District 13a

MustangRep21

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Sandy returns 2 starters (Cox and Snow) and their sixth man (Jordan Melton) who contributed alot last year.. I agree that Huntingdon and West Carroll will be up there also.. Huntigdon may have all their starters back but are working with a new coach.. I think it will be competetive between those 3..Anybody know anything about Dresden? Can't wait.. :popcorneater:

i think we have the ability to repeat this year, we have a new player, Dillon Moore from Waverly who is a pretty good player, also Jordan Melton has stepped it up a lot and he will be a great addition to our starting line-up. we also have some guys that can come off the bench. we have plenty of quickness and speed, but we do lack height. our tallest player would be Jordan Melton(6'3-4)and than we have some that are 6'0 and 6'1.and yes the only returning starters would be cox and snow but cox is very quick and can score on just about anyone you put in front of him. he is a VERY great player and i'm thinking he will dominate this year, (my opinion so don't hate). But of course WC is going to be a great team and from what i hear Huntingdon has improved a lot, other than that id say a lot of the other teams are about how they was from last season (also, my opinion).

In my opinion i believe that the district championship will come down to 3 teams, Big Sandy, West Carroll, and Huntingdon, i also believe that people are underestimating Clarksburg, because they have a lot of talent around them. Can not wait till the season starts. :popcorneater:

Clarksburg does have talent, bailey(so) is a GREAT athlete and has potential to be a big force for them, also, they have a so thats real tall(6'4-5 maybe?), id say by his sr year he will be pretty good

I am a huge Big Sandy fan and I believe that we will be down quite a bit this year. BS mainly plays only 5 to 6 players so after last years losses you only have 3 to 4 with any good bit of playing time. I think that coach Armstrong is a good coach but he needs to get on these kids and if they don't do as he wants he needs to get on them.

Chris Cox can be a good player, but, he needs to realize that he is not the team, he tries to create and most of the time he causes turnovers and fouls. Charles Snow is a great outside shooter when he has time to setup and wide open, Snow is a big boy and he needs to be down low in the paint rebounding, not outside the 3 pt line. In my opinion Jordan Melton is gonna be the key to this team, he jumps for rebounds and fights the inside, his downfall is he needs to put on some weight and not let himself get pushed around inside.

They have a couple of young players who could be good if given a chance Phillip Perry can shoot the ball from about anywhere on the court, and Travis Pruitt a Freshman is a widebody and will go after the ball putting his body on the line to get the ball to his team mates, he needs to work on free throws, with the attitude he has if the guys get him the ball underneath he can create and will get to the line alot.

Big Sandy has a real young bench with some good players but, there also are some ball hogs on there and they need to realize that there is no I in the word team, for coach Armstrong and Big Sandy to be good in the future he needs to get some young guys in the rotation and keep the ball hogs off the court.

OOOKKKKK. look this is bull crap first of all snow is a good player and needs 2 b where he is chris has 2 try and make stuff work and the key is us playin 2gether as a team jordan needs 2 b playin tho cuz he is a good player ...im not doggin these kids jus whoever wrote this cuz obvisously u dont know anything bout us or basketball......................... if u were a real big sandy fan you would no at least a lil bit about our team and not be sayin crap about any of us at all, you should be trying to build us up and not trying to tear us down, because that is what you are doing. and besides we have many good seniors and juniors on this team and also a good sophomore (Zack P.)

bsfan 6322,

If you are truly a fan you have to know that the comments you have made are very destructive. This type of behavior is harmful. Coach Armstrong does a good job with what he is presented. Charles Snow can be deadly from the 3 point line that has always been his thing. As far as Cox, he is a very talented player who may try too hard to make things happen but as far as him fouling and making turnovers you are sadly mistaken.He is passionate and tries to do what it takes to win. I think Jordan Melton will be a huge asset if he works hard. Zach Phifer and Sean Suzewitt are improving. Tommy Cunningham, Michael Holt and Dillon Moore are huge assets. We do have alot of talent on the bench and maybe we will have some b games so they can get some experience. But truly if you are a FAN this kind of talk has to stop. :thumb:

First of all, I believe that the Big Sandy Boys Basketball has lost alot of valuable players that were very critical to the team and their CHAMPIONSHIP. The word TEAM needs to very much so be applied to the boy's vocabulary. The word team is not spelled with the letters COX!!! As for the rest of the players, if I played with you guys I would very much so take a stand and stop letting this team be ran by 1 person. Second the team has some really good players that are a valuable asset to another great season if COX would play more than a 1 man team. Third how come everything revolves back around to Cox.

Boys you are a good team, but you guys seriously need to take a stand before you let a good season turn into a bad one.

With all do respect Cox needs to grow up and stop thinking that he is a TEAM, or trying to be like former players. BE YOUR SELF. you will go alot farther!!!!!!! :angry: