors know a thing or two about spreading a defense and throwing the ball all over the field. The defensive side for CAK will need to have some sting of their own to throttle the swarm of pesky hornets intent on getting to the end zone. I believe the Warriors may get stung a time or two on the field tomorrow night, but not enough to prevent a CAK victory.

Football Dad's Forecast: CAK 21 Carter 14

The Carter Green Hornets from North East Knox County will buzz down I-40 West and swarm the prestine Cedar Bluff campus of CAK. They will have more than just one queen in this swarm, with a duo of running backs that would make any coach green with envy. After self-destructing in their last road trip to West Knox County, the Hornets have spread their wings and sharpened their stingers and have been a scoring machine, while giving up no points.

While these green flying insects focus their attack on CAK, the Warriors have a pretty good shield and some RAID, or should I say Air Raid, to thwart them. The high flying Warriors know a thing or two about spreading a defense and throwing the ball all over the field. The defensive side for CAK will need to have some sting of their own to throttle the swarm of pesky hornets intent on getting to the end zone. I believe the Warriors may get stung a time or two on the field tomorrow night, but not enough to prevent a CAK victory.

Football Dad's Forecast: CAK 21 Carter 14

Nice work FBD. Game day! I'm looking forward to some good Warrior concessions tonight before the game and a great game on the field. I want to see how the Warriors respond to this match up. Like you said, we will have a much better idea whether CAK is a contender or still has work to do after tonight. CAK has pretty well run over the first 3 opponents, but I believe that Carter will be at a different level. I always love to watch the CAK offense work as well as defense, but tonight I am particularly anxious to see how the defense handles (or doesn't handle) Troutman and Meady. In addition, it sounds like this will be the first game this year that tests the Warrior secondary somewhat too. I hope our DB's are up to the challenge. And even more so, I hope our front 8 are up to the challenge of handling a strong running attack.

I would like to hear what Juniorsdad thinks of the line match ups on O and D?

7 hours 44 minutes! Go Warriors!!! :twisted:

They will have more than just one queen in this swarm,

Carter's football team is a bunch of queens...interesting.

Now guys, I don't claim to be as good as Leonard's Losers, but I try. I was making a weak attempt at tying in "hornets","bees" etc... with my silly antidotes...all within a few minutes time. I couldn't say "kings" because they don't exist in the bee/hornet kingdom, unless I've missed an episode or two on the Discovery Channel or Animal Planet. No offense to any of you Carter fans, or for that matter, any of you "queens" as well. :hungry: