Cloudland and Avery

pujo

I remember a young Hampton team that went 3-7 in 1994. They had a bunch of young freshman and sophomores that year. The same bunch went to the quarterfinals in 1996. Youth has a lot to do with how good a team is. Every now and then you get freshmen like Mark Byrd who was better than a lot of seniors. That Hampton team improved over the course of 3 seasons. I've seen Cloudland do it too. They were young in 1997 when they went 2-8. The next year, they turned it into 8-2. Young kids have to grow physically and learn more about the sport mentally as well. Most freshman and soph. are only average and they are not going to compete with the older kids. I'm sure BigBlue and his staff will work with these young kids and they will get better. Sometimes people need to think about what it would be like if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are ssssssoooooooo UNDISCIPLINED at the moment. HOW MANY PENALTIES DID WE HAVE TONIGHT? we had more penalty yards than yards from scrimmage. why??????????????????

I don't know how many penalties we had, but I've never seen a Cloudland team this undisciplined. I played ball with a bunch of renegades but I don't remember ever having a player ejected back in them days. Its just a sign of the times. Now one of our better players will have to sit out next week against the Creekers. Right now, I don't know if we could come within 3 touchdowns of the Creekers. I hope everyone is not too shocked if it happens. I really don't mean to upset anyone, but Cloudland football is not applying the same principles that made our program so great back in the 90's and earlier in this decade.

P.S. The views of this poster are his own and do not reflect the views of anyone else.

We are ssssssoooooooo UNDISCIPLINED at the moment. HOW MANY PENALTIES DID WE HAVE TONIGHT? we had more penalty yards than yards from scrimmage. why??????????????????

I don't know how many penalties we had, but I've never seen a Cloudland team this undisciplined. I played ball with a bunch of renegades but I don't remember ever having a player ejected back in them days. Its just a sign of the times. Now one of our better players will have to sit out next week against the Creekers. Right now, I don't know if we could come within 3 touchdowns of the Creekers. I hope everyone is not too shocked if it happens. I really don't mean to upset anyone, but Cloudland football is not applying the same principles that made our program so great back in the 90's and earlier in this decade.

P.S. The views of this poster are his own and do not reflect the views of anyone else.

Hopefully, Cloudland will play their best game of the year.

Hey Pujo, I was wondering if you still think Cloudland will steamroll Cosby. You saw first hand last night why I think it will be hard for Cloudland to win at Cosby.

Sort of mixed feelings, need to correct some things. They have better players than Cosby,but really don't have alot of margin for error.