Anderson County @ Central

MavMaximus

The Mavericks travel to Bobcat territory this Friday. What say the Bobcats? What says redandblack63? Haven't seen him in a while on these boards. Always enjoyed his posts.

The Mavericks are coming off a big win at Campbell County, while Central has had a rough start this year. It would be foolish to count out a Helton team, and it seems that Central has some good players. I hear that the OL is huge, while the Mavs have some very good skill players.

Thoughts?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that AC put up some big numbers against CC. Was it passing or rushing?

Mostly passing, but some nice runs from scrimmage by Blakley (22) and McCoy (34). Looked like some zone reads by the QB, Williams (9), who handed off a couple of three times to Blakley who was electrifying. Williams also had a couple of long throws for TDs.

It appears that the Canes just keep on rolling.

Central is more than a little down. The don't seem to have the athletes that they used to have. It's hard to believe that the score in the Oak Ridge game at 34-0 should have been worse. I hope that they can eventually get it back together, some of the OR/Central games in the past were classics. I think AC wins this one easily.

Who would have thought that Central could be staring at 0-4 after Friday night? This is a huge game for Central, who desperately needs to right the ship. The good news for the Bobcats is that this is their first 5A district game of the year. For AC, this is the beginning of a tough 4-game stretch (Powell, Halls, and OR follow). The Mavericks looked very good against CC, after a close loss to Morristown East.

I just don't know how Central can avoid a loss to this talented Maverick team. AC wins 28-14.

Indiangiver, I can only hope that you know about Wilson's work ethic on a firsthand basis....It would be a shame to get on here and bash a kid based on heresay. Wilson will get D1 looks based on his size, speed, and athleticism; but probably not on the SEC level. I hope I'm wrong, but i see Wilson at MTSU or something on a similar level. Good luck to the MAVS and Josh against Central!