Whats up with Wilson Central

midtnbball002

Team "O"

You must be a relative or close friend...............WC now listen carefully...........cut your losses!!

go Bucs

Neither Rapid. Just a fan who has been around since the beginning & is embarrassed by the actions of the parents this season. Do I totally agree with everything? No, I don't. Should the coaches be gone? Don't ask me. It's not my decision. I do know that the nonsupport for the coaches has gotten into the boys' heads.

Let me ask you one question, if you do not mind. Have you had a son play for him?

Yes.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team "O"

You must be a relative or close friend...............WC now listen carefully...........cut your losses!!

go Bucs

Neither Rapid. Just a fan who has been around since the beginning & is embarrassed by the actions of the parents this season. Do I totally agree with everything? No, I don't. Should the coaches be gone? Don't ask me. It's not my decision. I do know that the nonsupport for the coaches has gotten into the boys' heads.

Let me ask you one question, if you do not mind. Have you had a son play for him?

Yes.

Go figure. I'd bet the only reason your son got to play is because you brown nosed traye aric with booster club money.

Yes.

Go figure. I'd bet the only reason your son got to play is because you brown nosed traye aric with booster club money.

WC 7,

I asked Team Observer that question, because of my sons' experience playing for the man. It was not a good experience! I really feel that TO is not a a parent; he probably wears a whistle (LOL), or is a very close relative. WC must have some good defensive coaches; the defensive game plan was apparently excellent vs Hendersonville.

Hendersonville has been scoring on offense well in all games. Ya'll just need to see if he can buy a refresher course on that new offense. Their might be some buyer's remorse on the purchase of that product!! Does anyone know who actually bought that stuff for him? I really had no idea that a coach could or would "buy" a pre-packaged offense; kind of embarrassing if it does not work :roflol:

go Bucs

Yes.

WC 7,

I asked Team Observer that question, because of my sons' experience playing for the man. It was not a good experience! I really feel that TO is not a a parent; he probably wears a whistle (LOL), or is a very close relative. WC must have some good defensive coaches; the defensive game plan was apparently excellent vs Hendersonville.

Hendersonville has been scoring on offense well in all games. Ya'll just need to see if he can buy a refresher course on that new offense. Their might be some buyer's remorse on the purchase of that product!! Does anyone know who actually bought that stuff for him? I really had no idea that a coach could or would "buy" a pre-packaged offense; kind of embarrassing if it does not work :)

go Bucs

Interesting assumption from WC07 - Of course, you know what they say about assuming. As previously stated, I have supported the Wildcats from the beginning through the very lean years to the better years to the 2-8 year back to the good years & now a down year. To my recollection, there has been only one year as bad as this one where the fans are concerned . . . the 2-8 year. During that year, the fans acted the same - yelling at the coaches & blaming the players with statements like, "if your son would (fill in the blank), we would win.

As a parent of someone who has played for WCHS, do I wish it could have been a better football experience? Yes. However, it is not my place to decide who goes or who stays and it sure isn't my place to act like an idiot in the stands. It is my place to support my team through thick & thin. It is my place to yell for the team when they do good & hurt for them when they don't.

Interesting assumption from WC07 - Of course, you know what they say about assuming. As previously stated, I have supported the Wildcats from the beginning through the very lean years to the better years to the 2-8 year back to the good years & now a down year. To my recollection, there has been only one year as bad as this one where the fans are concerned . . . the 2-8 year. During that year, the fans acted the same - yelling at the coaches & blaming the players with statements like, "if your son would (fill in the blank), we would win.

As a parent of someone who has played for WCHS, do I wish it could have been a better football experience? Yes. However, it is not my place to decide who goes or who stays and it sure isn't my place to act like an idiot in the stands. It is my place to support my team through thick & thin. It is my place to yell for the team when they do good & hurt for them when they don't.

Mr Observer,

I have been to all the games and I have heard the grumblings, but I have not heard anything directed at players. Everything that I have heard had been directed at the WC leader. Maybe you are setting with a different group (getting kinda thin where I am setting).

I began going to WC games; the first winning season (under Alexander when Elrod came), and yes the wheels came off when Coach Alexander and Elrod left. That year was hard to understand and here is what makes it that way; there was a godd group of returning players.

The next year with basically the same group of players; they had best season in WC history, and then followed that with another good season, and then the WC leader sends the coach packing (*note many parents/players think that the "old" (with respect!!) coach had a lot to do with that turn-around). Whether it is true or not.......or that you agree or not; that is what many think!! ( I do).

Has there been too much ill-spirited grumblings?...............that would be a large YES!!

So, get up for the Bears...........a win here could salvage much from a down year; after the way we played last week; it can happen!!

Go Glade Cats

Mr Observer,

I have been to all the games and I have heard the grumblings, but I have not heard anything directed at players. Everything that I have heard had been directed at the WC leader. Maybe you are setting with a different group (getting kinda thin where I am setting).

I began going to WC games; the first winning season (under Alexander when Elrod came), and yes the wheels came off when Coach Alexander and Elrod left. That year was hard to understand and here is what makes it that way; there was a godd group of returning players.

The next year with basically the same group of players; they had best season in WC history, and then followed that with another good season, and then the WC leader sends the coach packing (*note many parents/players think that the "old" (with respect!!) coach had a lot to do with that turn-around). Whether it is true or not.......or that you agree or not; that is what many think!! ( I do).

Has there been too much ill-spirited grumblings?...............that would be a large YES!!

So, get up for the Bears...........a win here could salvage much from a down year; after the way we played last week; it can happen!!

Mom -

I have never questioned that Elrod had a positive effect on the team. He did. He motivated the boys & they wanted to play for him. What I have questioned is the midseason actions of the parents & the effect that all of this has had on the players. Ask them. They know all that has gone on & they hear the negative comments on the sideline.

At this point, every WCHS fan has an opinion. Some are good, some are bad, but most need to be left unsaid until after the season. That has been my point all along. There is a time & a place for everything & now is not the time and games are certainly not the place.

So, come on Cats show the Bears what you are made of. You can do it!!!

Someone told me "Quit worrying, things could get worse"! So, I quit worrying.........and sure enough; things got worse!

I was afraid that we might get embarrassed, and the Bears embarrassed us. Only thing looming now that could remotely be worse; is losing to Portland. Hopefully not!

Keep your heads up Cats!! :popcorneater:

I went to the Mount Juliet game and one thing became apparently clear. This offensive system sucks. The only reason they gained yards was due to the quarterback running for his life and making plays. The players on the team are not the problem and the parents are not either. The offensive playcalling was awful to say the least. Running the ball on 3rd and 10? Are you not trying to win the game? Wilson Central clearly had a lot of talent, but the coaching once again was subpar and left them hanging. The only reason they even got three points was due to a Mount Juliet Special Teams error. So with wilson central only scoring a fourth of the points that they have given up, it is clear that there are problems on both sides of the ball. And don't reply saying that the parents were complaining, because to be quite honest. Parents will complain when the team is doing good or bad, stop making excuses.

I went to the Mount Juliet game and one thing became apparently clear. This offensive system sucks. The only reason they gained yards was due to the quarterback running for his life and making plays. The players on the team are not the problem and the parents are not either. The offensive playcalling was awful to say the least. Running the ball on 3rd and 10? Are you not trying to win the game? Wilson Central clearly had a lot of talent, but the coaching once again was subpar and left them hanging. The only reason they even got three points was due to a Mount Juliet Special Teams error. So with wilson central only scoring a fourth of the points that they have given up, it is clear that there are problems on both sides of the ball. And don't reply saying that the parents were complaining, because to be quite honest. Parents will complain when the team is doing good or bad, stop making excuses.

I have sit back and read all this stuff and now I have some questions for you:

How many games have you seen in the last 3 years? When they were 8-2 with the same coaches except Wes Elrod, nobody was in the stands trashing the team. Before you start, everybody agrees that coach Elrod was a genius.

What would you have done on 3rd and 10? Pass is just what MJ thought too. I'm not in any way defending the play calling, but its alot easier to make these calls from your seat and mine.

And what kind of special teams mistake caused a 51 yard field goal. Give Jackson his due and not try to take a school record to the gutter along with everything else.

Are you ready to fire ALL the coaches or have you just targeted Aric?

If the job becomes available maybe YOU could apply and WC could get back on top.

I have sit back and read all this stuff and now I have some questions for you:

How many games have you seen in the last 3 years? When they were 8-2 with the same coaches except Wes Elrod, nobody was in the stands trashing the team. Before you start, everybody agrees that coach Elrod was a genius.

What would you have done on 3rd and 10? Pass is just what MJ thought too. I'm not in any way defending the play calling, but its alot easier to make these calls from your seat and mine.

And what kind of special teams mistake caused a 51 yard field goal. Give Jackson his due and not try to take a school record to the gutter along with everything else.

Are you ready to fire ALL the coaches or have you just targeted Aric?

If the job becomes available maybe YOU could apply and WC could get back on top.

We had him and it was basically the same misery. Thank goodness our principal had to foresight to make the change. We had a great coach when Holmes was here; we are back there again with Crabtree.