BLACKMAN VS SIEGEL

MrBigTen06

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PBD, I think just about every team in our district has their strength in their defense. I think Riverdale's though is their offense and Lavergne's is their offense too. It is really exciting to me to see so many teams with strong D's.....as that is my favorite part of football. I am anxious to see this Blackman D. I think they may overpower our O as it can be very inconsistent , and I think our D can overpower Blackman's O as well. It will be a battle of the D's in our game for sure. Whichever O can squeak it out will take the game. OR.....it may be the defense or special teams to make the actual scores. It is going to be exciting to watch for sure.

PBD, I think just about every team in our district has their strength in their defense. I think Riverdale's though is their offense and Lavergne's is their offense too. It is really exciting to me to see so many teams with strong D's.....as that is my favorite part of football. I am anxious to see this Blackman D. I think they may overpower our O as it can be very inconsistent , and I think our D can overpower Blackman's O as well. It will be a battle of the D's in our game for sure. Whichever O can squeak it out will take the game. OR.....it may be the defense or special teams to make the actual scores. It is going to be exciting to watch for sure.

2P...i could not have said it better! Oakland vs Blackman will come down to Defense and special teams...probably much like last year...I thought we had a good D last year...and with losing a couple of really good seniors...i NEVER imagined this D would be better until i saw them in practice at the start of the season...there was really no weak link...our offense has great potential and big play potential...but it has struggled with two tough district games ...espcially with leaving points on the field when getting it down to the one yard line against symrna and having a TD called back last night for holding...this will come back to bite us against our brutal 3 game stretch we have left to play...IMHO there are 3 (not the only things) key things that have helped us have the D we have...1. Dawon (spelling?) Brown is healthy after having 2 ACL surgeries over the last 2 years...at 6'5" and 270lbs he anchors our DL...2. Transfer hunter thompson from brentwood academy at linebacker...6'0" 210lbs and can hit and run and only a junior...3. having the ability to put senior captain David Lee...6'1" 265lbs on the DL (he was playing middle linebacker in the spring) because of a healthy junior linebacker that has a great last name :roflol:

these three things that worked out for us crystalized a defense that had some all ready great ingredients to work with (such as shutdown corners -collier and smith-and 3 athletic and seasoned safeties in armstrong (SS)...Dietriech (Free) and joseph raiby (spelling again- at weak safety)...we certainly are well coached ...but i thought we were well coached on D last year too! And for the first time in my 5 years of being apart of blackman football...we have NO SOPHOMORES starting...which is very helpful in this district at 6A...

looking forward to a great game with oakland in a couple of weeks...it will certainly bring clarity to the playoff picture...and now i know how you felt last year...it's fun to have blackman in the mix after years of struggle...and the last point is... can i finally meet the famous 2p at this years game? :roflolk::roflolk:

....I tell you what I think is pathetic....when these new posters appear out of nowhere when a team is winning and jump on the bandwagon and shoot off their mouths. Where were YOU when Blackman needed you to get on here and defend them and encourage them in their down times? Pattonboysdad has consistently been on here for a LONG time teelling us positives about his team and taking up for them......and I supported my Pats through very lean times on here too.

WHERE WERE YOU, big shot BlackmanXXXXPRIDE? Where was your pride before this year? Yeah, I already know. Bet you deserted the Titans this yr too. Blah Blah Blah.....your words mean absolutely NOTHING . You have zero credibilty. Go paint your face up for Halloween.

it makes the wins sweeter each week when our team gets bashed by other schools.

the disheartening things they post on here only makes our boys want to win more and more.

let them keep on, it is just fuel to our fire. :thumb:

2p.. before you attack me for just joining today, think about why new people join. to defend their team. if we got on here condemning oakland, i'll bet you'd have a lot of new people sticking up for you also. its not fair for mykidsdad and pbd to take all the heat all the time! i am an avid reader who never got angry enough to join, but i feel now is an appropriate time. :thumb:

Plenty of bad things have been said about Blackman on here over the years. If you were an avid reader, you would have gotten ticked off wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy before now and jumped in here. :thumb:

We have had Oakland fans on here come and go.....we had several newbies join last yr and run their mouths too after we started winning. I was embarrassed at some of the things they said to others and tried to smooth things over many a time. I hate cocky players, fans, or coaches. Just ask around......oh yeah.....being the AVID reader that you are, you should know this. :thumb: I know many coaches read this board religiously and use what uninformed FANs say to pump up their team. Any GOOD coach doesn't have to use this drivel to motivate their players.

Plenty of bad things have been said about Blackman on here over the years. If you were an avid reader, you would have gotten ticked off wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy before now and jumped in here. :thumb:

We have had Oakland fans on here come and go.....we had several newbies join last yr and run their mouths too after we started winning. I was embarrassed at some of the things they said to others and tried to smooth things over many a time. I hate cocky players, fans, or coaches. Just ask around......oh yeah.....being the AVID reader that you are, you should know this. :thumb: I know many coaches read this board religiously and use what uninformed FANs say to pump up their team. Any GOOD coach doesn't have to use this drivel to motivate their players.

I am also embarrassed at some of the things our fans say. But one or two voices who are uneducated and arrogant do not make it acceptable for our whole team to be punished. We have an overflux of respectful fans that counteract our more rowdy ones. I'm sure you can understand that.

Since you are apparently coacht patrol, i wanted to tell you that i have thirty one different blackman t shirts, twenty one of which are football related. I also have not missed a game in 4 years now. (besides last years wilson central game.. i was on a plane to disney world!) I don't know any other way to prove my loyalty! Hope that makes up for my absense, and tells you that i am a TRUE fan.

after futher reflection...at this point in the season...there is no doubt that blackman has the best defense in the district...giving up something like 2.2 points per game...only 2 to symrna, 3 to siegel, and 12 to Lavergne...

riverdale gave up 27 to symrna

oakland gave up 28 to lavergne

symrna gave up 30 to riverdale

riverdale gave up 20 something to hendersonville

etc, etc., etc.,

they bend but don't break

they keep folks out of the endzone

they are both Big and fast at EVERY POSITION...which is probably their greatest trait...they are big enough to pound with you and all 11 can fly to the ball no matter where it is on the field.

they have alot of depth

they have a great scheme...and been coached very well

some of you want believe me and that's okay...you'll believe eventually much like many did last year about Oakland's defense as the season wore on...Blackman's offense is good but has much to work on...but their D is their backbone of this team! Great job so far guys!

Hey PBD, how's that leg??? I felt so bad for you last night, see if you had been on the sidelines walking aronud that wouldn't have happened.... gotta love complainers from other schools screwing it up for the rest of us!!!! Hope your leg gets to feeling better!