DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

Lady Blaze report:

Blackman wins 56-40 over Wilson Central: Close game all the way until about 1/2 way thru the 4th quarter win Blackman finally broke it open. I did not go to this game. Just listened to it on the radio. Sounded like Shelby still not playing well. She needs to get going for Blackman to beat good teams. They are good with her not playing well. They can be really good if she is playing well. Stars of the night for Blackman were Kelsey Nowlin (18 or 19 points) and Kortnay Cox with 13 points. Its amazing the improvement of Cox since last year. Its great for her to be stepping up like she is. Tierra Norris played another good game. Katie Smith needs to come alive also. Good solid win but it is over a Wilson Central team that is not as good as it has been in the past. It might be good that Blackman hasn't jelled yet because it means there best ball is ahead of them. I've seen in the past teams that looked great early in the season and they would fall apart at the end.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RD, so you now beat Hillsboro significantly, lost to Cleveland by a little and now lost to MC at their place by 10 and beat Shelbyville significantly. Come on!!! Why don't you play someone!!!!!! You ducking the best in the state. Just kidding. you are playing the best in the State. Four at their place. RD your players may think their Coach doesn't love them any more. Something tells me, unless injuries arise, its a good thing your squad is so deep. Your current record puts you close to top in the state. I don't know any coach that would play that schedule early in the year. Of couirse, the beat goes on and its no better in the District. That may be even worse. Each team will have 10 games in the District that will be worth seeing. Siegel, Oakland, and Smyrna are taking this seriously.

RD, so you now beat Hillsboro significantly, lost to Cleveland by a little and now lost to MC at their place by 10 and beat Shelbyville significantly. Come on!!! Why don't you play someone!!!!!! You ducking the best in the state. Just kidding. you are playing the best in the State. Four at their place. RD your players may think their Coach doesn't love them any more. Something tells me, unless injuries arise, its a good thing your squad is so deep. Your current record puts you close to top in the state. I don't know any coach that would play that schedule early in the year. Of couirse, the beat goes on and its no better in the District. That may be even worse. Each team will have 10 games in the District that will be worth seeing. Siegel, Oakland, and Smyrna are taking this seriously.

I think we are at shelbyville on tues also none of those games have been at home either

Then you go to Mt Juliet and play Hillsboro again before District. Then you play Lincoln again to finish up pre District. I have never seen such an agressive schedule pre District except maybe Shelbyville some years ago. We'll all learn something from this ,if nothing else, how to schedule. A school who has the players and organization has the responsibility to play the best in the state and not get caught up beating someone 80-30. Records do not get a school a State Championship unless a corresponding record confirms it, ie, CoachT record and success thread. Basketball is not like volleyball when there is tournaments everywhere that schools can go and ultimately play the best if they want to. This is the first time I have seen a school try to do that with a regular season schedule and then punctuate it with a pretty aggressive District schedule. There is no question what this school and its cohorts are after. Right now, the only other District that looks to be doing the same thing is District 13AA but even they don;t travel that much. 7A and 7AA have also done the same thing but tht is a way of life.

So without knowing it, Memphis Central, Cleveland, Blackman, Lavergne and whoever else is interested: RDale is in the hunt unless this probation thing is the hang up.

I'll be honest, I am more impressed with what Riverdale has done this season so far with 2 losses to quality teams than what Blackman has done with 0 losses.

This district looks incredibly strong. We all know Riverdale, Lavergne, and Blackman are strong but look at what Smyrna, Siegel, and Oakland are doing. There wont be an easy game anywhere in district play this year.

I'll be honest, I am more impressed with what Riverdale has done this season so far with 2 losses to quality teams than what Blackman has done with 0 losses.

This district looks incredibly strong. We all know Riverdale, Lavergne, and Blackman are strong but look at what Smyrna, Siegel, and Oakland are doing. There wont be an easy game anywhere in district play this year.

Blaze, I would say that this will be a season to remember and to sit back and relax and enjoy. All things being even the games will be won on the court and watching the moves the coaches will make, for the basketball technical people, will be outstanding. Hodges, Hibdon, Bush and Grandstaff are known to 7AAA veterens and the coaches at Smyrna and Lavergne will coach hard. But the first four will put on a show by themselves and hate to lose. That we know.

I agree with your post and your analysis and with Lavergne getting their players back , they will be in the mix. Those who go to the games should bring a roster of players of both schools as these players will need to be remembered. Your objectivity is appreciated and its unlikely the students from all of the Schools will await the boys games this year with what is at stake. A lot of fans are watching what is happening right now. Fan interest is very high.

Ok, I've read the last few posts & can say one cannot get hung up on win/losses at this time of the season. It only matters what happens at the end and players, coaches and fans have to remember that. Also a tough early season schedule isn't always a predictor who will make it to the finals. Look at what Hillsboro did last year, didn't really have a tough schedule but had the right players gelling together at the right time and ended up winning state. I think when teams start focusing on what other teams are doing, then they start losing focus on their goals.

I'm rooting for all 7AAA teams when they play out of district and hope they have a good showing because I know a lot of the girls and their parent and during the summer season we are a family because our girls play or have played together. Currently all the teams are competing and playing well but when it's all said and done, it's only going to matter what happens in district and regional play.