White Station Vs. CBHS

fourthree

CBHS over the Spartans 21 - 10.

I would also be surprised to see WS held to 1 TD. But even more unusual would be getting a field goal. We have a kicker that can do the job, but if we are in his range, and get to 4th down, Coach Rutherford believes we are close enough to go for it on 4th, and if we don't make it, then the feild position we give them keeps our defense in good shape. So if you think WS gets 2 scores, 14 points would have more chances than 10. I think we'll get 27, and CBHS would be in the 10-17 point range.

I'll go with WS 27 - CBHS 17

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen CBHS play twice; wins over Melrose and Germantown. In both of these wins, CBHS was the slower team in my opinion; and with the exception of Melrose possibly having a tad more raw and undisciplined individual speed (not disciplined team speed) than White Station, none of those teams have more team speed and utilizes that speed in its system better than White Station. CBHS will keep it interesting for a while being that they are a well-coached team, have a good kicking game, and will have the home field advantage, but in the end White Station should win this game going away- too much offense- too much speed. In this case- speed kills!

I have seen CBHS play twice; wins over Melrose and Germantown. In both of these wins, CBHS was the slower team in my opinion; and with the exception of Melrose possibly having a tad more raw and undisciplined individual speed (not disciplined team speed) than White Station, none of those teams have more team speed and utilizes that speed in its system better than White Station. CBHS will keep it interesting for a while being that they are a well-coached team, have a good kicking game, and will have the home field advantage, but in the end White Station should win this game going away- too much offense- too much speed. In this case- speed kills!

Ok fourthree:

TraderB says it will be .......... WS 20 / CBHS 17;

I say it will be ...................... WS 28 / CBHS 14;

Cam6 says .......................... WS 21 / CBHS 17;

Bigsneaky says .................... WS 10 / CBHS 21;

Spartansfan says ................. WS 27 / CBHS 17;

We want a prediction from you. What do you think the final score will be?

Ok fourthree:

TraderB says it will be .......... WS 20 / CBHS 17;

I say it will be ...................... WS 28 / CBHS 14;

Cam6 says .......................... WS 21 / CBHS 17;

Bigsneaky says .................... WS 10 / CBHS 21;

Spartansfan says ................. WS 27 / CBHS 17;

We want a prediction from you. What do you think the final score will be?

White Station 31 / CBHS 23- But the game will not be as close as this score indicates. My prediction includes some late inconsequential scores.

CBHS's D is slow as molasses and will give White Station all kinds of room in the 0-15 yard area. White Station will spread them out. White Station will beat them short, then beat them with the run, and then beat them long with the pass.

White Station 31 / CBHS 23- But the game will not be as close as this score indicates. My prediction includes some late inconsequential scores.

CBHS's D is slow as molasses and will give White Station all kinds of room in the 0-15 yard area. White Station will spread them out. White Station will beat them short, then beat them with the run, and then beat them long with the pass.

I see that Spartansfan, myself and you all think pretty highly of the WS 'O' and their 'D'. I think the CBHS kicking game will be a definate factor ... but I don't think it will be enough to overcome WS unless there is an injury or uncharacteristic carelessness on WS's part.

I see that Spartansfan, myself and you all think pretty highly of the WS 'O' and their 'D'. I think the CBHS kicking game will be a definate factor ... but I don't think it will be enough to overcome WS unless there is an injury or uncharacteristic carelessness on WS's part.

Well it is not that I think pretty highly of the WS 'D', I just think that the WS 'O' has the right scheme and skill players to take advantage of the CBHS 'D'. The WS qb should have a HUGE game! Plus WS does not have any glaring fundamental weaknesses as a team. You are right about the CBHS kicking game. They are capable of making more 40 yard field goals than missing; which is very good at the high school level.

Well it is not that I think pretty highly of the WS 'D', I just think that the WS 'O' has the right scheme and skill players to take advantage of the CBHS 'D'. The WS qb should have a HUGE game! Plus WS does not have any glaring fundamental weaknesses as a team. You are right about the CBHS kicking game. They are capable of making more 40 yard field goals than missing; which is very good at the high school level.

I was also thinking of CBHS's ability to change field positions with good solid punting. If you can pin a team deep on a consistant basis, that's a weapon that needs to be exploited. I think CBHS's defensive mindset will be to make WS go the length of the field on every possesion possible.

I was also thinking of CBHS's ability to change field positions with good solid punting. If you can pin a team deep on a consistant basis, that's a weapon that needs to be exploited. I think CBHS's defensive mindset will be to make WS go the length of the field on every possesion possible.

kwc,

You have laid out the things that CBHS should do to have its best shot and winning. Yes, they should shorten the game by running the ball and getting first downs and eating up much clock while keeping the WS O on the sidelines. Their very good kicking game should be at least very good that night- field goals, extra-points, punting and kicking for field position and to limit WS opportunities for big returns. They need to be very physical and have at least a couple of take-aways as well. But the way I see it, doing these things will only keep the game close and competitive, unless WS self-destructs, which is possible when we are talking about 14-19 year old kids and young men. CBHS is better than they have been the last two or three years, but this team does not have the speed, skill, and talent to keep up with this well-coached White Station team; particularly its defense as compared to White Station's offense.

CBHS's secondary seemed to be an Achilles' heel during the Melrose game. Has anything been done to shore it up? I'm not in Memphis anymore and didn't see anything but the result of the Germantown-CBHS game.

Wave80:

I can't answer that question but maybe fourthree can because he has seen them twice this year. But, he has already made it known that he doesn't think the CBHS has the speed to contend with WS. The reason Melrose cut the CBHS secondary to shreds is because Melrose has an exceptional QB and speed on the perimeter that CBHS couldn't match. CBHS probably went to zone coverage during that game but honestly ... Melrose did more in self destruction to help CBHS in that game more then anything else. WS poses a very different problem the Melrose. WS has the speed on the wing like Melrose but they also have a Tim Tebow type QB who runs the spread to perfection. This young man is listed at 6'-2" and 225 lbs. When they played Briarcrest I listened on the radio as he made a read play going around the end and took it 70 yards. He's BIG, STRONG, SMART, FAST, and he throws a very catchable ball. WS's offense is balanced and good on the ground and in the air.

Wave80 ... If CBHS drops into zone coverage to compensate for the speed differential ... then WS chews them up with a well balanced running game. If CBHS loads the box ... WS throws it to Julian Burton and company. Even if CBHS drops into zone coverage like a cover 2. WS has ways of stretching a defense and giving their play makers the ball with room to operate.

CBHS's secondary seemed to be an Achilles' heel during the Melrose game. Has anything been done to shore it up? I'm not in Memphis anymore and didn't see anything but the result of the Germantown-CBHS game.

Wave80:

I can't answer that question but maybe fourthree can because he has seen them twice this year. But, he has already made it known that he doesn't think the CBHS has the speed to contend with WS. The reason Melrose cut the CBHS secondary to shreds is because Melrose has an exceptional QB and speed on the perimeter that CBHS couldn't match. CBHS probably went to zone coverage during that game but honestly ... Melrose did more in self destruction to help CBHS in that game more then anything else. WS poses a very different problem the Melrose. WS has the speed on the wing like Melrose but they also have a Tim Tebow type QB who runs the spread to perfection. This young man is listed at 6'-2" and 225 lbs. When they played Briarcrest I listened on the radio as he made a read play going around the end and took it 70 yards. He's BIG, STRONG, SMART, FAST, and he throws a very catchable ball. WS's offense is balanced and good on the ground and in the air.

Wave80 ... If CBHS drops into zone coverage to compenstae for the speed differential ... then WS chews them up with a well balanced running game. If CBHS loads the box ... WS throws it to Julian Burton and company. Even if CBHS drops into zone coverage like a cover 2. WS has ways of stretching a defense and giving their play makers the ball with room to operate.

Wow kwc, you are GOOD! You summed that up beautifully! With the exception of Whitehaven, of which you are emotionally attached (I feel that you speak more from the heart than head there), you are dead-on with your assessments. With the exception of a material WS break-down (them self-destructing) or key injuries, I just do not see CBHS winning this game.

As far as the comment about addressing the CBHS secondary, unless they use different players than those that I saw in the Melrose and Germantown games, the only thing they can do is use some sort of nickel or dime package to compensate in this game. And if that happens, the WS qb will average 10+ yards a carry easy.

Wow kwc, you are GOOD! You summed that up beautifully! With the exception of Whitehaven, of which you are emotionally attached (I feel that you speak more from the heart than head there), you are dead-on with your assessments. With the exception of a material WS break-down (them self-destructing) or key injuries, I just do not see CBHS winning this game.

As far as the comment about addressing the CBHS secondary, unless they use different players than those that I saw in the Melrose and Germantown games, the only thing they can do is use some sort of nickel or dime package to compensate in this game. And if that happens, the WS qb will average 10+ yards a carry easy.

Thanks fourthree for the compliment. And yes ... I have to admit I am emotionally attached to the WH program. I'm guilty as charged. That dog-gone heart thing just seems to seep through when I talk about them.

Anyway ... I think that the WS QB is quite the package. My hat is off the coach Rutherford for seeing what use to be a tight end and converting him into a lethel duel threat QB. I think the CBHS fans will see what I am talking about tonight. Honestly ... (I'm being a homer here) ... I hope the U of M offers him ... I think he would fit there system to a 'T'. He doesn't become a field general until his senior year, so he is under the radar as far as recruiting is concerened. I think the general concensus is that the MUS QB is the best ... but this young man is just as good. May be better. They play MUS later on this year I think ... so ... WOW! ... THAT will be a game as well!