White House at Goodpasture

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great game. Both side played very well. Great job Cougars coming away with the win.

I know White House fans are gonna start talking about the scoreboard clock. You CANNOT go by the scoreboard. The time is kept on the field, so are the downs, and yardage. When the scoreboard said 19 secs, the refs on the field had 23 secs. ( I asked one after the game) You don't go by the scoreboard. Most High School boards don't have the ability to add sec back on there. It lost you the game last week when WH spiked it on 4th down. But Goodpasture intercepted it on 3rd down so the clock was not a factor.

seeings how white house didn't spike it on 4th down. that was pretty ignorant, just like the tv announcers who said that.

I hope people continue to underestimate Goodpasture. They are young, but they are talented! You better be ready for a physical football game because that is what they bring. There line is playing very good on both sides of the ball. They average 300lbs across the board. They also have a very good linebacking core, and very athletic and fast db's. With the way they are running the ball with there fullbacks, along with the quarterback play and the two real good wide receivers they have, they are going to be tough to beat! And if it is a close game, they have a very good field goal kicker. I think the later in the year it gets, the more confidence this young team will get. I think that is a tribute to Coach Martin and his coaching staff. They just keep improving game by game. Good luck to both teams, this should be a very exciting game.

Bet those boys came straight from madison too, because goodpasture would never recruit.

I hope people continue to underestimate Goodpasture. They are young, but they are talented! You better be ready for a physical football game because that is what they bring. There line is playing very good on both sides of the ball. They average 300lbs across the board. They also have a very good linebacking core, and very athletic and fast db's. With the way they are running the ball with there fullbacks, along with the quarterback play and the two real good wide receivers they have, they are going to be tough to beat! And if it is a close game, they have a very good field goal kicker. I think the later in the year it gets, the more confidence this young team will get. I think that is a tribute to Coach Martin and his coaching staff. They just keep improving game by game. Good luck to both teams, this should be a very exciting game.

Bet those boys came straight from madison too, because goodpasture would never recruit.

RockHudson there is no sense in crying the "recruit card" now that the game is over. This is what everyone does against Goodpasture and Lipscomb when they lose to them. Give me a break!!!! Congrats to the Cougars on a hard fought win tonight.

I think White House has a very good team. I think the jury is still out on Goodpasture. Goodpasture was very impressive against a very mediocre (for them) David Lipscomb. If Goodpasture beats White House...then they can say they have turned the corner.

Is Dixon out for this game? He didn't play much in the 2nd half of the Beech game.

IThe jury returned its verdict --- THe Cougars Won , and that was with Dixon in the line up. OH by the way did you see that Lipscomb score 41-14 over Whites Creek. I guess that Mediocre played game last week against GP Lit a fire under them, or they are not mediocre after all.

Wow what a game! It was nice that Goodpasture beat that mediocre David Lipscomb team that beat Whites Creek last night. Now that Goodpasture has beaten Whitehouse, I believe Goodpasture has turned the corner! They are growing up before our eyes. Trox played, Dixon played, everyone played, and Goodpastue won. Even though Goodpasture did everything they could at the end of the first half to give it away! I was very proud to see the resolve of the Cougars. After the first half, they could have easily hung there head, but they did not, they came out fighting. The boys were yelling at each other to go out there and fight for it! That was nice to see. I was also impressed how Whitehouse kept coming back. Goodpasture has got to do a better job against gadget plays and screens. I was also glad to see that Whitehouse got another shot at the end zone after what happened to them last week. Also, on the last drive, the sideline threw a flag against the coach of Whitehouse for yelling at him. You could tell when the line judge gave the signal to keep the clock running on the sideline play, he was ******! And right after he did that, the linejudge threw the flag. I am glad they did not call it because you hate to see a game decided on penalties. Congrats to the referee for realizing that it was a hard fought game, and to just give Whitehouse a sideline warning! At the end of the day, Whitehouse could not stop Goodpasture's running game, and that was the difference. I also knew that Goodpasture has speed, but I was surprised to see #9 for Goodpasture chase down Dixon from across the field! I also was impressed with the way #23 for Goodpasture was finishing off runs. He didnt play last week against Lipscomb, and you could tell that he wanted to play! All in all, good game on both sides. I hope #5 is ok. I heard he had to go to the hospital, I hope he is allright!

GOODPASTURES LINE IS HUGE. REMINDS ME OF WHITE HOUSE IN 07 WITH GAINES AND BOONE. COUGARS ALSO HAVE A BIG BACK. I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD BE HARD TO STOP THEIR RUNNING GAME. WHITE HOUSES MCEWEN LOOKS TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL . IM NOT SURE WHAT HES GOT BUT HES (GOT IT) WHATEVER IT IS.

I BELIEVE TROX ALSO TIED FINCH FOR THE SCHOOL RECORD LAST NIGHT WITH HIS 3RD 200 YARD PASSING GAME . IT WAS ALSO BACK TO BACK WEEKS. THE BALANCE IS THERE BUT ALSO BOTH GAMES WERE LOSES , BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER BOTH GAMES WERE TO TOUGH TEAMS . THESE GAMES WILL MAKE WHITE HOUSE STRONGER AS THE SEASON GOES BY. I STILL LIKE THEIR CHANCES TO GO FAR IN POST-SEASON.

No one has but you.

What a great game. Both side played very well. Great job Cougars coming away with the win.

I know White House fans are gonna start talking about the scoreboard clock. You CANNOT go by the scoreboard. The time is kept on the field, so are the downs, and yardage. When the scoreboard said 19 secs, the refs on the field had 23 secs. ( I asked one after the game) You don't go by the scoreboard. Most High School boards don't have the ability to add sec back on there. It lost you the game last week when WH spiked it on 4th down. But Goodpasture intercepted it on 3rd down so the clock was not a factor.

GOODPASTURES LINE IS HUGE. REMINDS ME OF WHITE HOUSE IN 07 WITH GAINES AND BOONE. COUGARS ALSO HAVE A BIG BACK. I CAN SEE HOW IT WOULD BE HARD TO STOP THEIR RUNNING GAME. WHITE HOUSES MCEWEN LOOKS TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL . IM NOT SURE WHAT HES GOT BUT HES (GOT IT) WHATEVER IT IS.

I BELIEVE TROX ALSO TIED FINCH FOR THE SCHOOL RECORD LAST NIGHT WITH HIS 3RD 200 YARD PASSING GAME . IT WAS ALSO BACK TO BACK WEEKS. THE BALANCE IS THERE BUT ALSO BOTH GAMES WERE LOSES , BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER BOTH GAMES WERE TO TOUGH TEAMS . THESE GAMES WILL MAKE WHITE HOUSE STRONGER AS THE SEASON GOES BY. I STILL LIKE THEIR CHANCES TO GO FAR IN POST-SEASON.

ACTUALLY , I FOUND OUT TROX BROKE THE RECORD FOR CAREER 200 YARD GAMES. HE HAD 2 LAST YEAR AND THIS WAS HIS 2ND THIS YEAR. CONGRATS .

ACTUALLY , I FOUND OUT TROX BROKE THE RECORD FOR CAREER 200 YARD GAMES. HE HAD 2 LAST YEAR AND THIS WAS HIS 2ND THIS YEAR. CONGRATS .

I find it incredible White House has not had any more 200 yd. passing games than that. I guess that speaks for a strong running game over the years.