Region 4A (Dist. 7 & 8) Early Predictions

foxylady

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the talent on PC is right there with anyone in 7a. Gibson and Garner are 1st team contenders in this district. I'm all about this team, they made it to state and I believe they've got a good chance of making it back. But they have question marks on their team. Point guard is gonna really hurt them. Kayla Gibson can't do it by herself, this team will miss Megan White more than everyone realizes. They've got some depth at every position except for point guard. I think this team will have a better record than they did last season. I totally do expect them to be in contention for the district title with CR and JC.

i look for a clean sweep come region tourney time. Clay Co. is absolutely loaded this year as is JC, CR and PC. I don't think any of the teams in 8A have a shot at winning a game against 7A in the region. And as always the two teams out of 7A that make it to the Region Semi's will also make it to the state tournament as there is no opposition in Chattanooga again this year.

Arts and Sciences from Chattanooga was very good last year 29-2 when Pickett beat then In Chattanooga in the substate. I don't know if they have many back from that team, but it was the first good A team I ever saw from that area. So, they may have another good team. But still it will be a sweep by 7A.

Arts and Sciences returns most everyone. It won't be a gimmee if they host a sectional again.

Chattanooga Christian had some good teams when they were in Class A. The coach's daughter played at Lee I believe, a post played and did well at Wake Forest and another forward signed with MTSU before having a good last couple of seasons at UT-Chattanooga. Back quite a while there were several good small schools in SE Tennessee before they began moving up into Class AA.

I will see Clay County at a scrimmage day November 7 so I can give a non-biased rundown on them.

With lots of play days coming up, maybe we will see some good reports on the teams. Post

your thoughts.

Play days 10/31

Friendship Christian @ Forrest

Red Boiling @ Forrest

Trousdale @ Forrest

Monterey @ Monterey

Gordonsville@ Monterey

Clarkrange @ Monterey

Play days 11/7

Watertown @ Hickman County

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf