Top East Tenn RB?????

VoiceOfTheJags

IMO...It is a coin flip between DeAndre Purdy from Farragut and Devrin Young from Bearden. It just depends on how you would use them and the type of Offense they would be apart of. Mr. Purdy is a strong, hard nosed runner, and just plain mean. Mr. Young is more elusive, great vision, and faster than a hiccup. These are the 2 best backs in the state, if you ask me, and head over heels better than anyone in East Tn.

]

IMO...It is a coin flip between DeAndre Purdy from Farragut and Devrin Young from Bearden. It just depends on how you would use them and the type of Offense they would be apart of. Mr. Purdy is a strong, hard nosed runner, and just plain mean. Mr. Young is more elusive, great vision, and faster than a hiccup. These are the 2 best backs in the state, if you ask me, and head over heels better than anyone in East Tn.

Well Kidstaxi, I do believe Purdy is the best college prospect in this area. However Jaron Toney is averaging about 11 yards a carry and has played some very tough competition. If I'm not mistaken he has more yardage than anyone in the Knoxville area. He also has 12 touchdowns in 3 games. To say anyone is head over heels over Toney is just crazy and frankly doesn't have a clue. The other two backs are great also but Toney has to be in the discussion. dry.gif

I think you have to throw in Aaron and Caleb Blance from Webb to be on par with Young and Purdy. Aaron has had 6 carries for 187 yards and 4 td's in only 2 games (plus a very nice 70 yard play in the jamborree against farragut (he is just a freshman). Caleb ran for 1250 yrds last year as a freshman (against teams like Ensworth, Catholic, Baylor, McCallie, A-E, Father Ryan, BGA, etc) and has 160 this year but has only played 4 qrts of play.

An interesting note but i do believe that Aaron, Caleb, Devrin young, and Tiano Perez of Farragut, were on a relay team together in middle school the won the 4X100 national championship, possibly breaking a record.

Im gonna go ahead and throw Weston Hazelhurst from Clinton in on this one. He is one heck of a back and will lead Clinton to their best season since 92. Friday against Karns was his lowest yard total this season with 165 yards and 3 touchdowns. I'll take those numbers any night

Its Young....heres why.... Stanford offer as a JR

hearing from

UGA

AUB

Alabama

Colorado

GT

Northwestern

LSU

UVA

Duke

Oregon

Texas A&M

Vanderbilt

Tennessee

and that was just last week......been invited to games at AUB, ALA, GT, VANDY, Tennessee

some of the other backs mentioned are very good backs.....but Young is the best IMO

NO other back in E.TN JR or SR is getting the kind of attention this kid is getting.....its not a matter if he is signing D-1 , but with who??????

I think you have to throw in Aaron and Caleb Blance from Webb to be on par with Young and Purdy. Aaron has had 6 carries for 187 yards and 4 td's in only 2 games (plus a very nice 70 yard play in the jamborree against farragut (he is just a freshman). Caleb ran for 1250 yrds last year as a freshman (against teams like Ensworth, Catholic, Baylor, McCallie, A-E, Father Ryan, BGA, etc) and has 160 this year but has only played 4 qrts of play.

An interesting note but i do believe that Aaron, Caleb, Devrin young, and Tiano Perez of Farragut, were on a relay team together in middle school the won the 4X100 national championship, possibly breaking a record.

Bart Satterfield Fulton was also on that relay team.......they all ran AAU Knoxville Track Club....

Hard to say who is "the best" because there are so many variables when evaluating players. Some guys put up big numbers because they get so many more carries than others, some because they are running behind a good O-line, and others because they are playing against weak competition. IMO, interest from D-1 college scouts don't make you the best high school running back and hearing from a college doesn't necessarily equate into an offer, but of course it does give some indication that the player is very good, possibly the best, but who really knows. Do you like shifty, speed guys, or do you like big, fast, strong guys, do you need someone who can catch a pass or someone who can block a big blitzing linebacker. The debate can go on and on forever. Sounds like the list of RB's already mentioned is an All-Star list of the areas RB's, and probably a few more could be added to that list. I say embrace the fact that we have several very very good RB's in E.TN, pray all these kids stay healthy, keep up their grades, stay out of trouble, and get a big ole juicy scholarship to the college of their choice. :motorbike:

I'm pretty sure that Aaron wasn't on that relay team as he would have been a year younger than the others. I think Fulton's Bart Satterfield was the 4th member of the relay team you're talking about.