CAK vs Sequoyah

FootballDad

Just like DumDum said about Sequoyah, CAK too was down in numbers at practice yesterday due to illness & injury. Most teams in the region have experienced this recently. The Warriors do not have much depth at any position, but there was probably more depth at the receiver position coming into the season than most. Thats good, because the receivers have been hit hard with injury & illness this year, and that will hold true for Friday nights game as well. A couple key guys will miss due to injury & a couple could miss due to illness, we'll have to see on Friday. But if CoachB has to lineup LB's & DL at the receiver position to be able to throw it, he will. :thumb: It could be argued successfully that even our running game is actually a passing game. Even when we are trying to run the clock or be conservative, we pass the football. :popcorneater: I'm just saying....................

I hope all the Sequoyah fans come and support their team and enjoy the friendly atmosphere, and food :roflol: Have a safe trip.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ehrd some stuff about Seq. ... the things i have herd is that cak should have no problem with them. I think i leave the field every friday more and more impressed with the warriors! they have really surprised me this season. and as a alumni i am very proud to see the boys are taking care of business

We need to keep you and all the alumni coming back to Warrior Stadium. It's great for the players that were your teammates to see you back supporting them and to set an example for them to do the same in the future. :thumb: Idea: for homecoming get all your former teammates to come back to the game and wear their old jerseys.

I have ehrd some stuff about Seq. ... the things i have herd is that cak should have no problem with them. I think i leave the field every friday more and more impressed with the warriors! they have really surprised me this season. and as a alumni i am very proud to see the boys are taking care of business

We need to keep you and all the alumni coming back to Warrior Stadium. It's great for the players that were your teammates to see you back supporting them and to set an example for them to do the same in the future. :thumb:Idea: for homecoming get all your former teammates to come back to the game and wear their old jerseys.

That is a great idea!

Well Friday is almost here and that means prediction time, the Chiefs are coming off of a bye week, looking to get healed and get back to the field and try to bust into the win column. The Warriors are coming off a big win against Loudon, and moving up to number 6 in the state rankings, things are going well for CAK. This is a good setup game for a big let down if the Warriors are not mentally prepaired. 0-4 Sequoyah vs 5-0 CAK, on paper, Warriors big as they want it! On the field, alot closer than you think...

GO CHIEFS!!!

Well Friday is almost here and that means prediction time, the Chiefs are coming off of a bye week, looking to get healed and get back to the field and try to bust into the win column. The Warriors are coming off a big win against Loudon, and moving up to number 6 in the state rankings, things are going well for CAK. This is a good setup game for a big let down if the Warriors are not mentally prepaired. 0-4 Sequoyah vs 5-0 CAK, on paper, Warriors big as they want it! On the field, alot closer than you think...

GO CHIEFS!!!

I can guarantee you that my Warrior will be 100% mentally ready to play.

#44 Tyler Eichholtz has been nominated as a prepxtra player of the week. You can vote for him at prepxtra.com

Congratulations to Junior MLB Tyler Eichholtz who was selected as the Pro's Pick Prepxtra Defensive Player of the Week! Great job to #44 and the rest of the Warrior defense! :thumb:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/sep/2 ... op-honors/

#44 Tyler Eichholtz has been nominated as a prepxtra player of the week. You can vote for him at prepxtra.com

Congratulations to Junior MLB Tyler Eichholtz who was selected as the Pro's Pick Prepxtra Defensive Player of the Week! Great job to #44 and the rest of the Warrior defense! :thumb:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/sep/2 ... op-honors/

Tyler is very deserving, good job. :thumb: Coach Bradley also was selected the Coach of the Week. :lol:

CAK has a well earned reputation for a high flying offense and it looks like that should continue with their current crop of offensive players. But its nice to see the CAK defense getting some recognition as well, they have earned respect up to this stage of the season IMO. I believe this team realizes that while individual awards are flattering the success of the team can be unlimited if the players aren't consumed with who gets the credit. Coach said before the season that this group has a special way about them. 40 110's when Coach only asked for 20, nuff said.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Mentally ready, yeah CAK was very ready! Granted they didnt have to do much offensively. Their defense was very impressive, stumbled a bit when the Chiefs went to the double wing but recovered nicely after seeing a few plays. Our prayers go out to #19 (i think his name is Zack Smith), from my understanding he is a senior and he suffered a broken leg. The night went a little worse than I thought it would, I was so dissapointed with NO WARRIOR WINGS!!! You guys told me how great the chicken wings were, they didnt even have any for sale, I was so hungry, lol. Good Luck the rest of the season Warriors, and hopefully the next time we meet it will be a better game.

GO CHIEFS!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!

Mentally ready, yeah CAK was very ready! Granted they didnt have to do much offensively. Their defense was very impressive, stumbled a bit when the Chiefs went to the double wing but recovered nicely after seeing a few plays. Our prayers go out to #19 (i think his name is Zack Smith), from my understanding he is a senior and he suffered a broken leg. The night went a little worse than I thought it would, I was so dissapointed with NO WARRIOR WINGS!!! You guys told me how great the chicken wings were, they didnt even have any for sale, I was so hungry, lol. Good Luck the rest of the season Warriors, and hopefully the next time we meet it will be a better game.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Thanks for your prayers for #19. I'm sure he and his parent appreicate it. He is a Senior and this was his first year to play. I'm sorry about the Warrior Wings. They really are good. Our concessions mgr told me tonight that due to the predicted rainy weather they had scaled back on the concession offerings for this game.

Good luck to the Chiefs the rest of the season. Hopefully you had no injuries. We'll be pulling for you guys the rest of this year. :thumb:

For those interested who were not able to attend the game:

Sequoyah won the toss and elected to receive. CAK was able to get the Chiefs stopped after 3rd down and had great field position to crank up the offense. With the short field, CAK scored pretty quickly, and this was pretty much the story through the first half. Sequoya QB showed some nice passing, but without the threat of a run and pass offense, CAK was able (after a couple series) to shut down the passing game. I believe the Warriors had a total of 3 picks in the game, two of which were by Colby Maddux #18, and he returned one of those for a TD. (That is his 2nd pick 6 on the season from the OLB position.) The score was 41 / 0 with about 2:30 to go in the first half when after a kickoff, CAK senior Zach Smith, #19, was injured with a pretty major leg injury. The refs decided to call it a half and both teams went to the locker room without further play.

The second half saw CAK's younger players (mixture of 2nd team and freshmen) play through it's entirety. Despite tough play by Sequoyah, CAK was able to preserve the shutout. While CAK was able to move the ball in the second half, they ended by taking a knee twice, and did not score. Final was 41 / 0.

I had a chance to talk with some of the Sequoyah fans and radio announcer, and they were all extremely friendly; a classy group. I hope they enjoyed Warrior Stadium. I will say that the threat of rain kept the crowds, and the Warrior Wings down. I look forward to traveling to Sequoyah next year. I hear the school is beautiful! Good luck the rest of the season. I will be pulling for you as well!

For those interested who were not able to attend the game:

Sequoyah won the toss and elected to receive. CAK was able to get the Chiefs stopped after 3rd down and had great field position to crank up the offense. With the short field, CAK scored pretty quickly, and this was pretty much the story through the first half. Sequoya QB showed some nice passing, but without the threat of a run and pass offense, CAK was able (after a couple series) to shut down the passing game. I believe the Warriors had a total of 3 picks in the game, two of which were by Colby Maddux #18, and he returned one of those for a TD. (That is his 2nd pick 6 on the season from the OLB position.) The score was 41 / 0 with about 2:30 to go in the first half when after a kickoff, CAK senior Zach Smith, #19, was injured with a pretty major leg injury. The refs decided to call it a half and both teams went to the locker room without further play.

The second half saw CAK's younger players (mixture of 2nd team and freshmen) play through it's entirety. Despite tough play by Sequoyah, CAK was able to preserve the shutout. While CAK was able to move the ball in the second half, they ended by taking a knee twice, and did not score. Final was 41 / 0.

I had a chance to talk with some of the Sequoyah fans and radio announcer, and they were all extremely friendly; a classy group. I hope they enjoyed Warrior Stadium. I will say that the threat of rain kept the crowds, and the Warrior Wings down. I look forward to traveling to Sequoyah next year. I hear the school is beautiful! Good luck the rest of the season. I will be pulling for you as well!

Nice recap GVK. I will add that #2(Quinn Epperly) accounted for 5 TD's, 4 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD (a QB SNEAK from under center, the devil himself is having an ice skating party today :( ) all in the first half. The 4 TD passes were hauled in by #21 (Blake Houser). The Warriors showed a lot of maturity by staying focused and taking care of business early and then turning it over to the young guys. Happy to see them getting some reps, I saw some pretty good licks thrown by some of those guys :thumb: Thanks coach for getting these guys in. Happy to see us take a couple of knees at the end of the game.