Jackson County Visits Gordonsville

croz6110

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCHS and Gville have met on several occasions. In fact, 1974 the Tigers played JC in the G-ville homecoming, Tigers won of course, Ron (Moose) Marshall was playing for Gville yet somehow managed to win friends and influence people during the game.

Districts and conferences have changed during the years as school population and area population changes. Used to be back then the first game of basketball season was between the two schools too but that was a lifetime ago, back in the day of girls halfcourt play and Diane Spivey from JC being one of the few females with a good jump shot.

Good luck to both teams, I'll be there. If not with bellz on at least wearing blue ! LOL :thumb:

JCHS and Gville have met on several occasions. In fact, 1974 the Tigers played JC in the G-ville homecoming, Tigers won of course, Ron (Moose) Marshall was playing for Gville yet somehow managed to win friends and influence people during the game.

Districts and conferences have changed during the years as school population and area population changes. Used to be back then the first game of basketball season was between the two schools too but that was a lifetime ago, back in the day of girls halfcourt play and Diane Spivey from JC being one of the few females with a good jump shot.

Good luck to both teams, I'll be there. If not with bellz on at least wearing blue ! LOL :thumb:

These teams will be meeting up in a Hall of Fame Game November 17th at JC. So it looks like things are changing back, except for the girls half court part.

last night proves things that i already have known. one,that monterey was weak 3 and 1. two, gordonsville was a strong 0 and 3. three, our underclassmen are very talented. four, we really need to block better up front so the drop back pass can be an option , that will also help run game. honestly i thought the wildcat wing t would be crap, it was not. the tiger D showed the bend but dont break mentality.thats what it takes, good job boys. next week gordonsville takes the field from jackson co. right now i believe the tigers win, but need to see a few things before i predict the final score. righ now it looks 35 TO 7. we will have to see. are you with me on this post croz, whats your take.

last night proves things that i already have known. one,that monterey was weak 3 and 1. two, gordonsville was a strong 0 and 3. three, our underclassmen are very talented. four, we really need to block better up front so the drop back pass can be an option , that will also help run game. honestly i thought the wildcat wing t would be crap, it was not. the tiger D showed the bend but dont break mentality.thats what it takes, good job boys. next week gordonsville takes the field from jackson co. right now i believe the tigers win, but need to see a few things before i predict the final score. righ now it looks 35 TO 7. we will have to see. are you with me on this post croz, whats your take.

I think we could do a straight drop back pass now, I just don't think they choose too, or they don't have it.

As far as our defense, they looked to be out of position a lot, and when Monterey did throw it, they had some open receivers.

Jackson County will throw the ball a lot, but we have an experience secondary that responded well against the pass against Smith County, which is a pass first offense. I'll have to wait on predicting a score.

I think we could do a straight drop back pass now, I just don't think they choose too, or they don't have it.

As far as our defense, they looked to be out of position a lot, and when Monterey did throw it, they had some open receivers.

Jackson County will throw the ball a lot, but we have an experience secondary that responded well against the pass against Smith County, which is a pass first offense. I'll have to wait on predicting a score.

i think we get plenty of pressure on the qb. all i am saying is drop back pass over the top break their back early and let the run game set in. we have the big play guys to do so. draw first blood dont let up show everyone this is a top five 1a team. i know they are.what i like is seeing our young players getting playing time with the starters. sending the youngsters straight into the fire is a very good tool to use to see who responds. so far most have responded. gordonsville should start their way back to the top this season and stay there for a long while. watch out, the young tigers seem hungry ,and with the right prep work will be hard to beat here on out. good luck GHS!