Whats up with Wilson Central

midtnbball002

0-6 now, thanks traye aric

Obviously you feel everything lays at the feet of Traye Aric. Does he drop a punt, miss a block, get a penalty called, fumble the ball, etc? I don't think so. If Kerry Collins throws a pick, do you blame Jeff Fisher or Kerry Collins? Kerry Collins. My point is the coaches can do all they can do, but when it comes down to it, they never set foot on the field.

A lot of the problems this year are coming from home. If the parents would be more supportive both at home & at the games, the players may have a better attitude. Remember, these are kids & whether parents realize it or not, what they say at home does get into the players heads. If a parent is slamming the coaches & other players at home it carries onto the game field.

Parents get your attitudes right. It may surprise you how the attitude of the team will change!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you feel everything lays at the feet of Traye Aric. Does he drop a punt, miss a block, get a penalty called, fumble the ball, etc? I don't think so. If Kerry Collins throws a pick, do you blame Jeff Fisher or Kerry Collins? Kerry Collins. My point is the coaches can do all they can do, but when it comes down to it, they never set foot on the field.

A lot of the problems this year are coming from home. If the parents would be more supportive both at home & at the games, the players may have a better attitude. Remember, these are kids & whether parents realize it or not, what they say at home does get into the players heads. If a parent is slamming the coaches & other players at home it carries onto the game field.

Parents get your attitudes right. It may surprise you how the attitude of the team will change!

As a former player of traye aric, i know exactly where to place the blame. 0-6 isn't due to the players. I was on one of the good teams of traye aric, and let me tell you this. The players on that team, made the plays to win. It was not due to traye aric that the team was any good, it was due to the players. yes, the talent has leveled out at wc. However, the talent is not an 0-6 record. So i would like you to take a seat and remind yourself of what a high school coach is there to do. and that is to win games. In any aspect of football, it doesn't matter how bad your players are, if you cannot win a game then you need to go! Look at any team (Lions, 49ers, tennessee vols) These coaches couldn't win and now they are gone. That is why traye aric should be fired.

The story that happened with Coach Elrod is this. traye aric hired Coach Elrod on during the summer to run the offense, of which Coach Elrod was doing. However, during games a play would be sent down from Coach Elrod to traye aric and instead of just running the play that had been called, traye eric would change the play and running something different that wouldn't work. So Coach Elrod told traye aric that unless he listened to the offensive coor. like he was suppose to do then he would leave. So traye aric told him that it didn't matter to him, because his services weren't needed anymore. Which now looks like a really bad idea, seeing that they have only score 38 points in five games.

wc7!!

(3) things:

1.) I do not think you are a former player

2.) Your tale about Coach Elrod leaving just is not true. He was gone in the winter.............I know, because I saw him about that time and asked him about it, and he simply smiled and said his 1-year contact was not renewed. I also know that while he there; that he and Coach Crane ran the offense; Aric never interfered with them.............Coach Elrod was not there this summer!

Aric; I think decided that he wanted to do the offense; It just has not worked out well; as I am sure he had hoped.

3.) Lighten up dad!!

Elrod was with Hunters Lane as soon as his contract wasn't "renewed." A good experienced man like that is going to get snapped up quickly. He was willing to return but Aric wasn't willing to allow him to run the wing-t any longer. Elrod was shocked with the news. I got that straight from the horse's mouth. Aric applied several places for head coach ....now whether that was b/c he knew his talent pool was down, b/c of politics, or disgruntled parents.....not sure. I just know that he tried to go MANY places and wasn't hired.

As a former player of traye aric, i know exactly where to place the blame. 0-6 isn't due to the players. I was on one of the good teams of traye aric, and let me tell you this. The players on that team, made the plays to win. It was not due to traye aric that the team was any good, it was due to the players. yes, the talent has leveled out at wc. However, the talent is not an 0-6 record. So i would like you to take a seat and remind yourself of what a high school coach is there to do. and that is to win games. In any aspect of football, it doesn't matter how bad your players are, if you cannot win a game then you need to go! Look at any team (Lions, 49ers, tennessee vols) These coaches couldn't win and now they are gone. That is why traye aric should be fired.

You did play for WC, but the best I remember you were part of the 2 & 8 year. A year when like this one, perhaps some of the players read about themselves too much in the paper. A year when the players were more interested in "I" rather than "team". Some of that goes on this year.

You are correct. The talent has leveled off. Is that the coach's fault? How? He has to do his job with the talent he has (remember - recruiting in high school is against TSSAA rules). With all that said, what would be your solution? Instead of consistently criticizing the coach, offer some suggestions that will carry onto the field!!!

I have seen Wilson Central play once this year and i can say that the system isn't the problem. The execution is the problem. They have too many bonehead plays such as missed snaps to QB or poor throws to open receivers, dropped balls by receivers and missed tackles on D. They will get better with time and work. Any complex offense especially if it is new will take time and great coaching in which I have no idea if WC is gonna get either this season or next.

I have seen Wilson Central play once this year and i can say that the system isn't the problem. The execution is the problem. They have too many bonehead plays such as missed snaps to QB or poor throws to open receivers, dropped balls by receivers and missed tackles on D. They will get better with time and work. Any complex offense especially if it is new will take time and great coaching in which I have no idea if WC is gonna get either this season or next.

That falls back directly on the HC then for NOT having them ready before the season starts! As to getting better before the season ends.....that is what 4 games away for them?

The story that happened with Coach Elrod is this. traye aric hired Coach Elrod on during the summer to run the offense, of which Coach Elrod was doing. However, during games a play would be sent down from Coach Elrod to traye aric and instead of just running the play that had been called, traye eric would change the play and running something different that wouldn't work. So Coach Elrod told traye aric that unless he listened to the offensive coor. like he was suppose to do then he would leave. So traye aric told him that it didn't matter to him, because his services weren't needed anymore. Which now looks like a really bad idea, seeing that they have only score 38 points in five games.

wc7!!

(3) things:

2.) Your tale about Coach Elrod leaving just is not true. He was gone in the winter.............I know, because I saw him about that time and asked him about it, and he simply smiled and said his 1-year contact was not renewed. I also know that while he there; that he and Coach Crane ran the offense; Aric never interfered with them.............Coach Elrod was not there this summer!

Aric; I think decided that he wanted to do the offense; It just has not worked out well; as I am sure he had hoped.

3.) Lighten up dad!!

First, i am a former player, and just to add on to that i just got back from my second tour in Iraq. I go to the school and i don't even get a hello from my old coach after i say whatsup. So yeah, part of me wants him gone because he is a jerk. But secondly, i know what talent was under the team during Coach Alexander's term, and what was it was under traye aric, and i can tell you that the team did worse under tray aric, because of traye aric. So if you have anything else to say let me know.

strange comments coming from the "demoted" ex-OC of the defending State Champs. Was execution your problem :thumb:

wc7!!

(3) things:

3.) Lighten up dad!!

First, i am a former player, and just to add on to that i just got back from my second tour in Iraq. I go to the school and i don't even get a hello from my old coach after i say whatsup. So yeah, part of me wants him gone because he is a jerk. But secondly, i know what talent was under the team during Coach Alexander's term, and what was it was under traye aric, and i can tell you that the team did worse under tray aric, because of traye aric. So if you have anything else to say let me know.

First of all, thank you for your service to our country. I am sorry for your disappointment in this "adult role model", but there is pattern here. I think it is difficult for an "adult role model" to speak of attitude, of commitment, of team, of loyalty, etc, and then not practice what is preached. It is also called common courtesy!

This type behavior speaks volumes about this persons' character. I am not at all surprised.

Go Beech Bucs