1a running backs

Tenntex

Posted by Tenntex:

Is there anyone putting up the numbers like CHRIS WOODEN of DCA. In the first four games he is somewhere around 640 yds. He is only a soph but has the heart of a lion, Congrats Chris on a great season so far.

Aaron Cothran Fairview 9 85 745 8.76 percarry

Chris Wooden DCA 4 103 637 6.18 per carry

Joe Bryant Jo Byrns 7 41 536 13.07 per carry

Chris Fanning Huntland 6 41 487 11.87 per carry

Ryan Karl BGA 3 70 455

James Pryor Franklin Co. 2 71 453

Michael Edmiston Lincoln Co. 3 54 435

Ellis Dailey Lewis Co. 4 38 432

Shawn Ward Smith Co. 7 56 426

Marcus Hill McGavock 1 60 409

He also has twice as many carries as many of the people on this chart. He seems like a good back but we will find out this week what he has when Ezell rolls into town. 1st string defense has only given up 13 points this year.

But for a sophomore very impressive and he is leading the state in 1a but the guy right behind him has only gotten 41 carries compared to his 100+ and is aceraging an ASTONDING 13 yards a carry.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 9-17-02 3:42P]

I enjoy attending mid-state prep football games and have had an opportunity to go to 2 of DCA's games this year and I have to say that Chris Wooden is an incredible running back. The fact that he is only a sophomore and already has 650 yards in 4 games is incredible. If you have an opportunity to watch this young man in a game sometime,I suggest you do, it would be worth the money.

Colt Risner from collinwood is a great Running back in 1A, He may not have 800 yards so far but he gets the big plays.Collinwood is not a team where one person will get 150 carries in a season, we are a team that tries to spread the ball around.That way, unlike most teams, you can't focus on one person.Yes i know that our QB jon ward in great.Yes he is alot of our offense,but collinwood has a few more people that are great with the ball to. #7, #4, #1, #84, and #85 are all good ball carriers.I block from fullback for both #7 and #1 they are both really good at reading my blocks and hitting the hole wide open.

Posted by Roids3:

Colt Risner from collinwood is a great Running back in 1A, He may not have 800 yards so far but he gets the big plays.Collinwood is not a team where one person will get 150 carries in a season, we are a team that tries to spread the ball around.That way, unlike most teams, you can't focus on one person.Yes i know that our QB jon ward in great.Yes he is alot of our offense,but collinwood has a few more people that are great with the ball to. #7, #4, #1, #84, and #85 are all good ball carriers.I block from fullback for both #7 and #1 they are both really good at reading my blocks and hitting the hole wide open.

LOL #3 i saw ur picture last year and watched u play no offense but u look like ur on roids.