CAK vs Sequoyah

FootballDad

Hey Folks,

After the off week (in which we needed in a bad way), the Chiefs are looking for alot of positives coming out of this game, before heading into more district play. Been battling the injury bug a bit down this way also. The Warriors beat a good Loudon team last week (dont let Loudons record fool ya folks), we know we are going to have to fight for every inch and look forward to the challenge. Havent been to CAK, you folks got some good fixins up there or should we stop and grab something before we get there?

I wasn't thrilled that we had to move up to 3A this year (just 400 students at CAK), but its interesting getting to see new teams that we haven't faced before. :mrgreen:

It's not that big of a move since the playoffs are divided into 6 classes.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Folks,

After the off week (in which we needed in a bad way), the Chiefs are looking for alot of positives coming out of this game, before heading into more district play. Been battling the injury bug a bit down this way also. The Warriors beat a good Loudon team last week (dont let Loudons record fool ya folks), we know we are going to have to fight for every inch and look forward to the challenge. Havent been to CAK, you folks got some good fixins up there or should we stop and grab something before we get there?

I wasn't thrilled that we had to move up to 3A this year (just 400 students at CAK), but its interesting getting to see new teams that we haven't faced before. :thumb:

True. But the real problem I had was that Alcoa moved up to 3A too, and AE stayed at 3A. :mrgreen: It's made us better competing with teams like that, but it sure has put a mighty big road block in the middle of all the roads headed West to Cookeville.

woah now stud. as was mentioned earlier, CAK dosnt have a 3rd string. itll be freshman who have hardly played high school football before that will be in the game sometime around the third quarter. This means probably three and outs and bad field position for an incredibly undersized and under experienced defense. Sequoyah will score but hopefully the warriors starters will come out focused and we will already be up by a few touchdowns when it happens.

Hey Folks,

I wasn't thrilled that we had to move up to 3A this year (just 400 students at CAK), but its interesting getting to see new teams that we haven't faced before. :popcorneater:

Whew! I feel better!! With 6 classifications I don't have to worry about Alcoa anymore, right?! As if Alcoa in the regular season and in the playoffs wasn't bad enough, add in A-E. And while you're at it, let's add 4A teams to the district and make that record count toward getting a playoff spot. I don't know, but for a school with 400 kids, that sounds like a fairly substantial move to me.

So here is how this is gonna play out. Cak will hands down control the game i really dont even see sequoyah getting a first down (on account of cak's solid d line). All this will be is a patting stats game for cak.

Cak- however many times its possible to score in a game

Sequoyah- 0

Ok, just my opinion, but this "one post wonder" does not sound like a CAK fan or player to me. Is someone trying to fabricate locker room material or what? Weak.

So here is how this is gonna play out. Cak will hands down control the game i really dont even see sequoyah getting a first down (on account of cak's solid d line). All this will be is a patting stats game for cak.

Sequoyah- 0

Ok, just my opinion, but this "one post wonder" does not sound like a CAK fan or player to me. Is someone trying to fabricate locker room material or what? Weak.

Agreed...This TROLL needs to find another bridge to hide under :popcorneater:

#44 Tyler Eichholtz has been nominated as a prepxtra player of the week. You can vote for him at prepxtra.com.

Sequoyah- 0

Agreed...This TROLL needs to find another bridge to hide under :wacko:

Agreed~!! :thumb:

IF Sequoyah will play inspired, fired up defensive football like we know they can the game can be closer than some think. Steinhardt is still tough against the run. Don't know how bad the injury bug is at Seq, but I do know that when they decide to play hard and really get after the football defensively they can be tough. The season is still young and if Seq gets some points there is no telling how inspirational that could be for the defense. As Jimmy Valvano said "Don't ever give up!"

IF Sequoyah will play inspired, fired up defensive football like we know they can the game can be closer than some think. Steinhardt is still tough against the run. Don't know how bad the injury bug is at Seq, but I do know that when they decide to play hard and really get after the football defensively they can be tough. The season is still young and if Seq gets some points there is no telling how inspirational that could be for the defense. As Jimmy Valvano said "Don't ever give up!"

Good attitude Duke :thumb: Games are played on grass, not paper. So CAK had better come out ready to play. If they do, then they should win comfortably. If they come out flat and simply go through the motions, then it could be a ball game. This is an opportunity for this CAK team to demonstrate whether or not they are mature enough to handle some success. A mature team will come out and take care of business early & pass the baton to the even younger guys. An immature team will walk around uninspired, get multiple procedure & holding penalties, turnover the football and end up having to fight in the 4th qtr to secure a victory. Which team will the Warriors be? :thumb:

Went out to check out the Chiefs this afternoon, a little dissapointed in the numbers out there, but there was some good action today. The one thing I notice about this team is that most of the backups are just as good as some of the starters, that could be good or one could see that as a bad thing. Yeah I said some of the starters, Steinhardt and Workman are beast and these guys need to put in a great game, which they should. I did see alot of underclassmen really stepping it up when they got their chance. Thought Owen looked solid in the backfield, would like to see him on defense more. How will the Chiefs handle the Warriors quick passing game? It will be interesting, think we will need some breaks to go our way. Hits were plenty today, tempers flaring, which tells me that the Chiefs are still fighting to make something out of this season. Looking forward to eating some Warrior Wings and get back to the high school football action (after being off last week)!