Powell vs Hardin Valley

reeder10

Powell must do some serious regrouping to have any chance at making playoffs or winning a game. The coaches should really look at the film to see what the many weaknesses are and maybe give some other players a chance to do better. It couldn't be much worst. Powell seems to be getting worst or maybe the competition is getting better. I have also noticed the coaches having a really short leash on some players making mistakes and just leaving others that make mistakes in to continue making mistakes. Also, some players sit outside the locker room at half time. What is the reasoning for that??? No wonder they don't play as a team as I have heard players say. They have many, many problems that need to be fixed to win any more games. They also need some tackling technique instead of diving at the feet of ball carrieres instead of making the hit. I realize they are a young team but half the season is over and being young shouldn't be an excuse anymore. I hope whatever the problem is the coaches can get it fixed. Powell has good athletes and coaches.

you should have titled this thread "Powells Problems" or " My B@#$% session on Powell" because you didnt say anything about Hardin Valley...

My Son said that the players outside are Freshmen who dont have a chance to play. He says that eliminates freshman playing around.

You are a bit vague on your problems... Please go ahead and be specific so we can discuss the true meaning of your points instead of having to guess and what your beating around the bush about...

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't this years Powell team suppose to be 3-7 or 4-6 at best?

This is a winnable game for Powell, but not the "give me" that it once looked like it would be. The Hawks are a few years away from being a true threat, but I believe it will not be very long before they will be in the mix. The lack of a good pass defense for the Panthers is a bit baffling considering the athletes on the team. IMHO I believe the problem can be resolved but it most likely will require some shuffling of personel and/or a change in the defensive scheme. At this stage of the season do you stick with what you've got, or do you keep tweaking it ? :thumb:

you should have titled this thread "Powells Problems" or " My B@#$% session on Powell" because you didnt say anything about Hardin Valley...

My Son said that the players outside are Freshmen who dont have a chance to play. He says that eliminates freshman playing around.

You are a bit vague on your problems... Please go ahead and be specific so we can discuss the true meaning of your points instead of having to guess and what your beating around the bush about...

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't this years Powell team suppose to be 3-7 or 4-6 at best?

I do not have an agenda with the post. I was simply stating my observations. This was the first game I was able to attend since the Fulton game that I thought Powell could've won. Having to work on Friday nights and Satudays I don't get to attend all of the games. It did'nt appear that Powell played as poorly as they did Friday night against Karns. I am not bashing Powell or the coaches. Some things must be fixed to win against HV or any other team. Powell seems to be off track. They must defend the pass and have better tackling and the turnovers must also be fixed. Powell has 9 turnovers in the 3 home losses and they have all come at critical times. As far as the 3-7 or 4-6 record.. I haven't heard that until you said it. It seems to me that if you have to worry about the kids outside the locker rm at half time disturbing the half time speech then why dress them? Like I said Powell has good athletes and coaches. This post was not meant to offend anyone. I am just stating my observations.

Does anyone know if Hardin Valley throws the football?

I can only find Hardin Valley stats from the first 3 games, but they threw it about 40 times total in those three games, which is about 14 attempts per game.

I would be willing to bet that they will put it in the air this week. They have most likely seen tape of the last two games and are well aware of what Anderson County and Karns did in the air.

Honestly, Powell is likely going to see the ball in the air pretty much the rest of the season. They have to prove that they can stop the pass before teams think twice about throwing it.

Does anyone know if Hardin Valley throws the football?

I can only find Hardin Valley stats from the first 3 games, but they threw it about 40 times total in those three games, which is about 14 attempts per game.

I would be willing to bet that they will put it in the air this week. They have most likely seen tape of the last two games and are well aware of what Anderson County and Karns did in the air.

Honestly, Powell is likely going to see the ball in the air pretty much the rest of the season. They have to prove that they can stop the pass before teams think twice about throwing it.

Very nice call @well said HTV