Humboldt @ South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow is right. I'm very impressed with the Red Devils. Way to go! Someone please tell us what happened in this game? And, you have to be especially impressed when you realize that South Fulton starts and plays a lot of freshmen...a lot of them. Wow!

I agree..I thought Humboldt would win this game by 3 touchdowns with Cambell playing..Looks like it's going to be several teams in the hunt for the 2nd place and possibly wild card as a 3rd place..No of us can afford any slip ups..!Congrats to South Fulton..Looks like they played really well.!

Cambell didnt even start playing untill like the second half. there was one bad call by the refs that wouldve been a sure td. #32 R.Wedley basically just took the ball right out of SF fullback's hands and was half way to the touchdown when they blew the whistle and call it down by forward progress. that wouldve been two TD's scored by HBT on defense. the other was when SF's QB threw to a WR behind him on like a hot and the WR dropped it and HBT's #9 KJ Montague picked it up and ran about fifty yards for HBT's second TD :thumb:

Well this one was definitely a weird one... it was a close one but..the refs did take away two touchdowns of ours on very questionable calls.The vikings defense just couldnt find the answer to SF's motion sweep play..that's basically how they marched down the field on all of their scoring drives.Campbell did see limited action in this one you could clearly tell that he was not 100% he was slower & just wasnt his usual self.All though he did have a about a 60 yrd. td run called back on a blocking in the back or clipping call that was miles away from the play & shouldnt have been called.. but hey? that's football right? Humboldt kinda got down on themselves & didn't play to their full potential.

The Vikings travel to McKenzie this week for an sure to be great match up!

You goota give it to the Red Devils for putting up a stellar game against the vikings even in the loss. Many, even myself thought we would get blown out, but we did a great job. The dfense improved greatly. Did a great job swarming to the ball and making contact in the backfield all night. I will say their were some questionable calls made but for both teams favor. Avents second carry was a counter play up the middle and no one could catch him and went for 60 yards plus i believe, also had a td reception from fresh. qb Jaquay Garmon. Chance Barnes also had a good game having a rushing td and got outside on the vikings d quiet a bit and had one the could have went for a td and supposively stepped out of bounds on the sf sideline.

We seemed to be able to move the ball at will on the corners as well as up the middle with Jared Fowler. We lead 21-18 right into the 4th quarter where we ate up about 10-12 minutes of the clock in the 3rd. Then Humbolt did the same when the scored with 1:50 left in the game on a qb sneek by Dunbar. The vikings just didnt give us enough time left on the clock to do anything with though.

Congrats to the vikings on the w and yall were lucky to escape SF with this one. We got gleason next week and if we play like we didnt against them as we did humboldt then we win by 21 points plus. Good luck next week vikings against mckenzie.

Wow is right. I'm very impressed with the Red Devils. Way to go! Someone please tell us what happened in this game? And, you have to be especially impressed when you realize that South Fulton starts and plays a lot of freshmen...a lot of them. Wow!

I agree..I thought Humboldt would win this game by 3 touchdowns with Cambell playing..Looks like it's going to be several teams in the hunt for the 2nd place and possibly wild card as a 3rd place..No of us can afford any slip ups..!Congrats to South Fulton..Looks like they played really well.!

I believe i say in a early post and telling people that Humboldt's defense was not strong. Their offense is their defense if u kept Humboldt's offense off the field u got a excellent chance of beating Hmboldt. They have gave 95 points and scored 93. Yes i realize that 55 were against Henry County and Milan they best step it up against Mckenzie if not it will be a long night! Bland better put more in the play book friday than Campbell. Because Mckenzie will eat up Humboldt! You know as i do defense wins games!! :popcorneater: