Henry County 3-0 again

1986player

What's up with no one posting? Last year we were always on the first web page and now we have moved to the second. Come on Big Red Fans let's move.

I can tell you what the problem is with at least the fans who sit around me. They tell me that a few years ago they were tired and frustrated with losing. Now it appears that your fans are bored with winning. It's strange to say the least, but that's it, pure and simple. Maybe the team should lose a few games to revive the interest. Don't get me wrong, we have MANY fans who support the team, but they get bored quickly when we get ahead, or they are overly alarmed if it is close.

You did not move to another seat in stadium? I thought you would have by now! A change of scenery would do you good.

Patriot Stadium has been packed. :shock: Crowds are about the biggest I have seen for Reg Season games. Still not used to new scoreboard. :shock: I still catch my head swiveling to the left to check the board. It may take a few more games to break that! :flower:

My 2 cents worth to the question about the postings, I have noticed the lack of fans from our current Region posting very much the last few years. Without the fans from the other team posting it seems to take away from the fun of discussion. Leaves Pats fans to post among themselves. :thumb: I guess that is OK but gets old after awhile, at least for me. I wished more Clarksville/Springfield/Dickson folks would post. Maybe it will pickup as we go thru season. I know CHS, DCHS and SHS have some folks that will post.

A little discussion between opposing fans is a good thing.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with no one posting? Last year we were always on the first web page and now we have moved to the second. Come on Big Red Fans let's move.

I can tell you what the problem is with at least the fans who sit around me. They tell me that a few years ago they were tired and frustrated with losing. Now it appears that your fans are bored with winning. It's strange to say the least, but that's it, pure and simple. Maybe the team should lose a few games to revive the interest. Don't get me wrong, we have MANY fans who support the team, but they get bored quickly when we get ahead, or they are overly alarmed if it is close.

You did not move to another seat in stadium? I thought you would have by now! A change of scenery would do you good.

Patriot Stadium has been packed. :D Crowds are about the biggest I have seen for Reg Season games. Still not used to new scoreboard. :D I still catch my head swiveling to the left to check the board. It may take a few more games to break that! :)

My 2 cents worth to the question about the postings, I have noticed the lack of fans from our current Region posting very much the last few years. Without the fans from the other team posting it seems to take away from the fun of discussion. Leaves Pats fans to post among themselves. :lol: I guess that is OK but gets old after awhile, at least for me. I wished more Clarksville/Springfield/Dickson folks would post. Maybe it will pickup as we go thru season. I know CHS, DCHS and SHS have some folks that will post.

A little discussion between opposing fans is a good thing.

And not only that times are rough in paris. Most of us are workin as much as we can to just get by. A lot of us don't have time to post as much as last year.

With Friday's win over Kenwood, is there any Clarksville team that can beat us? Rossview? Northwest? Northeast? Maybe Austin Peay?

Wow, you guys finally have a few winning seasons and all of a sudden your heads start to inflate. Just give it time, somebody will beat HC. Even if it is not until the play-offs, 10-0 does NOT matter if you dont win state..... :lol:

You are wrong, and obviously you have never coached, to make a stupid statement like that. 10-0 ALWAYS matters. 5-5 matters, as does 1-9, and 7-3. I don't know which team you follow, nor do I care, but my guess is, that they haven't been 10-0 in a while. You are basically saying that no team matters, and nothing they achieve matters, unless they win the state championship. I hope that's not what you mean, because those words would be the words of a fool. Some of our fans may be a little arrogant, but winning with regularity promotes that, especially among fans. Another guess of mine would be that your team has very few, if any, arrogant fans.

People who make statements like this must not have ever won it all. Don't get me wrong, having a good record is great and should be something to be proud of, but if you don't win it all, then you're just like everyone else at the end of the year, second. I don't think any team with pride sets out to be second. I can't remeber who said it, but there was a coach who once said, once everything is said and done, the only thing a people will remember is the last game. If you lose it nowbody cares that you went 10-0 before that. Ask the players from USC when the lost to Texas. Better yet ask the teams that beat Livingston Academy the year the entered the playoffs at 4-6 and ended up State Champs. Believe me, as an Oak Ridge supporter we went through a lot of 10-0, 11-0, 12-0 seasons only to lose the last game with coach Gaddis.

Wow, you guys finally have a few winning seasons and all of a sudden your heads start to inflate. Just give it time, somebody will beat HC. Even if it is not until the play-offs, 10-0 does NOT matter if you dont win state..... :lol:

You are wrong, and obviously you have never coached, to make a stupid statement like that. 10-0 ALWAYS matters. 5-5 matters, as does 1-9, and 7-3. I don't know which team you follow, nor do I care, but my guess is, that they haven't been 10-0 in a while. You are basically saying that no team matters, and nothing they achieve matters, unless they win the state championship. I hope that's not what you mean, because those words would be the words of a fool. Some of our fans may be a little arrogant, but winning with regularity promotes that, especially among fans. Another guess of mine would be that your team has very few, if any, arrogant fans.

People who make statements like this must not have ever won it all. Don't get me wrong, having a good record is great and should be something to be proud of, but if you don't win it all, then you're just like everyone else at the end of the year, second. I don't think any team with pride sets out to be second. I can't remeber who said it, but there was a coach who once said, once everything is said and done, the only thing a people will remember is the last game. If you lose it nowbody cares that you went 10-0 before that. Ask the players from USC when the lost to Texas. Better yet ask the teams that beat Livingston Academy the year the entered the playoffs at 4-6 and ended up State Champs. Believe me, as an Oak Ridge supporter we went through a lot of 10-0, 11-0, 12-0 seasons only to lose the last game with coach Gaddis.

I retired from coaching in another state and yes, we won it all during my career. I am the one who said it, in response to the statement that was made that "10-0 doesn't matter if you don't win the state" . As a former coach I disagree with that. Are you telling me that YOU believe that NOTHING matters except winning the state championship? This program has been down for years, winning one or two games a year, and now they have been to the semifinals three years in a row. That matters. It matters when a team goes 10-0. It matters when a team goes 7-3. It matters when a team goes 2-8. Keep your arrogant attitude over in East Tennessee, and try to help your team win some games. Checking the last few years, they need all of the help they can get.

I am one Patriot fan who is just as excited and interested as I always have been. My friends and other long time HC followers I know are pumped about this season too. All teams have a few fairweather fans that don't really understand football and make ridiculous statements in the stands. That is the main reason I prefer to stand field level to watch and be close to the action. The crowds have been big and loud so far as well.

HC has a great looking team with a ton of potential. I think HC will hit their peak entering the playoffs with a good chance of winning the state title. Who is heading to Clarksville Friday night?

Gaddis won you guys a state title didn't he?

I have heard that Northwest looks pretty good this year. What does anyone out there know about them?

Some of my friends who are closer to the program say that they have a big running back who is their featured player and they get the ball to him a lot. They have a new and improved coaching staff. That's all I know but I am sure someone out there knows more than I. On another note, I just saw where Henry County is #1 in the AP poll. When is the last time that happened? Polls don't mean a whole lot, but it can be quite a source of pride if handled properly.

I have heard that Northwest looks pretty good this year. What does anyone out there know about them?

Some of my friends who are closer to the program say that they have a big running back who is their featured player and they get the ball to him a lot. They have a new and improved coaching staff. That's all I know but I am sure someone out there knows more than I. On another note, I just saw where Henry County is #1 in the AP poll. When is the last time that happened? Polls don't mean a whole lot, but it can be quite a source of pride if handled properly.

The Wylie kid is a big RB 6-3 260. He had 205 yards against Beech. Don't know what he did against CHS he was coming off a shoulder injury. NW QB threw for more than 1200 yards last year and I think was leading passer in Clarksville.