OC vs Covington

PowerSet

No way would Ripley hang with Covington. Ripley will be beat at halftime of the Covington game. Brighton might beat Ripley. That will be more of a game than Ripley/Covington. Ripley is no better than 3rd and everbody in the Region is a step behind Obion and Covington. Obion/Covington will decide Region #1 and #2. No doubt!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC does have a running game, though it is not near what Covington will have. It relies on getting mismatches on the defense and then running where the defense is weakest. OC doesnt have, and probably never will have the speed of Covington, but when the defense focuses on the pass and drops back into coverage, OC will try to hit them quick. OC doesnt have the power set to run over defenses, but decent speed to attack when they need to.

oc's defense will have to play the game of their lives to stop covingtion's run, if the have a player go down the have another ready to step up and fill in like nothing has happened. oc will have to go deep some because covingtion will hit the recievers as soon sa they catch the short passes.

COVINGTION 35

OC 20

COVINGTION IS JUST TO ATHLETIC. :D:D

Guest Prepfootball

we have to same db's from last year that lead the way to a 44-14 victory. stop lifting oc up they have no hope and friday we will prove it come on down to t-county and lets get it on

I don't know how the weather has been in Troy today, but it has been raining all day in Covington. At times, the rain has been very hard today. If the rain doesn't subside, it will be a tremendous plus for the Chargers. It will be extremely difficult for the Rebels to get that air attack going in a torrential downpour.

Prepfootball---

If Obion County is so bad, and Covington is so good, then what does the fact that they played evenly with you the entire game and the 21-13 score say about the Chargers???

(Covington fans- this was not directed at you or your team. Anyone could see that Covington has a great team. Its just meant to show this Sideline Commando Prepfootball that Obion County has a legitimate team this year.)

PS Prepfootball---- how many yards or tackles did you have in the game?? And if you're really brave, what number are you so I can verify your stats???

Congratulations Chargers and good game Rebels! Maybe we'll meet again in November!

Guest Prepfootball

look, we had this whole board posted in our weightroom to fire up the boys. no one gives covington any credit. we are not excellent but we really want to win. oc played well! i thought we would pick more and score. thats why i thought we would roll. oc is good. it was a hard hittin game. sorry if i ticked u but a win is a win

I will say this...if Covington is the best AAA team in the state, then OC can play with anyone. Covington has an excellent team, and some excellent backs, but they need to watch out. The first team they play that has equivalent speed on the outside should be able to stop their running game. Perhaps the most impressive members of the Covington team are their LBs who have great speed and power to get through O lines. It was a great game, and I don't think a rematch in the 3rd round of the playoff would be entirely out of the question. Good luck to Covington the rest of the year, and let's beat UC!