M&M BOWL "IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN"

dou

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Munford doing on the Offensive side of the ball? Are they in the spread?

Thanks to all the Millington posters, it sounds like a normal Trojan team (good) with a little less speed (not lack of but heck those Srs last year are a hard act to follow). Munford could use DeAndre Purdy to offset some of that but he's making an impact in Knoxville and so we move on.

Munford runs a spread offense but have a pretty good mix of 2 back sets. Can't say they have a real bruiser running back but they will keep pushing until they are down. Both QBs can run and throw although they seem to be a little streaky on any given night.

I agree about the Seniors at Millington and their freshmen year. There are usually a few freshmen that impress you but it was extremely hard to pinpoint just one from that team. Hardnosed, quick and very aggressive that night. I don't find it hard to believe folks would be questioning them only because of the losses early in the season, they are wrong for doing it. I know the Trojans have been undefeated and so on for the past couple of years but, as I said earlier, those losses were to two of the best teams in the region if not all of the SouthEast. It is a shame that folks look at the scores and losses and not the opposition.

We'll see you Friday night and I hope it is a great game with no injuries or other distractions!

Well my cougars sure let me down last Friday night. They didn't come to play in the first half and dug a hole too deep for them to come back from. I'm not sure whats going to happen this friday night. If the cougars come out of the gate fired up and ready to play then I think we as fans are in for a very good football game with Munford keeping it close or.......... what for it............. not yet............ maybe even pulling out a victory over Millington. Can't wait to see what the thread has to say about that statement. Only one day away.

Go Cougars.

Well my cougars sure let me down last Friday night. They didn't come to play in the first half and dug a hole too deep for them to come back from. I'm not sure whats going to happen this friday night. If the cougars come out of the gate fired up and ready to play then I think we as fans are in for a very good football game with Munford keeping it close or.......... what for it............. not yet............ maybe even pulling out a victory over Millington. Can't wait to see what the thread has to say about that statement. Only one day away.

Go Cougars.

Yea, when you turn the ball over and get penalties at all the wrong times (there is no such thing as good time) it makes a difference. I think the team will be ready and will play hard but the story will be written based on mistakes. Munford must limit them in order to make it a 4th Qtr call. I haven't seen Millington play and it sounds like they had a few against Bartlett early so if that holds true then the Cougars must take advantage. That's the beauty of high school football, you just never know till they play it out.

Let me second that GO COUGARS!!

Geez...Ya'll sound like you are going to a family reunion! Let's see somebody hit somebody in the mouth, punishing ballcarriers, crunching hits from the safety, relentless pressure, bodies thrown around with abandon, etc. Some of these posters sound like they work for "Hallmark."(Thank you! Love you! Miss you! Thinking of you!) I repeat GEEZzzzzz! Let's play some football!!!!!!

Geez...Ya'll sound like you are going to a family reunion! Let's see somebody hit somebody in the mouth, punishing ballcarriers, crunching hits from the safety, relentless pressure, bodies thrown around with abandon, etc. Some of these posters sound like they work for "Hallmark."(Thank you! Love you! Miss you! Thinking of you!) I repeat GEEZzzzzz! Let's play some football!!!!!!

I am sure you will see every bit of what you want to see, Tomorrow night. The Trojans are finally getting healthy,"knock on wood". We should come out of the night with some of you saying"who was #??, #???, and #??.

"WE ARE MILLINGTON,LET'S GO TROJANS"

Though I haven't posted this week, I have enjoyed following the conversations here on CoachT. The M&M Bowl has always been special, even before It became the M&M Bowl. The Rivalry between Millington and Munford is real and both teams will give their best effort tonight in front of the biggest crowd they will see all year long. It was nice to see Our Trojans gain confidence and play better as the game wore on last week vs Bartlett. 6 different Trojans scored including 2 sophmores. I think we will continue to see RB by commitee untill a RB establishes himself as the go to guy. In recent memory, The Trojans have used the M&M Bowl as a sort of coming out party for the goto RB for that year. I go back all the way to Paris Pitts and his 5 TD performance. Miguel Barnes had his coming out party vs the Cougars, as did Travis Simpson, and Tausean Holmes respectively. Who might that RB be this year?

Going into the year everyone expected Tyrell Garner to be the workhorse. Is this the game that he fufills that expectation? Or is it Stanton Brown (Who like in previous posts has really ran hard this year... ), or is it a relative unknown sophmore like Roland Gennesy or Kia Lewis? Gennesy has scored 2 TD's in his first 3 games as a Varsity RB including a 69 yard TD run last week vs Bartlett.

Go Trojans!!

I would love to see some of the hits tonight like we have seen in the last couple of years when we played Collierville....thumps that could be heard in the stands, helmets knocked off, one guy got hit so hard he puked after he got up. I have to give it to him though, he got back in the huddle. That kind of aggressiveness is what makes teams feared by other teams. Not to mention that it brings people to their feet with oooohs and ahhhs.

I guess I should be happy with the W, a decent crowd, and what I would assume to be a somewhat attractive gate which becomes more apparent to me as to its importance to so many. Somehow I just don't feel the elation and joy that I should have and can only explain it this way....I saw in tonight's game pretty much the same thing I witnessed as the two bands performed. I guess more than the rain dampened my spirit.

I guess I should be happy with the W, a decent crowd, and what I would assume to be a somewhat attractive gate which becomes more apparent to me as to its importance to so many. Somehow I just don't feel the elation and joy that I should have and can only explain it this way....I saw in tonight's game pretty much the same thing I witnessed as the two bands performed. I guess more than the rain dampened my spirit.

Visionaire, Take the W, I am unsure what you are trying to say here. :lol: