OC vs Covington

PowerSet

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC does have the team speed to keep the Chargers from getting to the corner. If they ever do make it to the corner, then Covington will probably score. Thats not a question. But, whichever team executes best (Offense, Defense, & Special Teams) will win the game. By no means am I guaranteeing an Obion Co. win. But at the same time, a Covington win isn't a given either.

I agree that a win against Lake County doesnt prove anything. A win against the Titans wouldn't mean much either. Thats why the game will be played this Friday. Regardless of the outcome, it will be fun to watch.

Posted by dynasty03:

no need to apologize, sorry for seeming to jump down your through. still sort of on an emotional run.

I understand, I know the Puckett's very well and would never do or say anything to hurt them. It has been a hard road for the past week. Central's students, fans, and anyone else that knew Chris has had it very hard.

Don't look for Covington to to start coming back to the field anytime soon, They have as solid of a team as I've seen. They have a 10th grader at QB, MLB, SE, at least two RB's and a Freshmen team that could beat some JV teams in the area. OC will have to have a perfect game and Covington will have to have a let down for OC to win. The one thing OC does have going for them is a great passing game, and a great QB. Covington has not been tested through the air. It should be a great game, I can't wait for Friday Night. You OC fans have a safe trip the Tipton Co. Bring a large croud and lets make some noise!!!

3 things happen when you throw the ball. 1-incompletion 2- interception 3- completion. 66% of that is bad. Not good percentages. You must be able to run the ball also. Incompletions stop the clock and gives the Chargers more time with the ball and obviously interceptions are turnovers. In order for Obion to win, they must complete passes in bounds, keep the clock rolling, and hope Covington fumbles 5 times.

Much of Obion Co's passing game involves short screens and laterals to running backs and receivers. Though they are thrown as forward passes, since they are caught behind the line and blockers are out in front, they are technically running plays. I know, they are not handoffs, but still, when these are averaged in, OC averages better than 200 yards on the ground.

I agree that Obion Co hasnt seen a defense with the speed or athletes that Covington will throw at them. But Covington hasn't seen an offense as versitile and unpredictable as the one OC will bring Friday night this year, either.

Good luck to both teams.

Last year, OC had two picked that resulted in TD's, thats a 28 point swing. One of those picks returned for a td in the endzone from the 4yard line. A blocked punt, and 4 dropped td passes and gave up 12 sacks, you do the figuring.

If OC comes out and produces just a little bit of offense and is sound on defense, OC wins this game. And as far as Covington having to fumble 5 times for OC to win, it would help, but from what I have heard about Covington is that they'll put it on the ground at least half a dozen times per game. Does anyone have any stats on how many times they have fumbled the ball?

This will be a good game, Is this Covington's homecoming?

This is not Covington's Home Coming. Don't look for them to put the ball on the ground 5 or 6 times. I can't remember too many fumbles this year. We did have one aginst Brighton that was picked up by Granberry and advanced for about 20 yards. Bad play, good results. The refs have had more yards aginst Covington than the teams they have played. Thats about the only weakness Covington has shown. Does OC have any running game at all? If they could mix the run and pass they would have a better chance. Covington's D-back field seems to be better than last year when we traveled to OC. That was a good game early on.