Zion vs Ezell-Harding

Weems

I dare say this is the first quality win in school history. Ezell has a great program year in and year out. Good to hear that it was the D that carried us home after that huge td strike from pugh to wally.

Ezell went 0-10 and 1-9 the past two years, they really hasn't been competitive since 2005, and they got destroyed by the one decent team they have played this year...so yea.

I dare say this is the first quality win in school history. Ezell has a great program year in and year out. Good to hear that it was the D that carried us home after that huge td strike from pugh to wally.

Ezell went 0-10 and 1-9 the past two years, they really hasn't been competitive since 2005, and they got destroyed by the one decent team they have played this year...so yea.

ezell harding used to be a "powerhouse" now there struggling to get W's. But congrats to zion on the W.

Ezell may have gone 0-10 and 1-9 in the past 2 years but that was in Division IAA. You would think they'd be a little more competitive in Division II... Guess they just couldn't handle the Pugh to Wahlman offense. Zion finds a way to win again

No...because the new DII-A is VERY good. DCA, DA, USJ, Webb, and ECS as a top 5 (in no specific order) are all very talented. I mean, Zion has had the same QB for 4 years now throwing 40 passes a game so I would expect them to start clicking against not very great teams. And like I said a while back, the ability for them to now give financial aid will draw a ton of kids from Maury County that have filtered through to Williamson County private schools. But let's not act like Zion has really just become a contender (they will be in a few years though). Congrats on a so far successful season, but take it with a little bit of salt.

Ezell may have gone 0-10 and 1-9 in the past 2 years but that was in Division IAA. You would think they'd be a little more competitive in Division II... Guess they just couldn't handle the Pugh to Wahlman offense. Zion finds a way to win again

No...because the new DII-A is VERY good. DCA, DA, USJ, Webb, and ECS as a top 5 (in no specific order) are all very talented. I mean, Zion has had the same QB for 4 years now throwing 40 passes a game so I would expect them to start clicking against not very great teams. And like I said a while back, the ability for them to now give financial aid will draw a ton of kids from Maury County that have filtered through to Williamson County private schools. But let's not act like Zion has really just become a contender (they will be in a few years though). Congrats on a so far successful season, but take it with a little bit of salt.

i dont know if zion will ever draw from maury county to much...i mean i can almost gaurantee the only reason they went to d2 is just to get out of the region they were in in d1. although zion would have prob made it to to the playoffs this year in there old region there was no way they could play with the teams in the region year in and year out like they'll be able to in d2. the main reason they probably wont draw to much our of maury county is because spring hill is on the upswing having there 2 or 3rd pretty good year, Columbia Central is doing extremely well this year, i think(not 100% sure on this) that mt. pleasant is an open zone so almost anyone in maury county can go there anyways. my question is what can zion offer, that these schools dont have? (everyone i've known that has gone to zion has hated it, all but one left at some point)

i dont know if zion will ever draw from maury county to much...i mean i can almost gaurantee the only reason they went to d2 is just to get out of the region they were in in d1. although zion would have prob made it to to the playoffs this year in there old region there was no way they could play with the teams in the region year in and year out like they'll be able to in d2. the main reason they probably wont draw to much our of maury county is because spring hill is on the upswing having there 2 or 3rd pretty good year, Columbia Central is doing extremely well this year, i think(not 100% sure on this) that mt. pleasant is an open zone so almost anyone in maury county can go there anyways. my question is what can zion offer, that these schools dont have? (everyone i've known that has gone to zion has hated it, all but one left at some point)

Not too sure what you meant by your statement that Mt. Pleasant is an "open zone." The high school is just like any other in the county. Students who apply "out of zone" and are accepted follow the same county policies and TSSAA rules that any other athlete at any other school follows. Maybe you were referring to the Middle School of the Visual and Performing Arts--they were not--at least last time I checked--part of TMSAA. Students who choose to "out of zone" follow the county procedures too--but may(and i really don't know) have the right to play sports immediately--without the waiting periods set for high schools by the TSSAA.