Rhea County at Bearden

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barring some kind of freak act of God or a massive dose of swine flu, I do not seeing Rhea Co. evening making a game of this.

*The swine flu comment is not to far fecthed. It is a concern of mine.

As we all know the act of God is great. So with that being said I will respectfully take what he hands us on Friday night. One thing you can count on from the Evensville boys, they will show up and play and play hard. Good Luck Taxi.

How much of the younger Revis will we see? The kid looks just as big as a freshman as his brother did in Neyland Saturday.

Oh yeah Jacob Revis is going to be bigger than Kevin that is for sure. I know little Revis is bigger than Kevin was his freshmen year. I do see Jacob playing more and more as the season goes on. Really that goes the same for a few of the other freshmen too like Des, Moffett, Skylar, and so on.

To put this game in reality, THIS year Bearden beat Walker Valley 44-0 and Rhea Co. lost 28-20 this past week for WV FIRST win of the season. After only having limited film on both teams, this is my conclusion:

Devrin Young(4.3 forty) + Strong defense-Rhea Co.= Beaden 33 Rhea Co 10. That's as simple as i can put it without being downright insulting to Rhea co fans.

Okay, RheaCo, I know today is short practice day. Let us know how the boys looked. Friday is almost here.

The players have looked pretty good this week in practice. I think the defensive changes are going to help. Having Kidd at Dawg and Rice at MIKE will add some speed to the defense. I can tell they have forgotten about Walker Valley and are focused on playing Bearden tomorrow night. We are the underdog tomorrow night, and we are going to give them our best shot. See everybody there.

Okay, RheaCo, I know today is short practice day. Let us know how the boys looked. Friday is almost here.

The players have looked pretty good this week in practice. I think the defensive changes are going to help. Having Kidd at Dawg and Rice at MIKE will add some speed to the defense. I can tell they have forgotten about Walker Valley and are focused on playing Bearden tomorrow night. We are the underdog tomorrow night, and we are going to give them our best shot. See everybody there.

Sounds like a plan. We'll be there rooting for you and all the Rhea County boys. Safe travel to everybody and we will see you there.

To put this game in reality, THIS year Bearden beat Walker Valley 44-0 and Rhea Co. lost 28-20 this past week for WV FIRST win of the season. After only having limited film on both teams, this is my conclusion:

Devrin Young(4.3 forty) + Strong defense-Rhea Co.= Beaden 33 Rhea Co 10. That's as simple as i can put it without being downright insulting to Rhea co fans.

Glad to see you up on your math. So let me give it a shot. With you only relying on 1 offenseve player, we will have 11 defensive players. To me that would = a Rhea County win. I only calculate the wins not the numbers.

Let me sharpen that pencil for you.

Devrin Young(4.3 forty) + Strong Defense - Rhea Co. - no 3 man line - catching the football = Be Careful Bulldogs...

Let's just hope we keep our end of the equation. I'm not saying we will win, but I think we are just a couple of fixes away from it (catching the ball, turnovers, getting off the field on 3rd and 4th and long). This team has some hitters if we load the box and stuff the run. Hopefully, we will see a return of the four man front like we saw last year against the heavy run teams from the greater Knoxville area (Clinton, Powell...).

Glad to see you up on your math. So let me give it a shot. With you only relying on 1 offenseve player, we will have 11 defensive players. To me that would = a Rhea County win. I only calculate the wins not the numbers.

Yeah, Devrin Young is the only player Bearden relies on. He is going to snap, hand-off, and throw the ball to himself. He will even hold the the ball when he kicks it threw the up rights on extra points. I think you guys may only see a limited D. Young tonight, that is if he plays at all. He has been pretty sick, this week. So, I would say you will see the ball spread alittle more around to other players.

I got in trouble alot during my school days at Bearden for gambling and few times as an adult. So, with that said, lets put all the insulting comments to bed and put your money where your mouth is. I will spot Rhea Co 11 1/2 points. Gentlemen place your bets. It would have been 25 point spot, but knowing that #33 may not make it to the field, I think Rhea Co. Defense may keep the point spread more respectable.

Bottomline..With or without Devrin Young, Rhea Co. does not win this game and Bearden will show they have other offensive weapons.

Sorry, friend, we don't gamble in Rhea County on football games, just chicken fights. And if this is an example of the type of wagers you make, I can see why you've been in trouble gambling.

To even suggest 33 won't be on the field is ridiculous hype and you know it. I hope he is cause I'd like to see him play. I hear the films showed a pretty talented kicker that caught the teams interest, too, so it should be a good entertaining night of football.

Rhea County will show up and i hope they play hard. Make us proud, Green!