York @ Cannon County 9-18-09

Bees3268

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to the game was a game of 2 halfs first half was all york and they should've put the game away running rough shod all over cannon county during the rain then the second half the rain stopped and the bleeding started for york they turned the ball over consistantly then cannon finally connected on a nice touchdown pass which totally turned the momentum in this game. cannons defence was solid in the second half and if it wasn't for their defence they wouldn't have even been in the game. congrats to cannon on the win and york hopefully will learn from the loss and bounce back keep your head up boys!!!

Congratulations Cannon Co. No matter what the negative people say on here, you've had a tough schedule...great comeback against DeKalb Co. and beating York proves you have a good team and will be in the playoff hunt. Hang this loss on the York coach...same plays over and over even when Cannon had adjusted and stopped them. York was running all over them in the first half and at one point had over 100 yards to Cannon's zero. The Lions only had 3 first downs in the first half. They came out ready to play and obviously their coach knew how to adjust. The worst call was when York got the ball at their own 40 with about 5 minutes to go and still time to come back. There was a penalty and instead of taking the ball with good field position ON A MUDDY FIELD, the coach had Cannon kick it again, even though a fumble was a huge risk due to conditions...sure enough a fumble and Cannon Co. recovered. Up until now I thought he was a very good coach, but on the radio afterwards he blamed the team for the loss. 4-1 is still great and hopefully Reynolds will heal and be able to play on a good ankle soon.

Bobcat, obviously it was a stupid decision to re-kick the ball. I mean there was only five minutes left in the game, as you said, and the offensive drives were not effective the second half, as you said, so it was ridiculous to gamble that the special teams might have had a chance to return the ball for better field position, or even to run it back for a touchdown. I mean that's not happened this year, right? And, of course the coaching staff should have known a fumble was going to happen. It's not like the field wasn't so sloppy that a fumble could have occurred on every single play. One might even speculate that a fumble could have occurred even if they had not re-kicked the ball.

I listened to the post-game interview as well, and I did not hear any blame being placed. I heard the coach voice unhappiness with the fumbles and turnovers and concern over the QB's ankle. In fact, I got the impression that was why York was running the same plays so often. Attempts to pass the second half ended up with interceptions, and hand offs were dropped; the QB's ankle was also bothering him so he was unable to get to the corners so Cannon started loading the line. Basically, I heard that they run a veer offense, and the boys had trouble running it Friday night.

You obviously think you have the expertise to determine good coaches from bad coaches. You might advertise you services because I am sure programs could use a man with your talent. Just what is your coaching background, by the way?

Cannon County played a great second half, and I really admired their heart, for they could have easily given up after the first half. Congratulations.

Bobcat, I found myself unable to stop thinking about your astute comments, and just had to add one more thought before I stop riding your butt.

You said that you thought that York had a good coach until Friday night, but you now realize he is a bad one. Let's do the math . . . you can do the math, right???? York has played five games. You thought the coach was a good coach for four of them, according to your comments. So thus far, that makes the coach a good coach 80 percent of the time, and a bad coach 20 percent of the time. Hmmmmmmm. . . I'm pretty sure those odds are in the coach's favor.

I, myself, have not finalized a decision concerning the coach's idiocy because we are only half way through the season. Perhaps you might dig deep inside yourself and do the same, though I doubt either one of us has enough savvy to make that determination to begin with. See, I know my place. I'm just a fan. By the way, didn't I see where he was Upper Cumberland Coach of the Year in 2008? Obviously someone must have been way off base or they didn't talk to you first.