Karns vs. Powell

balleret

Karns has won ONE game this year against a team that turn the ball over 4 or 5 times, I would hardly call 40 to 13 against central a close game. The most impressive thing about this team is the qb he is doing a good job working with his young rec core. I posted earlier Powell is not looking for thier first win if that was the case Powell would be a 3td favorite.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote]

Wow! This statement above suprises me coming from you... didnt you take your son away from powell to a private school?

Ask the Knox County School Board about that. I was up front in the battle against the rezoning, check the papers, radio, tv, public meetings, etc... So don't get on here and act like I dissed on the community or anything. I chose not to take "bogus" routes to stay in the Powell school zone because I didn't want to be looking over my shoulder constantly and subjecting any athletic teams my kids played on to disqualification for non-eligible players. I support Powell at every chance I get and I take offense to you suggesting otherwise. I have friends and family attending Powell, I coached many of those guys on the field on friday nights, and I still live in Powell. So if you're still "surprised" that I would mention that Hunter Hodge is a great kid to have your or my kid hang around, you don't have a clue.

]Hunter is no doubt a great kid and as others have said his presence in the locker room will be sorely missed, if nothing else.

As for the above bickering, I know that this board isn't the place for it so I'll say my piece and move on. I, personally, have a problem with you, footballdad, saying that you "coached" a lot of the kids playing for Powell right now. I would argue that those kids just happened to be on the team that you hijacked to promote your own son's open recruiting. And in doing so also probably hindered Hodge's development as a quartback when he should have been a two year starter for the middle school team... Not that he would have been running the high school's offense and defense because you decided you knew better than Coach Lowe and Coach Wilks.

But I digress, I know that my son and his friends are still pretty burnt up that they lost to karns last year in freshman ball (their only loss of the year). Since there are a ton of sophomore playing I would say that could tend toward a very motivated and focused panther football team on friday night. Things looked to be clicking offensively for Powell last week and I am 1000% confident that coach Hawkins and

coach wilks will have the defensive secondary more prepared this Friday night. Should be a close game but I see Powell winning it by making a play late it the fourth quarter. Does anyone have the all time series record on this game? I know this is a pretty heated rivalry so I was just wondering what those numbers look like.

]Hunter is no doubt a great kid and as others have said his presence in the locker room will be sorely missed, if nothing else.

As for the above bickering, I know that this board isn't the place for it so I'll say my piece and move on. I, personally, have a problem with you, footballdad, saying that you "coached" a lot of the kids playing for Powell right now. I would argue that those kids just happened to be on the team that you hijacked to promote your own son's open recruiting. And in doing so also probably hindered Hodge's development as a quartback when he should have been a two year starter for the middle school team... Not that he would have been running the high school's offense and defense because you decided you knew better than Coach Lowe and Coach Wilks.

But I digress, I know that my son and his friends are still pretty burnt up that they lost to karns last year in freshman ball (their only loss of the year). Since there are a ton of sophomore playing I would say that could tend toward a very motivated and focused panther football team on friday night. Things looked to be clicking offensively for Powell last week and I am 1000% confident that coach Hawkins and

coach wilks will have the defensive secondary more prepared this Friday night. Should be a close game but I see Powell winning it by making a play late it the fourth quarter. Does anyone have the all time series record on this game? I know this is a pretty heated rivalry so I was just wondering what those numbers look like.

PowellPanther4Life:

Just like everyone else, you are entitled to your opinion. Sorry you have a problem with the way I coached. I loved every second that I invested in those boys/families, and I have no regrets. As far as my son, his play and character stands on it's own. "Open recruiting" is just a comment that reflects your lack of knowledge about the situation and some bitterness towards me personally. You said your peace, now I've said mine. I still support the Panthers when given the chance, including ALL the kids I "hijacked" along the way.

Boy, this thread has really gotten hijacked. Can I make a suggestion?

If one poster has an issue with another, don't bring everybody else in to it. There is a feature on this forum called Private Message that would be more appropriate for that kind of thing.

Now back to the subject at hand:

The key to the game, in my opinion, will be Karn's ability to throw the football. If they can, it will be a real football game. I believe that Powell will run the ball well and use the run to set up the pass downfield.

Should be an interesting football game. Powell needs to get off the snide in the "new" Scarbro Stadium. They haven't won at home yet this year.

This game is also huge for playoff potential for Powell. They have three home games left - Karns, Hardin Valley, and Campbell County. They need to sweep those three games to make sure they get themselves in the playoffs. That would give the Panthers 4 district wins, which should get them in. If they can't hold serve at home, then they would need to win at Central in week 9. Lose two and you also have to beat Clinton on the road to likely get in. That makes this a huge week for Powell.

Looks like rain + more rain. This will not favor Karns. After Central ran wild in the 1st half, watch for some defensive adjustments by Karns tonight. Anybody (without a persistent anti-Karns bias) who was at the Central game last week would agree that it WAS a decent game until mid 4th qtr. In fact, at the 21-13 point in the 3rd qtr a Karns receiver missed a perfectly thrown TD pass that could have tied the game. Early in the 4th qtr a Karns receiver missed a very catchable TD pass that would have made it 27-20. As far as talking to the Karns admin about the coaches, this sounds like more of the same griping. I don't like to argue with young people that I don't even know but perhaps GoKarns your problem is that you didn't get the amount of PT you wanted and you're upset? You once said other former players would be posting but I've never seen any. Perhaps the other consistently anti-Karns poster (Balleret) is your dad? If so I'd suggest that both of you go together to talk to Dr. Davis and Mr. Chandler. If the Karns coaches were that great they'd probably have moved on to the college or pro ranks by now. But good or not-so-good they're what we've got for now so why don't you two talk about something else until after the season - especially since you two apparently don't play and/or have any kids playing?

The rain won't help but I still say the "can do" Beavers show up and win one. Does Michael Norman still play for Powell? Does he still like chop blocks and other questionable tactics or has he cleaned up his act a little bit?

Looks like rain + more rain. This will not favor Karns. After Central ran wild in the 1st half, watch for some defensive adjustments by Karns tonight. Anybody (without a persistent anti-Karns bias) who was at the Central game last week would agree that it WAS a decent game until mid 4th qtr. In fact, at the 21-13 point in the 3rd qtr a Karns receiver missed a perfectly thrown TD pass that could have tied the game. Early in the 4th qtr a Karns receiver missed a very catchable TD pass that would have made it 27-20. As far as talking to the Karns admin about the coaches, this sounds like more of the same griping. I don't like to argue with young people that I don't even know but perhaps GoKarns your problem is that you didn't get the amount of PT you wanted and you're upset? You once said other former players would be posting but I've never seen any. Perhaps the other consistently anti-Karns poster (Balleret) is your dad? If so I'd suggest that both of you go together to talk to Dr. Davis and Mr. Chandler. If the Karns coaches were that great they'd probably have moved on to the college or pro ranks by now. But good or not-so-good they're what we've got for now so why don't you two talk about something else until after the season - especially since you two apparently don't play and/or have any kids playing?

The rain won't help but I still say the "can do" Beavers show up and win one. Does Michael Norman still play for Powell? Does he still like chop blocks and other questionable tactics or has he cleaned up his act a little bit?

He is a starting offensive lineman for the Panthers. He loves the game of football & is intense. I won't answer your question about "questionable tactics" because I don't believe you should take a shot like that towards a young man in high school. You obviously have some history with this player, we all know he once played for Karns. I respectively ask that you edit your comments or completely withdraw the post.

Does Michael Norman still play for Powell? Does he still like chop blocks and other questionable tactics or has he cleaned up his act a little bit?

This question should have been via PM, but evidentially you don't have your inbox inabled, so that is not an option, which is why I am posting it here instead of via PM.

That is a pretty serious accusation to make towards a high school kid. Singling out a particular player with that kind of charge behind a screen name is pretty low. I'm not aware of any issues with Michael in that regard since he has been at Powell.