Rhea County at Bearden

Might as well get this rolling for the week.

This will be a tough game. Bearden's got an RB, #33, already has a full ride to Stanford, rumors have it, and he's just a junior. Little guy (5'5" I think) but he's got speed and power. He has to be shut down early or he'll break through everytime. If we can contain him, if our defense can tighten up, if our offense brings it, we just might have a chance at winning this one.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RheaCo - how come the boys didn't watch film today? I heard they told the boys let's just move on and forget about Friday...what's up with that? We had a lot of mistakes that I thought might be good for the guys to see on film. Give is some scoop if you can. Also about Bearden (besides #33). I think one of Coach Lane's kids teaches up there - he might know something about the team. Anyway, looking forward to Friday. Just a few days away.

GO EAGLES!

RheaCo - how come the boys didn't watch film today? I heard they told the boys let's just move on and forget about Friday...what's up with that? We had a lot of mistakes that I thought might be good for the guys to see on film. Give is some scoop if you can. Also about Bearden (besides #33). I think one of Coach Lane's kids teaches up there - he might know something about the team. Anyway, looking forward to Friday. Just a few days away.

GO EAGLES!

Well we had a problem with the film friday night so we didn't get all of the game until we got a copy from Walker Valley at the JV/Freshmen game tonight. The camera at the game friday got unplugged and by the time Mr.Barger realized he was running on the battery the battery went dead. So by the time they got it plugged back in the disc had to be reformatted and we lost a good portion of the first half. So that played into them not watching film today. The coaches got a copy from Walker Valley so they may watch the film later on. Yeah Coach Tyler Lane, he coaches the golf team up there and he did tell me alittle bit about them and the stadium. He said their stadium is nice but they only have one side so he recommended getting there alittle early. I'm working on a report that I will post later tonight or tomorrow morning on Bearden.

Congrats to the Freshmen/JV team on getting the win today at Walker Valley. :thumb:

The Bearden Game Report

Rhea Co. travels to Knox Bearden this Friday with a 7:30 kick-off. Bearden is a solid team and just gets the job done. They have 9 players returning on defense and 6 on offense. I do know that Bearden is missing their 2 starting defensive ends David Tull (Broken Leg) and Dillon Wilker (Sprain). Bearden will be running some out of the spread, pistiol, twins open in split backs, and a very unbalanced formation. Leading Bearden is the great junior running back Dervin Young #33 (5'8 165). Young is a high school All-American running back. Young has great vision, agility, power, and speed. He is a dangerous player, that can make several players miss, and then get to the sideline and use his speed. After watching film, I am very impressed, I think he may even be better than Knox Catholic's Dorian Cozart. Bearden's line is not the biggest line or the best line that we have played this year, but they are good as a unit. Bradley Ternes #64 (6'0 235), Edward Pena # 78 (5'11 270), Austin Sackett #72 (5’9 220), Peter McKay #73 (6’3 215) and Mark Goltry #62 (6’1 215). Look to the be starting line for the Bulldogs. They do rotate in a few linemen Harry Patty #71 (6’1 257), Sam Zivi #59 (5’10 205),and Ryan Cantely #77 (5’10 225) along with a few others they use everynow and then. Their quarterback Kyle Riemer #9 (5’9 152), he is not very big, but he actually has a pretty decent arm and he escapes pressure really well. He has very good foot work and good vision. Playing fullback will Peyton Landers #21 (6’1 181). This guy is good, he is a hard nosed fullback that looks for contact, and will straight plow other players over. I like this kid a lot, he is a good all around football player. The receiving and tight end corps are not overly impressive but they can catch the football pretty well. Playing at receiver and tight end will be Tyler Graham #2 (6’1 182), Max Guthe #11 (6’1 185), Tyler Calloway #3 (5’10 157), Stefon Stephens #1 (5’11 150), Adam Robertson #91 (6’1 188), Brett Parisi #12 (5’11 183), and Drew Williamson #42 (6’2 205). Graham, Guthe, and Calloway looke to be the starters at reciever.

Defensively they are going to be in a 4-4, and they love to play man coverage. They like to blitz and really bring it on defense. They have allowed only 13 points this year, including a 44 to 0 shut out of Walker Valley. Starting with the defensive line they have some very big and I mean very big defensive tackles in Calvin Burrell #76 (5’10 313) and Chris Jackson #50 (5’10 342). Mark Goltry will also play a lot at defensive tackle. Stines, Daggett, and Big Red are going to have to be on their games Friday night to stop Bearden big DTs. Playing at defensive end will be Brett Parisi and Peter Mckay. Play at the linebacker positions will be Logan Candela #88 (5’10 170), Ty’son Chisholm #32 (5’10 186), Peyton Landers, Drew Williamson, and Adam Robertson. Peyton Landers is a good linebacker who really gets down hill in a hurry. Robertson is a good linebacker who finds the football really well. The secondary is decent. Cisco Carter #5 (6’5 208), Michael Williams #34 (6’0 162), Dervin Young, and Stefon Stephens. Cisco Carter is a great looking athlete. For only being a first year player he is very good. He is pretty impressive looking at 6’5 208. Carter also is the punter and kicker, he has a great leg and can kick it threw the end zone on kick-offs. Ben Sisco #90 (5’11 150) will handle the PATs.

There is a few different keys to this game on both sides of the ball including special teams. Offensively the line is going to have to play a very good game. Bearden loves to blitz and they will be coming after Cam. The runningbacks will also have to block some too. The receivers are going to have to get open and catch the ball this week for the offense to move.

Defensively we are going to have to bring it. I noticed in both the Jefferson Co. and William Blount games that when their defenses pressured and brought heat on Bearden, they didn’t seem to play as well. The linebackers are going to have to keep Young in check. The line is also going to have to play very good again this week too. The secondary has to play very solid and proved run support this week. Also the defense has to do a better job of tackling this week, especially if they get a hold of Young. He can break away from bad tackles very easily. Also create turnovers this week.

Special teams wise don’t kick it to Dervin Young, I repeat do not kick the ball anywhere near Dervin Young. The return teams have to do a better job blocking this week.

This is a tough game, and having to go to Bearden is going to make it even tougher. If we keep Young in check and the secondary doesn’t give up a lot of passing yards. I think we can keep Bearden’s offense in check. Offensively if we limit mistakes and dropped balls. If we do that I think we can move the ball pretty well against Bearden. Also Bearden is a second half team, so we have to get on them and stay on them, because they dominate teams in the second half.

Thanks for the info, RheaCo. Sounds like our boys have their work cut out for them Friday. Heard there might be some shifting around of linebackers and other positions - any truth to that?

We'll see you north of Evensville Friday night.

Yes that is true, there are going to be some changes player wise this week at the linebacker positions. I'm pretty sure Rice is now the new starting MIKE linebacker. I don't know yet if Zach Cochran is now the starting SAM linebacker, but he is going to be playing more at linebacker this week for sure. Offensively Jacob Kidd is going to get a chance to play some more along with Isaac Roddy.

Thanks for the info, RheaCo. Sounds like our boys have their work cut out for them Friday. Heard there might be some shifting around of linebackers and other positions - any truth to that?

We'll see you north of Evensville Friday night.

Yes that is true, there are going to be some changes player wise this week at the linebacker positions. I'm pretty sure Rice is now the new starting MIKE linebacker. I don't know yet if Zach Cochran is now the starting SAM linebacker, but he is going to be playing more at linebacker this week for sure. Offensively Jacob Kidd is going to get a chance to play some more along with Isaac Roddy.

This is good to hear. Offensively in my opinion and everyone has one, there is a few that don't think they can be replaced. Kidd and Roddy both are good atheletes just need the reps.