DB v. jeff co

Guest jon52

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Jacob McMillan is a top player, but DB has the talent to win but they don't have the talent where they need it, QB. I've said it before and I'll say it again unless they make a change at QB then they will lose, the sad part is DB's starting QB isn't even the best one on the team, so that should tell you something about the decision making by the coaches. Well as much as it pains me, well not really, but I'll say Jeff Co. 32 DB 21 and I'm being generous to DB on that one

I don't have any clue where you are getting the information to decide that Brent Mears is a terrible QB. That kid is the only reason why DB hasn't lost every game this year. He almost won the MBA game by himself. That really upsets me that a DB fan (who I presume has been to the games) would get on here and dog their QB, who happens to be leading the conference in passing. Brent Mears is so much better than Scott Butler was that it is not even funny. He runs the option better, he throws a better ball, he has better arm strength, and he makes better decisions. He just doesn't have Chris Henry and Gerald Sensabaugh to throw the ball to. You have really upset me with those comments.

Yes we see that he had a good game against MBA, and well we all saw what has happened to them in the recent weeks, they've been beat so if ya look at it DB should have beat them, grant cramps played a big part but come on I didn't see any MBA players getting cramps and that's a sign of good conditioning. Then South got drilled by North so I wouldn't exactly be boasting about the win over South and I saw that game and might I add that there were a few blown coverages in South's secondary that if the QB hadn't completed that pass then he shouldn't even be there. Now on the subject, I'll flat out say I don't think they can win a state title or even make it to the playoffs with the guy at QB right now, we saw what happened against Greeneville, if he's so good then why didn't he bring DB back on that one? Just face it he choked he got behind and had to play catch up and let me tell ya if Williams wasn't out there making those catches that he does the QB wouldn't have half the numbers that he has now. Yeah the QB is ok heck I gotta give the kid credit he plays good and he plays hard, but when he had to come from behind to win he didn't pull it out and THAT is what makes a good into a great QB and until he brings them back from behind he will never be a great QB only an ok QB. Let me tell you another thing I've seen some great QBs at DB and well the one that is starting now doesn't even rank in the top 5. Another thing I might point out which I didn't earlier the Defense needs to step it up also and until then it's gonna fall on the QB's shoulders and well if they lose then you can blame whoever you want but we all know what I think should be done about it

Posted by TRIBE1:

That kid is the only reason why DB hasn't lost every game this year.

Let me see here, if I read that right then you're saying DB's Defense is no good? Now I said they need to step up cause last Friday against Greeneville wasn't exactly a good game for them. I like the Defense of DB I think they have some kids that can play on the line and at LB and in the secondary. But let me point one play out to you in the South game. South just got the ball on a punt and were getting ready to score again, they had the ball on the DB 1 yard line and what happened? The defense stepped up and shut them out, sacked the South QB twice and South then missed the FG and if it weren't for that stop I'll bout bet DB wouldn't have recovered. Now I know you're gonna say that DB's QB threw so many touchdowns, well shoot with the blown coverages that South did I'm surprised he didn't have that many touchdowns. So all in all the Defense does have to do better this week and the QB better make an improvement cause if he don't then it'll be a long season for DB. Another thing I would like to point out I never said DB's QB was terrible, maybe that's your subconscious coming out? I said he was ok but he won't take DB where they want to go and that is to the state title game.

Note you might be the winningest team and coach in TN with ZERO, that's right count'em, ZERO state titles. Another thing don't act like the Big East ran through Kingsport for 7 years, you may have won the conference but when Joey Mathews was at Sevier County I remember him kicking the snot out of DB in the playoffs, that's right he did it and yes I know DB beat them in the season but he beat DB when it mattered, the playoffs. So to recap DB has the winningest coach and team with ZERO state titles. Wow I'd be really proud of that. Oh and one more thing if you wanna see a QB who can take his team to the state title game, then take a little trip up to Cloudland and watch that kid play, then ask yourself "Can our QB do that?". Plus I can see who doesn't attend English class on a daily basis, a few misspelled words really helped your argument there. :D Now don't get me wrong, sticking up for your QB shows that you at least have a little faith in him, but you can't honestly sit there and say that the starting QB has the strongest arm on the team, nor is he all that big heaven forbid he should take a really hard it, but the moment he does you might wanna check to see if he can get up. Well I'm done I think I've made a good point here so why don't you go back to English class and then get ready for Jeff Co.

There is no doubt that State titles are the ultimate

goal of every team. However, I for one think it is more

impressive to be a very good PROGRAM that wins year in and

year out. Case in point: what has Sevier County and Red

Bank done since they won their recent state championships?

Everything has to fall into place perfectly to win the State

Championship (no major injuries, a few breaks and great

talent and coaching). The best team in the State doesn't

always win the State Championship.

You don't even remotely sound like a DB fan. You need to change you screen name as far as I am concerned, coming on here dogging a player about his team and his QB. Thats real cool. You are just the kind of person that Db needs around right now. I bet if DB was 4-0, you would be on here talking about Brent Mears for Mr. Fottball. There is no place for people like you around high school football, especially DB football. Pack your bags. ROLL TRIBE!!!!!

First I like the defense more than anything they got some great kids on that line and in the Secondary and that kicker man he's good he'll play ball at a top college, secondly I think the kid at fullback is very good, McMillan is good too but he hurt the team by reacting like he did and getting suspended, third the WR Williams is a great one and last even if DB was 4-0 I sure wouldn't be talking about Mears for Mr. Football. Like I said he ain't the best on the team and I don't care what you think, fact is you're probably a friend of his so lets get an unbiased opinion here. Besides kids you don't know talent at QB I've seen talent at QB, Antwan Smith was good, Nick Vaughn was good those were talents. Go back to the Greeneville game, grant the Defense slipped up but they had their hands full with Lister and Baugh and Mears throwing 3 ints in the game didn't help matters any for them, the Defense was on the field more then the Offense. One thing you might wanna know about football, if your Defense is out on the field more than the Offense then something is wrong. Yeah Sevier Co. might not have done anything in the past few years but at least they've won a title which is more than DB can say. Shoot DB is like the Atlanta Braves of high school football they do good in the season but mess up when it counts the most. Plus I've seen some mess ups while I was at DB and let me tell you it never wavered what I thought I thought DB could win State every year, except THIS year. The Defense and running game can only do so much, after that it falls on the QB and we all saw what happened when he had to play catch up with Greeneville. So just let that sit in your mind for a while to think about and wonder if the same thing will happen if DB gets behind late in the game. Oh and another thing what is it with you kids and not being able to spell? What is it you don't pay attention in English class or something? :D

Posted by DBalumni2000:

Note you might be the winningest team and coach in TN with ZERO, that's right count'em, ZERO state titles. Another thing don't act like the Big East ran through Kingsport for 7 years, you may have won the conference but when Joey Mathews was at Sevier County I remember him kicking the snot out of DB in the playoffs, that's right he did it and yes I know DB beat them in the season but he beat DB when it mattered, the playoffs. So to recap DB has the winningest coach and team with ZERO state titles. Wow I'd be really proud of that. Oh and one more thing if you wanna see a QB who can take his team to the state title game, then take a little trip up to Cloudland and watch that kid play, then ask yourself "Can our QB do that?". Plus I can see who doesn't attend English class on a daily basis, a few misspelled words really helped your argument there. :D Now don't get me wrong, sticking up for your QB shows that you at least have a little faith in him, but you can't honestly sit there and say that the starting QB has the strongest arm on the team, nor is he all that big heaven forbid he should take a really hard it, but the moment he does you might wanna check to see if he can get up. Well I'm done I think I've made a good point here so why don't you go back to English class and then get ready for Jeff Co.

Just a little correction here, and everyone knows I'm not a D-B apologist. The Indians do not have any championships in the 'Modern' era (1969-present) or when the state went from all comers to three classes. They do have state titles in the 40s and 50s. I'm sure some D-B historian knows exactly when and who played on those teams position by position.

There D-B sheep! I didn't bash you this time!

[Edited by KevB1990 on 9-19-02 9:25P]