Big 8 Football Coaches

Big8fballfan

As a Science Hill fan I am seriously concerned with Scott Smith. Mr. I Have Wrote 12 Books On Football, Mr. All I Need A Defense For Is To Get Me The Ball Back and so on. After 2 ½ seasons coach Smith’s record is 12-14. I’ll be surprised if Science Hill wins more than 2 more games the second half of the season. (I hope I’m wrong) But all this talk of a new stadium and artificial turf and la-di-dah. What happen to championships? Science Hill has state championships in baseball, basketball, wrestling, track, tennis, swimming and so on. Science Hill hired this hotdog coach from middle Tennessee and in the first 2 ½ seasons is a disappointing 12-14. I’m just not seeing positive progress in the football program from one of the biggest schools in the state of Tennessee. I don’t think Scott Smith is the man to lead Science Hill to a state championship much less a conference championship. Hope I’m wrong. :popcorneater:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BatmanDB, As a fan of DB how long can you be happy with winning regular season games, only to get put out quickly in the playoffs year after year. DB hasn't won a state championship since 1964. So Clark doesn't even have a state championship on his resume to keep him floating like Fulmer had with the national championship at UT. Maybe if he would spend more time in the field house planning and studying film instead of running on Eastman Road he might get the job done.

Sorry to spoil your party but D-B has never won a playoff based state championship. Those began in the late 60's. Mo-East won one in '69 and THS won two in the early 70's. I know Jeff County and, maybe, Sevier County won one also later.

Let me make one other thing clear. Its not that the team is 1-4 that has everybody concerned. Its how we got there. You have to expect that at some point you might have a down year or two. But to watch how everything is coming down really has most real DB fans up in arms. There has to be changes made for the future. And im not talking about just the coaches.

The trend is the problem. I don't want to call you out but what other changes than the coaches are you talking about?

From what I hear, middle school performance in Kingsport and Colonial Heights is mixed, Vance is down, and Johnson City is kicking ***. If anyone is hoping for time it may be Scott Smith.

Not that MS performance is a great barometer of the future, but overall talent level does seem to flow in cycles.

It's funny how all that you heard was how DB was going to win this conference every year and it may end up that the three "little" schools are 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd. :popcorneater:

Funny, I am a db fan and never heard this. You made it up, cause we all know db is down

Ok, sorry. South was picked first with 5 first place votes and DB was picked second with 4 first place votes.